Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition for Buddy Queue Mini's

They need to implement at least 2 more maps over the course of 2016 and revamp the mini-game queue to allow sign up with at least 1 friend.

Remember when Funcom tried to kick us off of Tyranny and opened a new rule set server (blood and glory) and have us re-level to 80 and regrind to pvp 10 just to cater to the pve / roleplaying Edit by Anzu: Players that signed up to Tyranny which is OUR PVP SERVER. That's how twisted their thinking is at that company. That they expected us to jump ship from our very own server that states it's PVP and have us go regrind more pve crap and relevel another year to pvp 10 and AA.

They owe us a map or two and they owe us to sign with at least one single friend in a pug queue that has been taken over by PVE players as usual. The reason for this is because Silirrion was nothing but a ROLE-PLAYING Edit by Anzu: Nope. director that knew absolutely nothing about PVP. he demonstrated that when he use to do those live streams of him playing on a character for the ROTG expansion and he was literally keyboard turning.
    Last edited by Anzu; 4th November 2015 at 17:04.

Remember before engaging in forum pvp that I always win.
    Short cuts make long delays.

This topic has been discussed forever, for long times and in many other threads.
    Sadly it's approached with total lack of logic by many.

If you think that allowing groups of 2, 3, 4, 5 or a full group to a random minigame queque will improve the quality of the fights, you are completely wrong.
    It will have exactly the opposite effect.
    And that is not because I'm a noob, but for simple logic.

If for example you have an organized full group of 6 PvP 10 with voice comm and well distributed classes and 6 randoms, what do you think will work better in creating balanced fights? an algorytm which splits players or allowing that premade group to sign together?
    I made intentionally the most extremist example, but the same logic can be applied with different levels to 2 or 3 players signups, even though with 2 could be acceptable and just add some fun (I'm ok with that).

To be honest I have about 70k kills, and even though iCannon calls me noob, I don't really need or want friends or full premade to farm 6 randoms.
    It's already easy enough, and I find really noobish to ask to sign an organized group vs randoms.

You want to fight in an organized group?
    That's great, it's also what I like the most too.
    But bring your balls and fight another organized group in a Tournament Mode.
    It's there, it works and it's a lot of fun.

Don't ask friends help to farm newbies and pretend to look pro on forum by trolling....
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Lleilwin View Post
    A lot of elitist whining going on in this thread
    A lot of Fury better than Crom bitching too
    A lot of disdain for opposing opinions and denigrating each other

If I was FC I would never bother touching this particular can of worms

You would think adult people could act like it

/not signed btw
    How on earth is pvp supposed to be played properly, when you cannot even play with people you want?
    There is no point even doing minis since all you get is trolls who are not getting ban, 3party boys and language barriers
    Before anyone come here and tell me to go premades, arranging those takes a god damn decade, and I should be allowed to play with friends even if I do not waste time gathering 12 guys or gals, just to do a decent mini. Must be only game where you cannot play with friends, seriously, what kind of system is this.
    In ts with mate, but cannot play with him? what kind of online game is this.

can't wait that dungeon finder to come.
    "pug raid" oops we got 0 tank, trolls, afkers. Leave raid to get 24h penalty to sign again, GG
    #onlyinageofconan

#korandoaoc

Thing is, I do not need help to farm anyone in this game, game is supposed to be: fun, competitive, team playing, and you certainly should be allowed to play with your friends, but this game is everything else than fun or about team play, the mini games are pure toxic, always, ALWAYS one guy go afk, one guy has no clue how to check map, one guy is selfish, one guy rage at rest of team "WTF U DOING, "i'mMad has left the match"", sit at spawn and wait till they farm u for 20m or score. or then there is someone just trolling and feeding enemy team for lols.

there is reason('s) why player base is so low, and one is certainly that you CANNOT play with FRIENDS.
    Last edited by Derled; 4th November 2015 at 18:07.
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    This topic has been discussed forever, for long times and in many other threads.
    Sadly it's approached with total lack of logic by many.

If you think that allowing groups of 2, 3, 4, 5 or a full group to a random minigame queque will improve the quality of the fights, you are completely wrong.
    It will have exactly the opposite effect.
    And that is not because I'm a noob, but for simple logic.

If for example you have an organized full group of 6 PvP 10 with voice comm and well distributed classes and 6 randoms, what do you think will work better in creating balanced fights? an algorytm which splits players or allowing that premade group to sign together?
    I made intentionally the most extremist example, but the same logic can be applied with different levels to 2 or 3 players signups, even though with 2 could be acceptable and just add some fun (I'm ok with that).

To be honest I have about 70k kills, and even though iCannon calls me noob, I don't really need or want friends or full premade to farm 6 randoms.
    It's already easy enough, and I find really noobish to ask to sign an organized group vs randoms.

You want to fight in an organized group?
    That's great, it's also what I like the most too.
    But bring your balls and fight another organized group in a Tournament Mode.
    It's there, it works and it's a lot of fun.

Don't ask friends help to farm newbies and pretend to look pro on forum by trolling....
    No one here wants to farm noobs. But if you could sign as a team, don't you think there would bemore than one group signing up. Guild premades made being in a guild special, it made people want join a particular guild for more than raiding. I am sure if you could sign as a group, PvP would actually improve because most pvpers want something to brag about, and that's not pug minis. There ate multiple guilds on crom who could field multiple 6 man teams of varying skill quality which would be world's better than even a decent pug mini. Why do you think this would hurt PvP? If someone in blue gear and no AA and who is clueless gets farmed as a pug, what does it matter- it happens almost every day with pug minis now.

And I'm tired of killing my friends, it sucks being on some garbage lottery ticket team, why do I need to make it worse by murdering them when they already don't have a chance. There is not any glory in that, that's just playing like a duck, which pug minis encourage.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    How on earth is pvp supposed to be played properly, when you cannot even play with people you want?
    There is no point even doing minis since all you get is trolls who are not getting ban, 3party boys and language barriers
    Before anyone come here and tell me to go premades, arranging those takes a god damn decade, and I should be allowed to play with friends even if I do not waste time gathering 12 guys or gals, just to do a decent mini. Must be only game where you cannot play with friends, seriously, what kind of system is this.
    In ts with mate, but cannot play with him? what kind of online game is this.
    I can think of a few FPSers that are exactly like that. You may try and choose a team, but server will still allocate on the team that has less players.
    I like playing with friends, too, but I don't mind playing against them either; still fun.

Frankly, I really doubt there are that many who enjoy being carried. Most of us would rather make that difference that wins the mini
    But no matter the game, no matter the sign-up method there will be AFKers, hackers, toxic groupchat PvPers, 'leet' dirtmouths etc.
    I can live with that and those beginners who stick with PvP can too.

What I won't abide is to loose half my team even before start, because they can see those same two 'friends' on the other team totally dominating every game that pops.
    That's half a team that won't sign up next mini because of Cowards shame and the other half not signing up either because they didn't just get their posteriors handed to them, they got farmed excessively on respad, because those two 'leet' want to boost their KD for free.

I see less players signing up and eventually the leets will leave to because nothing pops

No, if I could wish something of FC it would be variants maps that would allow ppl to sign up for DM or CTF. At least that way, there wouldn't be any confusion about how you are supposed to win
    Hell, FC could even make the variants with just the 5 oldies. You'd think that shouldn't tap too hard into their ressouces
    Last edited by Lleilwin; 4th November 2015 at 20:02.
    Khemi. Picture Hell on the cheap then add more whores

Delred have a point, AoC is only game where u cant pvp together with a friends in general (coz minis now is general pvp content). The ones who say go and make a premade, its hard and very long to organise such events, which is oftenly in conflict with lack of time to do so. You go in game want relax and have fun, not working on organising own fun for hours.

This thread is not about oh lets roll by 6 men group and farm poor pug. Its about option to play together with people u are like playing together and having fun. It will be totally wrong to allow back 6 men group sign up, but teaming with friend or two is mainstream and needed thing. I think vast majority of pvp community needs in playing with friends part will be fullfulled with option playing in 2-3 men groups, its rare when there is more people want play together for fun reasoning, if there more okay they can find out a premade or so.

Its totally wrong to pick it on level - they want farm everything and such bla bla bla. Its about fun and thats what about game should be, MMO by itself motives people to play together, being social, now AoC is inspiring counter motives, play for urself and other stuff (since most time you have annoying people in groups which demotivating and ruining often intentions to play for group). If you will have a friend or two u have people to care about and to do teamplay with at least.

And once more fo ones who complains that someone will farm by this, like omje dominating 2men groups lol, the people who are doing this, doing it anyways on their own, so from this PoV nothing will change.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Imho in a current state of game, pvp can not be worse... so FC should just bring back again good ideas which already were implemented in game, admitting that the changes weren't so good.

- huge gear&AA gap for beginners - solution: increase pvp xp&AA gain rate
    - no serious goals in pvp for old players - solutions: a. add more skins to pvp gear maybe (all skins FC already have from pve - just assign the same stats as t3 pvp) b. new pvp fatality animations for each class to gain for pvp tokens (ye... it's just a dream, I know)
    - senseless solutions such as bori - pvp which means player vs rocks and trees - solution: delete that broken game content, it's a shame it is still in a game
    - no serious goals and competitiveness for guilds in pvp - solution: just enable "war/sieges win and loss stat" - that simple counter will give for some of guilds a goal to be no.1 in sieges on a specific server
    - we can't play mini games with friends - solution: let us do that again, FC you have nothing to loose rly
    - no fresh blood aka new players - solution: maybe a little marketing activity? Apart from newsletter and monthly dev letter there is a silence. You can't get more money without investing in marketing. Game launch was 7-8 years ago? You have completely new player base of freshly grown up players who haven't heard about AoC at all.

A this moment there is NO dark fantasy pvp game worth playing and no interesting title on the horizon - FC still has a chance to attract some attention... but I feel like even FC doesn't believe in their own product
    Last edited by -Blash-; 4th November 2015 at 20:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Lleilwin View Post
    I can think of a few FPSers that are exactly like that. You may try and choose a team, but server will still allocate on the team that has less players.
    I like playing with friends, too, but I don't mind playing against them either; still fun.

Frankly, I really doubt there are that many who enjoy being carried. Most of us would rather make that difference that wins the mini
    But no matter the game, no matter the sign-up method there will be AFKers, hackers, toxic groupchat PvPers, 'leet' dirtmouths etc.
    I can live with that and those beginners who stick with PvP can too.

What I won't abide is to loose half my team even before start, because they can see those same two 'friends' on the other team totally dominating every game that pops.
    That's half a team that won't sign up next mini because of Cowards shame and the other half not signing up either because they didn't just get their posteriors handed to them, they got farmed excessively on respad, because those two 'leet' want to boost their KD for free.

I see less players signing up and eventually the leets will leave to because nothing pops

No, if I could wish something of FC it would be variants maps that would allow ppl to sign up for DM or CTF. At least that way, there wouldn't be any confusion about how you are supposed to win
    Hell, FC could even make the variants with just the 5 oldies. You'd think that shouldn't tap too hard into their ressouces

lol You also forgot to mention that these (few fpser games) do that automatically, but you are also allowed to manually change to the opposite side of the team at any time you want or leave and go to another server. You do not have that option in AoC. The only reason why the PVP mini's are setup the way they are is beside Funcom wants to make little care bear noobs feel happy that they might actually win the lotto and end up on a better team, that's it. PVP has been dismantled because of Funcom's direction and players like yourself tossing out these garbage opinions and views yet you barely even PVP.

Edit by Anzu: Moderation is not to be discussed on the forums. You're free to contact another moderator or a CM in private if you disagree with something. I love you too.
    Last edited by Anzu; 4th November 2015 at 21:15.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast