Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition for Buddy Queue Mini's

Edit by Anzu: You know better than to comment that

about subject - well i clearly can see pros at this idea - it was mentioned many times by many, and it was even put simply as - do as it and we will come back, i will bring my friends back, we will start play again etc - but imo it isnt so simple - imo what should be done is just add another que or delete tournament one, than replace it with such a one as there are ideas here and let total random pug one be in game still, or do smth but do it for pvp - t4/new minigame etc ;D
    Last edited by Anzu; 4th November 2015 at 21:17.
    Your Slam critically slashes Lozig for 2813.

Again: in forum pvp, I always win. Please abide by the Social Guidelines and Forum Rules. And don't forget: dura lex, sed lex.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by iCannon View Post
    players like yourself tossing out these garbage opinions and views yet you barely even PVP.
    And you know me and all my alts do you?
    Edit by Anzu: This is not needed.
    Last edited by Anzu; 4th November 2015 at 22:50.
    Khemi. Picture Hell on the cheap then add more whores

Quote Originally Posted by -Blash- View Post
    Imho in a current state of game, pvp can not be worse... so FC should just bring back again good ideas which already were implemented in game, admitting that the changes weren't so good.

- huge gear&AA gap for beginners - solution: increase pvp xp&AA gain rate
    - no serious goals in pvp for old players - solutions: a. add more skins to pvp gear maybe (all skins FC already have from pve - just assign the same stats as t3 pvp) b. new pvp fatality animations for each class to gain for pvp tokens (ye... it's just a dream, I know)
    - senseless solutions such as bori - pvp which means player vs rocks and trees - solution: delete that broken game content, it's a shame it is still in a game
    - no serious goals and competitiveness for guilds in pvp - solution: just enable "war/sieges win and loss stat" - that simple counter will give for some of guilds a goal to be no.1 in sieges on a specific server
    - we can't play mini games with friends - solution: let us do that again, FC you have nothing to loose rly
    - no fresh blood aka new players - solution: maybe a little marketing activity? Apart from newsletter and monthly dev letter there is a silence. You can't get more money without investing in marketing. Game launch was 7-8 years ago? You have completely new player base of freshly grown up players who haven't heard about AoC at all.

A this moment there is NO dark fantasy pvp game worth playing and no interesting title on the horizon - FC still has a chance to attract some attention... but I feel like even FC doesn't believe in their own product
    Man, most of this is tied to the cash shop already which is the first priority of funcom when it comes to pvp progression, maxed characters who want to group up in pug mini queue is the last of their interest.

Don't like to level? buy instant 80 character.
    Don't like to jump in minigame with blue gear? Buy cache of t1 pvp armor with t2 accessories.
    Need AA to lessen the power gap vs characters that pve? Buy 8 expertise pts jars everyday.
    Want faster pvp xp progression? buy the two pvp xp rings. Buy x10 immunity for more chance at minigame win streak pvp xp rewards.
    Paying a sub and don't have self esteem? Ok, buy and use third party programs at your heart's content.

Revamping the tournament queue into something more corresponding to the currently limited playerbase while remaining competitive aka premade sign-up with 1 or more guildmates, friends, for the more competitive players should be a good middle ground. You will have more people supporting the petition that way but considering funcom priorities, it will take a while before they do (if they do) anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    Thing is, I do not need help to farm anyone in this game, game is supposed to be: fun, competitive, team playing, and you certainly should be allowed to play with your friends, but this game is everything else than fun or about team play, the mini games are pure toxic, always, ALWAYS one guy go afk, one guy has no clue how to check map, one guy is selfish, one guy rage at rest of team "WTF U DOING, "i'mMad has left the match"", sit at spawn and wait till they farm u for 20m or score. or then there is someone just trolling and feeding enemy team for lols.
    Mate I know what you are talking about and I understand your feelings.
    But the only way to completely avoid these people to play in minigames you join is to completely remove the random factor in minigames.
    Only if you know both people you play with and you play against you can be sure that you will get no mad, troll, afker etc in your minigame.
    And the only way for this is to use Tournament mode.

Having all these players bunched up in the enemy group will not make fights better.
    The enemy group will be left in 2-3, no fight at all will happen or you will just faceroll the 2-3 guys that will keep fighting, as in the worst random minigames.

And even more players will stop signing minigames and population will become lower and lower (if possible).

It's not that makes me happy to have Edit by Anzu: No names. in the enemy group.
    I don't like to play in 5 as well as I don't like to play vs 5.
    But there is no way I can be 100% sure to avoid Edit by Anzu: No names, remember?, if not by signing a premade with 2 groups where I know before start that he is not present.
    Last edited by Anzu; 4th November 2015 at 23:18.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Lleilwin View Post
    Edit by Anzu: This is not needed.
    Needed, no. Still a motto to stick to for me, though Especially when targeted by rather groundless personal attacks
    Khemi. Picture Hell on the cheap then add more whores

Something I would like is Funcom to allow 3 vs 3 Tournament Mode, eventually in new special maps (something like an arena would be good enough).

That would be easier to fill than a 6 vs 6 premade setup, and you could finally enjoy some true challenging fight with friends.

But I doubt we will ever see some new PvP content.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    Something I would like is Funcom to allow 3 vs 3 Tournament Mode, eventually in new special maps (something like an arena would be good enough).

That would be easier to fill than a 6 vs 6 premade setup, and you could finally enjoy some true challenging fight with friends.

But I doubt we will ever see some new PvP content.
    I guess the 2008-2011 era of pvp is really over. These new players really have no idea of getting friends together and challenging other guilds teams just for the benefit if winning. Rewards didn't matter because the PvP and global PvP was more reward than anyone needed. Guild vs guild premades lead to drama, lead to world PvP, lead to alliances, which lead to non stop sieges. All of this with only the server and playfeild as content, PvP made its own content, and premades were a big part of that.

Now, being in a guild does not matter. It's only an extra chat box. You can't PvP with your friends for the most pat in normal minis, you have to set up a raid calender to organise 3 or 4 premades, and BK buffs are next to useless, and so is owning one. Even 3v3 would do wonders for creating rivalry and drama, which creates PvP itself.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I guess the 2008-2011 era of pvp is really over. These new players really have no idea of getting friends together and challenging other guilds teams just for the benefit if winning. Rewards didn't matter because the PvP and global PvP was more reward than anyone needed. Guild vs guild premades lead to drama, lead to world PvP, lead to alliances, which lead to non stop sieges. All of this with only the server and playfeild as content, PvP made its own content, and premades were a big part of that.

Now, being in a guild does not matter. It's only an extra chat box. You can't PvP with your friends for the most pat in normal minis, you have to set up a raid calender to organise 3 or 4 premades, and BK buffs are next to useless, and so is owning one. Even 3v3 would do wonders for creating rivalry and drama, which creates PvP itself.
    It's done because the developers cater to care bears. The original team at Funcom was hardcore and wanted PVP to be the drive of the game. As soon as Silirrion took over, the direction went to full on PVE and that has been the direction ever since. Edit by Anzu: I thought I was clear enough the first time. Moderation is not to be discussed on the forums. Funcom is so liberal care bear and politically correct now that it's actually self inflicted and they don't even realize it.
    Last edited by Anzu; 5th November 2015 at 02:52.

Quote Originally Posted by iCannon View Post
    The original team at Funcom was hardcore and wanted PVP to be the drive of the game.
    It has been said a number of times already. The original focus of the game was PVE.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast