Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [Video] Temple of Erlik 6 man

The T3.5 nerfs might have been a bit too much, but at least it was successful in getting people away from T3 and Memory Clouds as I see raids advertised quite often lately.

Considering hardly anybody was doing T3.5 until recently, I'd call that a win and good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    The answer to your retoric question is NO.
    Shax is absolutely right...

Now, back to you, Korando. That Calore was an insane weapon of mass destruction in PVP. I think I could hit you once though!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Shax is absolutely right...
    No he isn't. Because he asks the wrong question. The real question is not whether all content should be accessible to casual scrubs. The real question is whether casuals also deserve some bang for their buck.

Bear in mind that FC's limited resources have been focused on adding higher tier raids to keep what remains of the hardcore crowd happy. Which is perfectly fine. But if you do that, the only cheap way to expand the game for casuals (and at the same time, keep the door open for casuals who might want to step up their game at some point) is to nerf lower raid tiers.

That said, it is sad to see the most atmospheric raid instance in the game reduced in such a way. Would have been nice if they had kept the old version.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    That said, it is sad to see the most atmospheric raid instance in the game reduced in such a way. Would have been nice if they had kept the old version.
    The problem with T3.5 is not if it was nerfed but rather how it was nerfed, and that is a big difference that most of the people simply refuse to understand.
    It could have been perfectly casual friendly yet fun and interesting keeping all the mechanics but making them forgiving.

Archfiend:

-Deicide had to stay but with longer cooldown 20 seconds or so.
    -2 quadrants filling with the blood after 50% had to stay.

Zaal:
    Its good as it is.

Bat of Nergal:
    -Parasite stacking should have been up to 6 or 8 with Transposition at 3rd or 4th stack.
    -Dimensional aftershock should have been changed to last through the entire fight, but made more forgiving having to hit the boss every 20 seconds instead.
    -Banished blessing could have stayed and be slightly nerfed.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    The problem with T3.5 is not if it was nerfed but rather how it was nerfed, and that is a big difference that most of the people simply refuse to understand.
    Yes cause your sentence is very hard to understand.. sorry could you translate in Ancient Japanese or Latin, maybe I can get it better..

Assuming instead I understood the meaning of your sentence, my opinion is the same.
    It's just a point of view, and mine is different from yours.
    Point of views can be different, you know?

To be honest I really like Rathosis post above and share his opinion.
    That is the true point.
    Sadly Funcom doesn't have resources to create new content, so in the real world better nerfed content than nothing.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 11th November 2015 at 17:05.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Yes cause your sentence is very hard to understand.. sorry could you translate in Ancient Japanese or Latin, maybe I can get it better..

Assuming instead I understood the meaning of your sentence, my opinion is the same.
    It's just a point of view, and mine is different from yours.
    Point of views can be different, you know?

Ti be honest I really like Rathosis post above and share his opinion.
    That is the true point.
    Sadly Funcom doesn't have resources to create new content, so in the real world better nerfed content than nothing.
    From what I can understand reading both Rathosis point and Redartins, both of them share opinions, that nerfing old content is the right way to go. But it was made in a sloppy way removing basically everything that was interesting with the encounters, a nerf could have been made, but also kept these mechanics.

So what are u on about, if you agree with Rathosis you also agree with Redartin?
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

IMHO nerfed T3.5 what have many raids daily - better when hard T3.5 what no one care about and no one visit

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    From what I can understand reading both Rathosis point and Redartins, both of them share opinions, that nerfing old content is the right way to go. But it was made in a sloppy way removing basically everything that was interesting with the encounters, a nerf could have been made, but also kept these mechanics.

So what are u on about, if you agree with Rathosis you also agree with Redartin?
    I don't care if they nerf content by removing mechanics or by making them more simple to handle.
    There is where I disagree with Red.
    A nerf is a nerf, can be too much or not enough (and T3.5 is indeed an huge nerf), but I care about "how much" more than "how".

For example, in general I prefer a removed mechanic than a mechanic "nerfed" so much to completely loose its sense.
    But that of course is subjective, and depends on what mechanic in what specific fight.
    About Deicide, I'm not a big fan of mechanics which force to change aggro.
    I prefer a boss which forces to change aggro by his damage than by ruins, wracks or other debuffs, when my health is maybe almost 100% HP.
    But again this is very subjective, I'm not saying that every boss sbould be like that, only that I never liked Deicide much.

About Bat, changes proposed by Red would have.. changed pretty much nothing about the difficulty of the fight.
    Maybe I would have changed the fight just by removing the teleport and keeping all the other aspects.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 11th November 2015 at 17:47.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

I don't care if they nerf content by removing mechanics or by making them more simple to handle.
    There is where I disagree with Red.
    A nerf is a nerf, can be too much or not enough (and T3.5 is indeed an huge nerf), but I care about "how much" more than "how".

For example, in general I prefer a removed mechanic than a mechanic "nerfed" so much to completely loose its sense.
    But that of course is subjective, and depends on what mechanic in what specific fight.
    About Deicide, I'm not a big fan of mechanics which force to change aggro.
    I prefer a boss which forces to change aggro by his damage than by ruins, wracks or other debuffs, when my health is maybe almost 100% HP.
    But again this is very subjective, I'm not saying that every boss sbould be like that, only that I never liked Deicide much.
    Having mechanics in a fight, even if they're very easy to handle, is huge for the funfactor, if you hit loot piniatas tank and spank style its gonna be a loss for everyone, especially since the raid-instance is freakin gorgeus. To clarify since you only seem to know Ancient Japanese and Latin. It's not only "veteran" players being annoyed and disapointed about these changes, its alot of newbies who's never been there b4 changes that lost the interest after the first time cause of the lame fights. Just a huge waste of potential.
    Last edited by magnum92; 11th November 2015 at 18:06.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    Having mechanics in a fight, even if they're very easy to handle, is huge for the funfactor, if you hit loot piniatas tank and spank style its gonna be a loss for everyone, especially since the raid-instance is freakin gorgeus. To clarify since you only seem to know Ancient Japanese and Latin. It's not only "veteran" players being annoyed and disapointed about these changes, its alot of newbies who's never been there b4 changes that lost the interest after the first time cause of the lame fights. Just a huge waste of potential.
    Sorry but your text is in English, so you know I'm not sure I got it..

But in case: it's not about veterans or newbies. It's about casual or more dedicated players.
    And most casuals have wellcome those changes.

I have been on monday in Erlik with few guys of a not well known German guild. All quite veterans looking at their gear.
    But they went there for first time and clearly they were all quite casual players (not the types attempting T6) and it was a pleasure to see them killing Archfiend and having some good tries on Zaal.
    And as them, global is filled of T3.5 pugs now.
    Unless players as mad, they are all enjoying this content now, which was forbidden to them before.

But yeah.. I'm wasting time.
    Too hard to understand that something that pleasures most people is better than something that pleasures few people, if you are among those few people..

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast