Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition for Buddy Queue Mini's

If you really want to sign up with 1 friend or more and never alongside (so also not against) random players who just want to have fun without any direction, you should petition to allow it in the tournament mode queue while also disabling the possibility to join as a random player and then rename the queue, problem fixed.

As much as i dislike pve raiding grind, elitists play with elitists and compare against other elitists for world first, while casuals and randoms can join pug raids of any level below T5 however you have some minimum gear requirement. So in a perfect world with a normal playerbase, you would pit T1 against T1, T2 vs T2 and T3vT3 as in PvP where the "P" value equals Player performance and not gear+AA difference, then balance the game around this concept called competition.

You could also normalize all the pvp gear and AA across the classes without any power curve while offering in exchange some variety but some would say it's not very mmo'ish if you can't two shot a newbie and be untouchable with a maxed veteran character.

Topic:
    /signed to join a minigame together with at least one buddy

Offtopic:
    The system I would prefer, has same AA(points), same gear for each class and you can join as group or as solo-player.
    Rewarded with social items/potions/pets/titles...
    More or less similar to the announced but never implemented "unchained-minigames".

Target should be: no stupid/excessive timeconsuming grind and focus only on pvp-fights/skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsing View Post
    No!

° Why not fight your buddy? It's a game, you don't hurt him in real life. If anyone feels hurt RL he better shutdown his computer.
    ° If all sign in with a buddy, the already bad balancing system will be totally corrupted.
    ° What happens will look like this: 2-man groups will chase the guys that did not sign with a buddy.
    And there it is.

Funcom will skim through this post and read all the comments and listen to this guy,all the while ignoring the other 20 posts that want to sign the petition.

This guy clearly never pvp's and if he does, he isn't very good at it and doesn't get how the system is already exploited and broken to begin with. Did you even read my post Hopsin? Mini Games are already broken, way beyond repair. Allowing us to sign up with a single friend isn't going to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by iCannon View Post
    And there it is.

Funcom will skim through this post and read all the comments and listen to this guy,all the while ignoring the other 20 posts that want to sign the petition.

This guy clearly never pvp's and if he does, he isn't very good at it and doesn't get how the system is already exploited and broken to begin with. Did you even read my post Hopsin? Mini Games are already broken, way beyond repair. Allowing us to sign up with a single friend isn't going to change that.
    This guy pvp's since 2008. YOU must learn to handle contrary opinions without becoming personal. Go sign tournament and there YOU go. Sign normal minigames with friends will be the last nail in the pvp-coffin for sure.

There are plenty if ways to exploit the current pug system. The easiest is to just to say inguild need 1 more. There are a few other ways to increase the odds of forcing teams, but why should we resort to that. I play to play with my friends, in which case that means we get stuck on opposite teams and spend out time complaining about the horrid game play. Or, we get on the dame team and find we ate the only ones actually trying to win, in which case odds are we lose because two people can't really win a mini by themselves.

Anyone defending the current system only foes so because they know they can't make it in any other. Which begs the question, why do you PvP. I know I am not a balacai, but at least I thaw good enough sense and movement to know how to win in a team setting. Why ist it when someone actually tries to better PvP with a discussion, all of a sudden the system is said to be fine, when it's a known fact it us not.
    Doomsayer 2008

Nobody said the actual system is fine.

But just to let you sign in with a friend won't change the system to a good system.
    What do you think, how long will it take until the system will be exploitet in the way that 6 buddies sign together?

But just to let you sign in with a friend won't change the system to a good system.
    What do you think, how long will it take until the system will be exploitet in the way that 6 buddies sign together?
    Its nearly possible to do that now if you all play different archetype s and have alts pop it only to leave, so whats the difference. I would rather not resort to shady signing tactics to be able to play with my friends, which is a normal thing in almost ever other game.
    Doomsayer 2008

Nobody said it would be (a better system) by adding a single friend. What everyone is saying, since the system is already flawed and exploited...why not let us play with our friends? I WANT TO PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS. NOT YOU, that's the point everyone is trying to make to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Its nearly possible to do that now if you all play different archetype s and have alts pop it only to leave, so whats the difference. I would rather not resort to shady signing tactics to be able to play with my friends, which is a normal thing in almost ever other game.
    I can't think of any other game that doesn't let you queue up with your friends to play together. Any other company would recognize how stupid of an idea it is to make the system they have in play now for AoC.

4/ Lets talk PvP: What about grouping with friends for minigames? Minigames are most popular pvp content and it's a solo experience that you can't enjoy with friends, are there plans to change/adjust that (much requested ability to be able to sign up with 2-3 people).

Changes to the mini-game signup up are 100% locked to the code base, and I am not a coder, therefore it comes down to prioritizing those code changes against all other code tasks.
    There are pending tasks for looking into the sign up system when it comes to the small scale team arena which has been previously talked about. The team version can't work the same way as the solo one due to there simply being too many variable conditions to handle inside a script. When this signup system is looked at for the team arena that would be a great time to also look into making any changes to the minigame signup system. Whether or not any such changes are simple or not will become apparent at that time.
    http://aochideout.blogspot.com/2015/...th-gorgor.html

Yeah, there is some hope. And yes, what we call "Funcom" aka THIS GUY is aware of the issue
    Retired

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast