Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition for Buddy Queue Mini's

Changing the mini-game rules made sense at the time. Mini-games were the only way to gain PvP XP at a decent rate. Even with Bori, if you weren't among the few guilds trusting it, it would have been extremely tedious to gain PvP levels and gear just had become crucial.
    Today PvP xp is much faster to gain and you have several options. Daily quests, Festival of blood, Bori and minis. Most of which can be pugged.

Personnaly i've found it frustrating not to be able to play with newcomers willing to learn. It's much easier to progress when you've got someone experienced (or several) giving you hand, dedicated to helping you. Makes losing much more bareable in my opinion and you're not just waiting for an other mini to have more luck with the random people you were asigned. Getting better actually increases drasticly your chances of victory. Today... it doesn't mean much.

I believe it's much better for player retention to have the opportunity to play in groupes (full or partial) rather than have as only option souless pugs. At the very least if it doesn't provide better pvp quality it helps the social aspect of the game. Something that has been dearly lacking these past years.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    Changing the mini-game rules made sense at the time. Mini-games were the only way to gain PvP XP at a decent rate. Even with Bori, if you weren't among the few guilds trusting it, it would have been extremely tedious to gain PvP levels and gear just had become crucial.
    Today PvP xp is much faster to gain and you have several options. Daily quests, Festival of blood, Bori and minis. Most of which can be pugged.

Personnaly i've found it frustrating not to be able to play with newcomers willing to learn. It's much easier to progress when you've got someone experienced (or several) giving you hand, dedicated to helping you. Makes losing much more bareable in my opinion and you're not just waiting for an other mini to have more luck with the random people you were asigned. Getting better actually increases drasticly your chances of victory. Today... it doesn't mean much.

I believe it's much better for player retention to have the opportunity to play in groupes (full or partial) rather than have as only option souless pugs. At the very least if it doesn't provide better pvp quality it helps the social aspect of the game. Something that has been dearly lacking these past years.
    It is also more motivating, if you are asked decently by guildmates or friends to join for a game (and then get killed a lot) than going to a pug where the "pros" start insulting immediately (and you get killed a lot). Guess which scenario breed people who say "f-this, i am out"...

Had the nopremade pug actually changed something of the poisonous attitude of "pros" against what they consider noobs, it would have been worthwhile. Also, if the quality had improved...but since the algorithm did only partially work, the mechanics of pvp did not change and they added the resspadfarmpatch soon after...i am not sure it had achieved the intended goal.

that Edit by Anzu: Person that I don't like who lead the game who changed minigames cue is to blame for the downfall of pvp servers.

facts are blatant
    .before pvp6/10 was introduced pvp minigames werent pvp rewarding at all you would get faster pvp xp by doing world pvp alone ganking or with guildies in the massive squirmishs in keshatta.
    .minigames was mostly a guild event where you grouped up with guildies or friends competing against same servers oposition wich is only natural way for minigames to work given they are team driven and not soloplay in anyway
    .solo players joining minigames got invited into ongoing small teams and encouraged to join ts/vent to coordinate better, often leading to friendships and guild invites
    .mostly minigames consisted of endless hallowed vaults runs other maps were hardly used
    .sieges despite broken was massive server events ralying up multi guilds to make alliances to protect each others keeps and fight other alliances

i played like 2 years my ranger with actual combos at the time having fun in aquilonia rp pvp server and was great pvp times i could log in any time and there would be friend inviting me for groups for minigames every odd week sieges and every single day big open world fights sometimes just starting with a guildie or friend getting ganked while trying to enter a pve instance.

then mr soillirion destroyed everything.

he added new pvp lvls with unbalanced gear at that point in time.

he added aas wich brought massve imbalance in pvp especialy for casual players, first week of kithai people were exploiting dungeons some going mental hardcore spending nights without sleep getting all major aas they needed for pvp in that first week exploiting bugs like killing first boss in palace and dying over and over for the aa xp using potions...

so after 2 weeks there were literaly people with half aa tree having all the good ones granting them insain godmode vs non exploiters and casual players

to add to that most veteran players dinged pvp6 or even 8 as soon as new pvp lvls were added so after first month of bori and bugged kithai there were already pvp10 guys with half aa tree, fortunatly most of those farmer Edit by Anzu: Players that I dislike quited game in 3 months or less out of sheer boredom of game wich had been Edit by Anzu: Made less amusing for me and dumbed down to gear aas ubermode.

so first 3 months or so of bori was actualy very fun great fights lots of people fighting over nodes and ganking realy great stuff i honestly loved it lots of great evenings fighting and ganking.
    but soon enough all the fury big boys transfered over to farm easier in smaller servers, soon enough a huge Edit by Anzu: Not-to-my-taste guild alliance was formed to spend whole day farming for easy aas and pvp xp we had a few superstars getting pvp10 with less then 1000 kills or deaths...just so you understand this back then usualy toke around 8/9k kills to reach pvp5 all of wich done in pure pvp not the Edit by Anzu: People I despise we got today lol.
    meanwhile with bori also came the need to farm minigames suddenly all maps started to get played wich isnt that exciting considering only hallowed vaults was popular we had to start farming minigames for tokens for the gear we were forced to have to be competitive so it was chore...
    ofc big guild alliances grouped up and very friendly did same map together avoiding fights for tokens.

by this time due to people being forced to farm minigames for token americans cried continuously about premades farming pugs wich is why alongside facts above mr soillirion hit again another nail in pvp coffin.
    he said yes sir you Edit by Anzu: People I definitely don't like are right you Edit by Anzu: Men I feel contempt for need to be able to solopay group content to fully enjoy farming minigames for the tokens to get gear to be able to pvp...no more of that nonsense of groups grouping up to do group pvp content goddamn here you go guys enjoy those minigames without being able to play with any guildies or friends yuppycay.

obviously with this move there is no longer any reason to be in a guild for pvp, world pvp at that time started to die due to forced need to farm bori and minigames for pvp gear, sieges remained broken and as guilds died off due to this minigame Edit by Anzu: Setup I can't stand so ended every reason to be in a guild for pvp.

all the above are the facts behind the death of pvp offered to you by soillirions hands i applauded when he left he should have never been in charge of pvp all his farming mentality suits fine pve but its utterly corrosive in pvp he annihilated the aoc i played first 2 years in wich i did like 1 or 2 raids total and spent my time chasing kyllikki raiders rather then joining them lol.

this recipe of forcing group pvp to be solo pvp only debased pvp experience in aoc, so many players nowadays think themselves divine with insainly good k/d farming pug minigames where most players are anti teamplay just farm easy victms focus k/d rather then competing to win following objectives, things are utterly random you have half team fighting to get flag or cap 1 superstar chasing a pvp0 or 1 farming him perpetualy on rezpad other 2 doing whatever or afk crashed chatting with them is hard new players or f2p with no way to send you tells back...
    no point teaching them you cant group with them next minigame.
    playing with guildies futile in minigames your always on oposite teams rarely end up same side its pure solo play.

its great that you added open world pvp content despite not agreeing with some of the mechanics mostly the solo team events are pointless apart from head hunting solo objectives.
    minigames are group pvp content you should be free to team up as you see fit with anyone ypou wish or join as solo to ongoing minigroups of 2/3 players back in the day you would end up joining one of those teams to fight ongoing guild premades wich were beatable with pugs despite all the Edit by Anzu: Players I disagree with saying otherwise, and was a good feeling to beat a guilds best premade with your buddies and a couple server randoms was wicked awesome.

right now in current state of game it is utterly pointless to bring back old minigame cue without offering pvp solo content in form of solo arenas or 2/3 vs 2/3 arenas would simply wreak havok in current day anti teamplayers in minigames.
    its sad but true.
    Last edited by Anzu; 7th November 2015 at 00:39.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Edit by Anzu: Really, you should not do that.
    Last edited by Anzu; 7th November 2015 at 02:19.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

History lesson aside, did you sign the petition?
    Khemi. Picture Hell on the cheap then add more whores

/signed to increase availability of oragnized minis (introduce rewards for premades?)
    Sarcopthes- main, retired barb
    Rugewit - young beast, bs

/signed because minigames cant be worse.

For me its easy. Minigames needs to be as it is for the good and bad elements, try and help this noobs here. Playing with friends is for the open world events and very fun, but its here is the problems start. Its UNPLAYABLE. Take away the raid function keep it at 6 mans group if you do maybe it will work better and we can skip this unbalanced race that most players win every time. And most inportant you (FC ) start to make factions and guilds element relevant, small population is not big maps and wasting half a day to find the ways. It must be more easy to start with. Conalls is a pain in travel and unbalanced groupnumbers it makes you sick and wanna quit playing, you have to make this events better.
    To bad that the guildelements is gone in the game it should be the main thing.

Quote Originally Posted by poke101 View Post
    For me its easy. Minigames needs to be as it is for the good and bad elements, try and help this noobs here. Playing with friends is for the open world events and very fun, but its here is the problems start. Its UNPLAYABLE. Take away the raid function keep it at 6 mans group if you do maybe it will work better and we can skip this unbalanced race that most players win every time. And most inportant you (FC ) start to make factions and guilds element relevant, small population is not big maps and wasting half a day to find the ways. It must be more easy to start with. Conalls is a pain in travel and unbalanced groupnumbers it makes you sick and wanna quit playing, you have to make this events better.
    To bad that the guildelements is gone in the game it should be the main thing.
    World PvP works fine. Sound like your problem is that you belong to a group who cannot field effective numbers to win. I belong to one of the largest guilds, and we often times fight outnumbered to keep the odds even. Only when the other side raids up and has a significant advantage do we do the same. Most of the larger guildds do the same, and tbh during the events it seems most of the players doing it go against us, so I am not really seeing an issue with open world, you just have the wrong friends fir being successful.
    Doomsayer 2008

Yeah we all want a couple of sins on "crack" for friend everytime something goes wrong in open world suctum. ^^

If minigame was rendered less primordial for progression like before then queue also could be back like before it's the center of the problem. but as in nowadays revamp tournament queue cost nothing, delivering craft revamp and arena on the other hand...

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast