Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition for Buddy Queue Mini's

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Hello all,

I have made this thread as an organized forum to voice our opinions about signing up for a minigame with 1-2 group members. This change would allow people to play PVP with their Friends and Guildmates. To sign the petition either comment with +1 or /Signed or PM me. I will update the list as needed.

1. Usedtissue
    2. Nightshadow
    3. Cropt
    4. Suctum Page 1, Post #2
    5. Icannon Page 1 Post #1
    6. Unutterable Page 1 Post #4
    7. Patoson Page 1 Post #5
    8. Nattok Page 2 Post #12
    9. Derled Page 6 Post #54
    10. –Blash- Page 6 Post #58
    11. EmSi86 Page 7 Post #61
    12. Zeuss Page 9 Post #82
    13. Rathothis Page 9 #83
    14. –Tomhet- Page 10 #93
    15. Jerrohn (Personal PM received 12/15/15)
    16. Sarcopthes Page 10 #96
    17. Pimmz Page 10 #97
    18. Finnius1 Page 11 #106
    19. Khramps Page 11 #109
    20. Geldour (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...ends-again-yet) Post #1
    21. Spreadicus (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...tion-Minigames) Post #1
    22. Sloejinn Post #119
    23. Kelnin (Personal PM recieved 12/18/15)
    24. Willd Page 13 Post #127
    +1 from me aswell.
    At the point game is now, anything that can add some challenge is wellcome, even if it can cause some players to leave.
    Current minigames are total boredom, and in any case waves of new players are next to null.
    At least veterans will have something "new".
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

I think Rathothis hit the nail on the head. We just don't have the population to have 3 separate ques. For god sakes, we don't even have the population to fill one que at times. Adding an additional buddy sign-up que would only split the already way too small PVP community. In addition the extra interface options needed for three ques would make an otherwise easy coding change a lot more work on FC's behalf. Again it is just not feasible to add a third que.

Let me break-down my idea and why it is the right way forward:

What's the problem? The problem is that we cannot play with friends in a social online game. Not being able to sign-up with friends/guildies leaves there no reason to play with friends or be in a guild minus T3 BK buffs.

What is my solution? Let sign up with 1-2 friends. The only reason why the que didn't work in the old days is one full team of six could sign-up and completely destroy a regular PUG team. This solution has all of the positives, with none of the negatives (No chance of complete PUG stomping, nor the high coding cost of adding three ques). Some of the best and most experienced PVPers are on the petition for good reason.

Id love to put your name down on the list, we just have to realize that adding another que is never going to happen or be beneficial in the age where ques are empty the majority of the time.

Done! Great to see you still around man
    Likewise m8☺
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

Hi guys,

Plz tell me why you don't come to a PvP Festival?

It is a good content for a groups of friends and a challenge which you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Aett View Post
    Hi guys,

Most of us do the Festival. However, there us usually no one to fight. When there is, it's almost always a zerg where one side comes out with less than a group and the other side brings more and more until it's nearly 1:2 or 1:3 odds. If the better side brings more than a group they get accused of zerging, even if they have considerably less than the opposing side, at which the not so skilled side either gets more or gives up. If the better side ever brings equal numbers, the opposing side gives up after a few wipes but hardly fights it out.

If the lower skilled side persuade the better side to leave by numbers alone, then they still accomplish next to nothing as they have a raid in zone where only 6 people will benefit from winning most of the events. So unless they volunteer the other half of their raid to lose or take turns doing so, they are out there for nothing. So it's basically Bori 2.0 when played like trash.

If people actually just make 6 man groups and fight it out even numbers over multiple sides the PvP itself can be fun. But world PvP was never the topic of this thread as the event is only once a month, minis are 24-7 all year long.
    Doomsayer 2008

Here's to illustrate how much help the pure PUG signup queue is:

Last night I played 4 minis. In those 4 minis, I had a total of 1 soldier in my groups. All of my groups had 3 ranged toons or more. Needless to say, none of these groups had any teamplay whatsoever (but a good amount of QQ in group chat). Also needless to say, all of these 4 minis were stomp games for the other group.

Now my question to those who claim that the PUG signup queue is casual-friendly is this: How does this help anyone? How would a buddy signup queue make it any worse? I'm looking forward to your replies
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Usedtissue

Please add me to the list.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    Here's to illustrate how much help the pure PUG signup queue is:

Last night I played 4 minis. In those 4 minis, I had a total of 1 soldier in my groups. All of my groups had 3 ranged toons or more. Needless to say, none of these groups had any teamplay whatsoever (but a good amount of QQ in group chat). Also needless to say, all of these 4 minis were stomp games for the other group.

Now my question to those who claim that the PUG signup queue is casual-friendly is this: How does this help anyone? How would a buddy signup queue make it any worse? I'm looking forward to your replies
    I completely agree mate. I still cannot find a single valid argument against the buddy system que. Also people seem to forget that the buddy system que was already in-game, years ago. There is a reason some of the most talented and best PVP players are on the petition list. We simply know PVP and know what PVP needs these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Aett View Post

Because the PVP festival is one week a month where we don't get to pick when it happens. Basically I'm not going to change up my real life schedule to hit other men/woman with swords online. This topic is about minigames, which you can play at your convenience all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    +1 from me aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maark View Post
    Please add me to the list.
    Done! Thanks.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

X-list
    /6 char
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Okay guys here is the message I have sent in. Hopefully we'll hear something back.

"Hello,

My name is Will (Real life name is actually not usedtissue believe it or not hehe) and I started a petition a few days ago. The petition is there to voice our opinions about an option that was removed from the game during Craig Morrison's administration. I have below 26 people and paying customers that signed the petition to add a 1-2 person group sign-up option for minigames. This would mean that I could invite a friend into my group, and then que up for a PVP minigame. I would then be able to join this minigame with my friend on the same team as me.

There's several reasons why this addition is a no brainer including:
    1. Would allow players to play with their friends and guildmates
    2. Would increase team play and communication within PUG minigames with increased communication
    3. Allows new players to join a minigame with a mentor which would make the harsh entry into PVP much easier
    4. Gives a reason for players to be more social, form friend groups, and join guilds
    5. Easy implementation with coding already in-game (Tournament mode and Previous Minigames)

Seems like a home run right? Mostly, but there is one concern which I will address...

1. Players could make the minigame imbalanced by joining with good players.

So far this is the only viable counter-argument to what I am lobbying. As a six year old PVP veteran with lot's of competitive gaming experience and I have actually written the AOC PVP guide that is stickied here, I can tell you that this concern is remedied by only allowing 2-3 players per group to join together. This means that the minigame balancing system will still play a role in choosing the rest of the team-members, and ensuring there can be no full "Premade" 6 man team.

Here is the petition: (I can provide the personal messages as a source if asked)

1. Usedtissue
    2. Nightshadow
    3. Cropt
    4. Suctum Page 1, Post #2
    5. Icannon Page 1 Post #1
    6. Unutterable Page 1 Post #4
    7. Patoson Page 1 Post #5
    8. Nattok Page 2 Post #12
    9. Derled Page 6 Post #54
    10. –Blash- Page 6 Post #58
    11. EmSi86 Page 7 Post #61
    12. Zeuss Page 9 Post #82
    13. Rathothis Page 9 #83
    14. –Tomhet- Page 10 #93
    15. Jerrohn (Personal PM received 12/15/15)
    16. Sarcopthes Page 10 #96
    17. Pimmz Page 10 #97
    18. Finnius1 Page 11 #106
    19. Khramps Page 11 #109
    20. Geldour (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...ends-again-yet) Post #1
    21. Spreadicus (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...tion-Minigames) Post #1
    22. Sloejinn Post #119
    23. Kelnin (Personal PM recieved 12/18/15)
    24. Willd Page 13 Post #127
    25. Korando-AoC Page 14Post #131
    26. Maark Page 14 Post #136

Thanks for your time and if you have any others questions feel free to ask.

Happy Holidays,

-Will
    "

Please keep sending in your names and I will continue to update the list.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

I think Rathothis hit the nail on the head. We just don't have the population to have 3 separate ques. For god sakes, we don't even have the population to fill one que at times. Adding an additional buddy sign-up que would only split the already way too small PVP community. In addition the extra interface options needed for three ques would make an otherwise easy coding change a lot more work on FC's behalf. Again it is just not feasible to add a third que.

Let me break-down my idea and why it is the right way forward:

What's the problem? The problem is that we cannot play with friends in a social online game. Not being able to sign-up with friends/guildies leaves there no reason to play with friends or be in a guild minus T3 BK buffs.

What is my solution? Let sign up with 1-2 friends. The only reason why the que didn't work in the old days is one full team of six could sign-up and completely destroy a regular PUG team. This solution has all of the positives, with none of the negatives (No chance of complete PUG stomping, nor the high coding cost of adding three ques). Some of the best and most experienced PVPers are on the petition for good reason.

Id love to put your name down on the list, we just have to realize that adding another que is never going to happen or be beneficial in the age where ques are empty the majority of the time.

Done! Great to see you still around man
    I am not convinced by the "population divided" argument, because you may divide population, but you also get more people who would sign in total most likely (same flawed argument that is used against the chooseable pvp/pve rule option instances). It is like a self-fullfilling prophecy until you do the maths. Also I do not see funcom fixing the tournament queue any time soon and a buddy queue would be more reasonably fitting replacing that queue (more esports, more player control) than the pug queue.
    Why tamper with a system (actually the only working mini system we have now!) that works, when you have a redundant one that does NOT work? You can always go to a pure buddy queue system later, when the system is really as good as you make it seem. No one would loose anything...