Thread: Problems with uploading

Default Problems with uploading

Hi guys.

I was wondering is it ok. Yesterday I recorded 30minutes of gameplay in age of conan using ShadowPlay to record all the gameplay in 1080p 30ms. When I finished I decided to upload my video on youtube but when I saw the numbers I was shocked.
    Video has 3gb of size, and total upload time is 900minutes. Is that normal? My internet speed is 10mb/s. Or maybe I am doing something wrong?
    Thanks for the answers.

You need to compress your video to a coding format, eg MP4.

Edit : on 2nd thought, 3Gb sounds about right for a good quality 30min 1080p video. Your upload speed seems to be about 50k/s, which is low but not unreasonable either. So nothing wrong here.
    Last edited by redpooo; 8th February 2016 at 09:38.
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

Quote Originally Posted by Vatoi View Post
    Hi guys.

I was wondering is it ok. Yesterday I recorded 30minutes of gameplay in age of conan using ShadowPlay to record all the gameplay in 1080p 30ms. When I finished I decided to upload my video on youtube but when I saw the numbers I was shocked.
    Video has 3gb of size, and total upload time is 900minutes. Is that normal? My internet speed is 10mb/s. Or maybe I am doing something wrong?
    Thanks for the answers.
    10mb sounds like ADSL speed. So your upload would be 1mb at BEST, it's perfectly normal that it takes ages to upload a 3Gb video. 3Gb is a good number for a high quality 1080p video, you can compress it if you like but it'll quickly start looking blocky especially on scenes with lots of movement. When I was uploading my 1440p videos (4gb size) with my old ADSL line (0.7mb upload) it took me about 14h to upload each video.

This makes it easy to calculate : http://www.download-time.com/
    Last edited by kalston; 8th February 2016 at 12:42.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.