Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition for Buddy Queue Mini's

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsing View Post
    There is no need for exposure.
    What happens when buddies sign up together for pvp?
    I tell you what happens every pvp-festival week:
    A group of 6 ppl gank every player that enters the pvp area without giving any chance to get prepared for pvp, without any chance to get quests from npc. So players leave the battlefield and still there is only a 6 men group ganking all entering players.
    That's easily solved by forming a group before entering Border Kingdoms to be prepared for that other group.

By the way, it's Patoson, not Patosen, Usedtissue.

Quote Originally Posted by Patoson View Post
    That's easily solved by forming a group before entering Border Kingdoms to be prepared for that other group.

You can't form a group when there are no other players willing to go pvp event.

Your friends list must suck then...I have no issue finding 6 within moments regardless of who is on in guild or not.
    Doomsayer 2008

You're talking like we are asking for 6-man premade ques... We just want 1-2 person ques. No pug stomping. Just the ability to play with your friends. My friend laughed when he rolled a Barb on Fury and I told him there was no physical way we could be on the same team every-time. No other MMO does that.

Quote Originally Posted by Patoson View Post

Hehe fixed Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloejinn View Post
    +1 to dat list
    Done. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    @usedtissue:
    Looking at the list, you seemed to have missed or misread my posts.
    You can add my +1 for the tournament queue replacement, since it is not working properly anyway or towards the option in addition. No need to touch the pug signups though, imo.
    Well I tried to keep any/all of my subjective views out of it, so I only choose people that said explicitly that they support 1-2 buddy sign-ups. If we can convince you that pug sign-ups need updated then I'll put you on the list, but until then I'm just going to keep it for people that support 1-2 buddy sign-ups.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Your friends list must suck then...I have no issue finding 6 within moments regardless of who is on in guild or not.
    If you can actually do as you claim, you probably are one of the 6ppl dominating and benefiting. Even if you can find 6ppl to form an attack, the design is not encouraging them to keep a fight going when it comes to most quests (except the arenas maybe, but even there the max number applies).

@usedtissue:
    Have it your way then. I think adding 1-2 ppl buddy signup to a new queue or replacing tournament queue with a 1-2+ buddy queue signup sounds like a +1 to the OP post to me. What you now say sounds more like you do not want a buddy signup mainly, but to get rid of current pug queue (which imo is not necessary and counterproductive, if you really wanted a buddy queue). Right now pug queue works more or less, but tournament queue is broken definitely.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 18th December 2015 at 16:04.

@usedtissue:
    Have it your way then. I think adding 1-2 ppl buddy signup to a new queue or replacing tournament queue with a 1-2+ buddy queue signup sounds like a +1 to the OP post to me. What you now say sounds more like you do not want a buddy signup mainly, but to get rid of current pug queue (which imo is not necessary and counterproductive, if you really wanted a buddy queue). Right now pug queue works more or less, but tournament queue is broken definitely.
    The main reason to replace the PUG queue, rather than tournament mode, is that keeping separate "pure PUG" and "buddy + PUG" queues will split an already small (and still shrinking) PvP population.

Also, the pure PUG queue does not really provide any added value over a "buddy + PUG" queue. By contrast, tournament mode offers some added value, as (at least in theory) it allows for optimized, competitive team matches, which a queue limiting buddy signups to groups of 2 does not offer. Sure it's not used a lot - but at least it provides the option e.g. for people to organize pvp tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by Khramps View Post
    I was really looking forward to queing up with a pvp lvl 2 healbot too
    I offer to roll a PoM and will even click & keyboard turn for free.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Hello all,

I have made this thread as an organized forum to voice our opinions about signing up for a minigame with 1-2 group members. This change would allow people to play PVP with their Friends and Guildmates. To sign the petition either comment with +1 or /Signed or PM me. I will update the list as needed.

1. Usedtissue
    2. Nightshadow
    3. Cropt
    4. Suctum Page 1, Post #2
    5. Icannon Page 1 Post #1
    6. Unutterable Page 1 Post #4
    7. Patoson Page 1 Post #5
    8. Nattok Page 2 Post #12
    9. Derled Page 6 Post #54
    10. –Blash- Page 6 Post #58
    11. EmSi86 Page 7 Post #61
    12. Zeuss Page 9 Post #82
    13. Rathothis Page 9 #83
    14. –Tomhet- Page 10 #93
    15. Jerrohn (Personal PM received 12/15/15)
    16. Sarcopthes Page 10 #96
    17. Pimmz Page 10 #97
    18. Finnius1 Page 11 #106
    19. Khramps Page 11 #109
    20. Geldour (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...ends-again-yet) Post #1
    21. Spreadicus (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...tion-Minigames) Post #1
    22. Sloejinn Post #119
    23. Kelnin (Personal PM recieved 12/18/15)
    From me i vote☺
    +1
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

@usedtissue:
    I think Rathothis hit the nail on the head. We just don't have the population to have 3 separate ques. For god sakes, we don't even have the population to fill one que at times. Adding an additional buddy sign-up que would only split the already way too small PVP community. In addition the extra interface options needed for three ques would make an otherwise easy coding change a lot more work on FC's behalf. Again it is just not feasible to add a third que.

Let me break-down my idea and why it is the right way forward:

What's the problem? The problem is that we cannot play with friends in a social online game. Not being able to sign-up with friends/guildies leaves there no reason to play with friends or be in a guild minus T3 BK buffs.

What is my solution? Let sign up with 1-2 friends. The only reason why the que didn't work in the old days is one full team of six could sign-up and completely destroy a regular PUG team. This solution has all of the positives, with none of the negatives (No chance of complete PUG stomping, nor the high coding cost of adding three ques). Some of the best and most experienced PVPers are on the petition for good reason.

Id love to put your name down on the list, we just have to realize that adding another que is never going to happen or be beneficial in the age where ques are empty the majority of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Willd View Post
    From me i vote☺
    +1
    Done! Great to see you still around man
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    for years I do not know what is the point even being in guild in aoc, reason I been jumping from guild to guild lol, does not matter or affect on anything, people are in guild just for pots or bk buffs, friend list in aoc means that you put your enemies there so u know when they are online and you can go gank them when they try to do pve lol (or sign same mini as they do, and hope u go different team ^^ )
    this 100%

why be in a guild when i can group with someone, hence why I'm in a dead guild on fury and a PvE guild on Crom(I don't do any PvE unless i can afk the whole thing)

aight well here is my 2 cents on buddy ques

first cent

--there is still no 'kills only' minigame. (there is the role a conq, grab a flag, sit on a pad minigame mode *yawn*)
    --minis are disbalanced gear wise, AA wise
    --hags are gey

second cent

my prob is the half-*ss measures with FC, everything in aoc PvP related has not been polished or thought through

As it stands, for me to bring a RL buddy to the game and to start PvPing with, he needs to do the following to be competitive(not at par) with the vets of this game:

--grind 80 levels in a dead and barren world (and for most part dead player chat, freebies don't see global)
    --grind an alt on a free account
    --run package quests and alt farm 40 kills every 8h for a couple months and;
    --during PvP festival log on during the wee hours of the night and beg for a spot in the fields of slaughter group, tell them that you will dual log an alt to farm to complete all the arena quests
    --after some 2 or 3 months you have pvp t1 gear plus a couple t3 pieces

after 3 months and a 100 odd$ wasted of your life you are slightly competitive. tons of remaining weaknesses but heh. (i don't have a single RL buddy, work mate, or family member that is that ret*rded)

and now we know why the newcomers on our servers are challeneged

conclusion:

buddy que's doesn't solve the problem with AoC. Hence, I won't be any happier with AoC.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast