Thread: Pressing strikes or field of war??

Default Pressing strikes or field of war??

While the title pose the main question to this thread. What blue perk combination is best and which do you use??

realy depends on class, for conq pressing strikes is better, for dt field of war. it realy depends on how much u rely on hard hitting critting combos or not
    Raised in Kheshatta.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyyr View Post
    realy depends on class, for conq pressing strikes is better, for dt field of war. it realy depends on how much u rely on hard hitting critting combos or not
    As a carnage I think I would rather go with field of war tho?

Edit: nvm.
    Last edited by Raczer; 14th August 2016 at 19:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Raczer View Post
    As a carnage I think I would rather go with field of war tho?
    Field of war is trash for conks. The majority of your damage will come from white hits, bleeds, and offhand hits, in that order. All of these are affected by weapon damage only, not at all by combat rating. I know bleeds are technically spell damage but they resolve against armor, they're not magic at all.

Pressing/Decisive is the only mix to use, really, dps-wise, since it will increase your crit, crit damage, and weapon damage.

However, if you really want to irritate the hell out of folks, use elusive/fortifying or elusive/chromatic, depending on whether the enemy is magic or melee focused, and use resolve in the archetype slot instead of avoid entanglements. Carnage does a stupid amount of damage even without aa buffs and making yourself into an unkillable set of flying scissors will ruin everybody's day.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Unutterable View Post
    Field of war is trash for conks. The majority of your damage will come from white hits, bleeds, and offhand hits, in that order. All of these are affected by weapon damage only, not at all by combat rating. I know bleeds are technically spell damage but they resolve against armor, they're not magic at all.

Pressing/Decisive is the only mix to use, really, dps-wise, since it will increase your crit, crit damage, and weapon damage.

However, if you really want to irritate the hell out of folks, use elusive/fortifying or elusive/chromatic, depending on whether the enemy is magic or melee focused, and use resolve in the archetype slot instead of avoid entanglements. Carnage does a stupid amount of damage even without aa buffs and making yourself into an unkillable set of flying scissors will ruin everybody's day.
    Thank you! I actually didn't know that combat rating dont increase bleed dmg.

I have tried using elusive/decicive, but i didnt really feel that much diffrence. I know "feel" dont mean much against facts, but doesn't tenacity remove much of the critigation anyways?

elusive nature is only realy good when u have pvp 10 gear as it has almost double the critigation ammount than t1/t2. if u dont have any t3 pieces then its not realy worth it.
    Raised in Kheshatta.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyyr View Post
    elusive nature is only realy good when u have pvp 10 gear as it has almost double the critigation ammount than t1/t2. if u dont have any t3 pieces then its not realy worth it.
    Okai, im just about to begin with t3 pieces now. Got 60k pvp xp in bank, just waiting for the pvp event. Will try to reach pvp 9 during the event. When i do i will try using elusive again. Thanks for the information!

Magic damage : Field of war + decisive strikes // (chrom warding)
    Sin : Decisive + precise strikes
    Everything else : Pressing + decisive strikes ///(chromatic warding)
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

i also use precise strikes on hybrid barb and on my bs,i like the dmg increase without having to rely on crits
    Raised in Kheshatta.