Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [Video] Temple of Erlik 6 man

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    We've been saying that on TL, no one listened... but whatever I guess. My only complain is that they could't keep the old versions as hard mode with more drops or something.

Sad thing is that T3.5 went from one of the best raids to the most boring one.
    I know. Too bad what Funcom don't have enough money to make different versions for raids and keep old versions. We kill Bat of Nergal today (first time for our guild), they just turn him into LOL. We try it few years ago, and that was very sad

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    Then take forever to get through zaal ,then go t5 hit the vistrix wall and start crying for nerfs cause mechanics and more than 6 people needed to do stuff in an encounter is apparently too hard after 5 tiers of raids woohooo !GREAT SUCCESS!
    I can totally understand that you dedicated raiders feel this raid is hit way to hard by the nerf bat :P Erlik really has a great immersion and it is a raid I have beenwanting to do but not been able to as my raid alliance are dead and we never thought about going there really since focus was on T4 and later T5.

So from a selfish point I think its great that it have been, lets say adjusted, to a more casual level so even scrubs like me have been able to experience the grandure of Temple of Erlik.
    But the changes feels very drastic and I can 100% understand that people who have been there before and completed it before changes feel it is destroyed and oversimplified. Redd's sugestions seems very reasonable and hope they are considered.

Also, thanks to Johara and Tainted Souls for taking me through this place.
    Retired

Nah Maark,i am talking about a different thing...actually i started the nerf discussion and how they are needed when new tiers come out in a different thread before the tl official one...we wanted the nerfs.The problem with Elrik is not that it was nerfed hard but rather how it was done by removal of mechanics instead of making them more easy to deal with.In that sense the gap between the higher tiers and this one became bigger and also some "fun" is removed from the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    Nah Maark,i am talking about a different thing...actually i started the nerf discussion and how they are needed when new tiers come out in a different thread before the tl official one...we wanted the nerfs.The problem with Elrik is not that it was nerfed hard but rather how it was done by removal of mechanics instead of making them more easy to deal with.In that sense the gap between the higher tiers and this one became bigger and also some "fun" is removed from the fights.
    Oh, I'm sorry Shinken. Misunderstood.

And I totally agree with what you are saying. Wish I would have gone there pre-nerf bat so I also got the tough Temple of Erlik experience with all the mechanics. Guess they wont make changes to the fights now even though it shouldn't be to much troubles reinstating some of the mechanics and maybe make them a little bit more forgiving then at launch.
    Retired

They don't remove some mechanic, you just don't need follow it anymore, like bull heads during Archifiend fight. Zaal don't changed, they just nerf his damage. And they just butch poor Bat of Nergal, it turns from dreaded boss what few guilds can kill to living joke.

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    They don't remove some mechanic, you just don't need follow it anymore, like bull heads during Archifiend fight. Zaal don't changed, they just nerf his damage. And they just butch poor Bat of Nergal, it turns from dreaded boss what few guilds can kill to living joke.
    Deicide not there anymore..2nd blood quarter not there anymore...Bat doesn't teleport anymore when parasite hits half required stacks,no need to use heart of tammuz to tank it and to need it if you require an agro switch to take the blessing ,no banished blessing and no recoil hit too ...hmm yes no mechanics removed :P

Well lot of mechanics have been removed fore sure, and this raid was indeed nerfed to the ground.

If it is positive or not anyway this is very subjective.
    It depends if you watch it fron the side of an hardcore or casual player.
    I have been on both sides, enjoyed the original hard version very much (with bugged bat), and first bat kill was probably the greatest PvE satisfaction I had in this game.
    But to be honest now is very relaxing as well to get there and get quick kills and good loot with couple of groups in a friendly relaxed atmosphere far from hours of wipe.

To be honest this nerf was positive for me aswell.
    Anyway I see that hardcore players are still playing this content (you are using it as an "hardmode" content trying to clear it with few players.. waitong for a 4men clear ).
    Before this content was cleared ONLY by hardcore players.
    So why this nerf should be wrong?
    There are still instances only for hardcore players (T5 and T6), so there is just basically more content for everyone now.

You were right Shink in a previous post about the "Vistrix wall" but who cares? Many players will never even have the opportunity or the will to go T5 and wipe there for hours to success.
    Hardcore mentality sometimes let to think that everyone would like to be/do like that.
    There are many players (most of players tbh) who just want to have some fun.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 9th November 2015 at 18:28.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

And yet again i am not against how hard it was nerfed but the way it was done...seems people don't get the difference....

About Vistrix wall... Should every player have a "right" to do every encounter with guaranteed success regardless of skill and gear level? Would someone enter the national championships of a sport without practicing and getting good at it first? Hard encounters are for players that appreciate just that. The game needs challenges.

About Erlik, I'm not saying Erlik was fine the way it was, it needed adjustments to trigger a renewed interest to the raid. However, I feel that the place lost it's charm now that it is a piñata more than anything. Nerfs are fine in terms of achievements, and for purposes of completing quests. But I don't think anyone that did T3.5 pre-nerf feel that it is a challenge anymore. Whats the point of PvE if every encounter feels like a world boss?

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    About Vistrix wall... Should every player have a "right" to do every encounter with guaranteed success regardless of skill and gear level? Would someone enter the national championships of a sport without practicing and getting good at it first? Hard encounters are for players that appreciate just that. The game needs challenges.

The answer to your retoric question is NO.
    But the point is that many don't even want to go Vistrix, since they are not willing to put the kind of effort needed to farm it.
    But that doesn't mean that the same people, if they pay and like the game, should not have other raid tiers which they can play in game.
    We are talking about 6 tiers raid.
    You want 4 tiers for hardcore and 2 for casuals?
    The opposite (2 + 4) seems much better to me for game's health.
    And T1 and T2, and even almost T3, are pretty much not even for casuals, just "obsolete", considering loot drop (you can obtain the same for the true loot pinata which is World Boss) and other stuff.
    So T3.5 and T4 are the new T1 and T2.. seems very ok to me to be honest.

Anyway your post is fun But I know you are an alpha male, so I guess I should not expect anything different from you :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    About Erlik, I'm not saying Erlik was fine the way it was, it needed adjustments to trigger a renewed interest to the raid. However, I feel that the place lost it's charm now that it is a piñata more than anything. Nerfs are fine in terms of achievements, and for purposes of completing quests.
    But I don't think anyone that did T3.5 pre-nerf feel that it is a challenge anymore. Whats the point of PvE if every encounter feels like a world boss?
    I have cleared all bosses back in 2011 (maybe bat was 2012, I don't remember) and I'm farming it now for fun with 2 groups every week, and for me it is fine as it is now.
    Because I have become a casual player and like to clear it as it is now.
    Is it a challenge? No.
    Do I want everything in game to be a challenge? No.

To be honest the only challenge for me in game should be linked to PvP, and I'm not talking to random minigames crap.
    Funcom should implement a serious Tournament Mode and push people to form premade PvP groups and fight.
    But this is very personal point of view indeed, very very subjective and of course wrong for many, so feel free to cover me of crap comments as you will do
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 9th November 2015 at 19:30.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast