Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dungeons of Dragon´s Spine - Whats the idea here?

Default Dungeons of Dragon´s Spine - Whats the idea here?

I love the Dragon Spine´s dungeon. I love the looks of the gear that drops there. Im trying as often I can to get hold of the epics there, even though Ive never get hold of the Feet and Legs I still miss. The head piece and the chest piece that I believe is supposed to drop in The Slithering Chaos dungeon - that never seems to see the light of day - are pieces I guess well never get our hands on.

The Coils of Ubah Khan is the hardest dungeon to complete, and since the gears stats are the same as the Khitai gear its really no point doing this dungeon other than for Achievements or possibly vanity, to gear up for T3.5 or higher. And with the end dungeon - The Slithering Chaos - not even launched it makes less point farming this dungeon. I mean, the T6 (!!) dungeon is out, BEFORE even releasing TSC.

The thing is that after all nerfes The CoUK is harder to complete than the T3.5 raid, which makes no sense. Its also way harder to find experienced players for this dungeon. Not to talk about the time to finish a full run, if that lucky.

Is it a completely stupid idea to upgrade the epic gear stats to T3.5 stats in order to match the dungeon and make it more attractive to players? Or does this dungeon needs to be nerfed instead?

Whats Funcom plans for these dungeons?? And the Dragon´s Spine in general? Is it just a huge playfield that holds the Gates for T5 and T6??

If this has been discussed before Im sorry for reposting.

Take care all, and Ill see your slayed bodies on the Battlefield! Hehe!

No reason to touch the difficulty of Coils when people don't do half the dungeons in the game anyways, and it's a really fun dungeon to do with friends. It's nice to have something more challenging that semi-requires you to jump on teamspeak.

Also, The Slithering Chaos has been hinted to drop accessories that interact with T6 weapons for new bonuses, so it should be worthwhile even for raiders. It's likely that people who don't have guilds that can do T6 will still be able to benefit by getting items from the raid finder version of T6.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Is it a completely stupid idea to upgrade the epic gear stats to T3.5 stats in order to match the dungeon and make it more attractive to players? Or does this dungeon needs to be nerfed instead?
    Agree that dungeon gear from Unchained modes (except Amphi) and Dragon Spine could do with an upgrade. With the nerfs to T3.5 and T4, and the addition of T5 and T6 gear, PvE gear progression has become almost exclusively focused on raids. This completely ignores that the harder dungeon encounters are among the best of what AoC has to offer.

Personally, I think a budget upgrade to about T4 level would be warranted for the dungeons in question. T5 and T6 level gear would still offer sufficient incentives for people to raid. (Some people complain that for certain classes, the upgrades aren't large enough - but that's silly if you consider the difference between T1 and T2 back in the day. You don't need a huge power gap like the one between previous gear and T4 to make people sign up for raids.)

Nerfs would be a shame. There's enough easy dungeons in the game already.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

I too have always felt the rewards for dragon spine dungeons were underwhelming.
    T4 stat budget sounds good.
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

In my opinion, there is only one way to revive dungeons - crafting revamp
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

And yet another "i want raidgear without raiding thread" -.-
    I think the stats on the gear are perfectly fine, considering that some pieces are the best dungeon gear ingame. And the quest rewards you can get from the new world unchained quest are very nice too.
    Compared to T3.5 gear, the epic pieces of the dragon spine dungeons are nearly as good.
    But because you only need 6 people to do dungeons and 24 for raids the raidgear should always be superior to the dungeon gear.
    And don't say you can do T3.5 with less people. Ofc that's possible, but in most cases you will still need more than 6 people

By the way. T5 gear for most classes isn't that great compared to T4, since they decided to make the armorbuff buyable.

So no need to change any stats.
    Maybe nerf the dungeons to get more people to do them.
    Huntah - Conqueror, Aggrohunter - Guardian, Hundter - Dark Templar, Huntilia - Ranger, Hunthoxia - Herald of Xotli

Quote Originally Posted by aochunter View Post
    And yet another "i want raidgear without raiding thread" -.-
    We can agree to disagree on what the optimal difference between raid and dungeon gear should be. We can also agree to disagree whether raids should without exception be the hardest content in game (in terms of what is demanded from each individual player - obviously it is hard to gather, lead and entertain a group of 24 people). But I don't think there's any need to resort to personal attacks.
    Last edited by Rathothis; 21st January 2016 at 13:00. Reason: Clarification
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Nicely said, Rathothis.
    Short cuts make long delays.

i think we all agree that the best raid gear should be better than the best dungeon gear.
    that said, raid gear has improved quite a bit with t6, and for some classes also with the t5 set bonus, while dungeon gear has remained the same for years. so, to add some spice on it would not be game breaking.

maybe a way to make it interesting again could be to add to dragonspine and unchained gear what it was supposed to have from the beginning: a set bonus. for a example, a less powerful version of the t6 set bonus, maybe not only on the armor, but also on weapons and accessories.

EDIT

another way to make the dungeons interesting, without touching the gear, could be to drop yet another kind of token, that you can use to buy a set bonus similar to the t5 one.
    Last edited by Yawgmoth-VDN; 21st January 2016 at 14:07.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

So you guys just do the dungeons for the drop?
    Looks like you all forgot to play just for the fun factor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast