Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Challenger Approaches!

Funcom A New Challenger Approaches!

Greetings! This is GM Odonoptera. Do you have a moment to speak about your peti--

Wait, hold on.

I guess old habits die hard! Hey, everybody--I’m Andy “Odonoptera” Benditt, and I’m equal parts humbled, thrilled, and terrified to have the opportunity to work with Sezmra and Tomium as part of the Community team.

I’ve spoken to many of you in my time as a Game Master, so I’d like to share a few things about myself to help break the ice:

First and foremost, I’ve been working with Funcom since April 2012, and have been involved with online gaming communities since the days of direct-dialing a friend’s modem for a quick 1v1, or hopping on Kali to get my TDM fix on.

I’ve also helped moderate for dedicated server communities in the past, and have been an officer in successful raiding guilds for other titles.

On the side and in the past, I’ve been an assistant director for a local non-profit outfit, dabbled in performance arts, and even rang up Mr. Stephen Colbert himself at one point back during my retail days. I also enjoy drawing and painting through traditional and digital mediums, and I’m frequently out and about in town.

If I run into any local players, please, don’t hurt me!

That’s about all from me, folks. If you have any questions for me, ask away either here or on Twitter: @Odonoptera

I’ll answer what I can

Cheers!
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

Welcome, always been a pleasure to deal with you and other Funcom GMs, unlike what I can say of other titles. Happy to keep hearing that Funcom is hiring/promoting people rather than laying them off as in the past

Welcome welcome

Good to have another face on board in a different capacity, utilizing those years of dealing with us pesky mortals!

Oh, this is great.

Odonoptera have also been harrassed by my stupid petitions and have been awesome to speak with and always solved my issues.

Now Odonoptera, I want your favourite recepie for apple crumble.
    Retired

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Maark View Post
    Oh, this is great.

Odonoptera have also been harrassed by my stupid petitions and have been awesome to speak with and always solved my issues.

Now Odonoptera, I want your favourite recepie for apple crumble.
    I'm glad I could help you in the past I'm not much for baking sweets, although I can work to get you the recipe of my coworkers' apple crumb muffins! I'm serious, too.
    Community Manager

Question

does that mean we loose a capable GM to do the work of others for community stuff?? I hope not

we need more GMs in the game to actually solve the real issues instead more ppl censoring our posts...
    Last edited by TribunLeader; 17th November 2015 at 20:31.

Did we lose a capable GM for a TSW community manager? Seems like a bad deal.

On a serious note, welcome aboard and I hope you'll pay attention to the AoC community.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    I'm glad I could help you in the past I'm not much for baking sweets, although I can work to get you the recipe of my coworkers' apple crumb muffins! I'm serious, too.
    Sounds awesome, look forward to it. Even though I prefer cupcakes over muffins... I think.
    Retired

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    Did we lose a capable GM for a TSW community manager? Seems like a bad deal.

On a serious note, welcome aboard and I hope you'll pay attention to the AoC community.
    I'll actually be working with Sezmra and Tomium across all of our games! Don't you worry. Thank you for the well-wishes!
    Community Manager

Welcome and good luck with you job, because in last year, AoC community looks like harsh one, because we think what Funcom almost forget about us!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast