Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question to Developers in Regards to PVP Mini-Games

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Asking for a new map 7+ years later I don't think is asking too much...
    That's what always made me laugh about this community. They make it seem like I am asking Funcom to drop everything and make us an expansion. Instead we get to listen to players of the community spew their hearts out as to why a map shouldn't be made or can't be made that is the size of a call of duty map with pretty much zero detail in comparison.

To make a map in AoC that is functioning and properly designed can take as little as 3 weeks. I know map makers, I have seen what they can do in a single day, it's pretty retarded reading some of these kids write ups.

a simple 6 v 6 map is all were asking for here lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by iCannon View Post
    That's what always made me laugh about this community. They make it seem like I am asking Funcom to drop everything and make us an expansion. Instead we get to listen to players of the community spew their hearts out as to why a map shouldn't be made or can't be made that is the size of a call of duty map with pretty much zero detail in comparison.

To make a map in AoC that is functioning and properly designed can take as little as 3 weeks. I know map makers, I have seen what they can do in a single day, it's pretty retarded reading some of these kids write ups.

a simple 6 v 6 map is all were asking for here lmao.
    You're right. If you ever made maps for a game yourself, you'll know that it is perfectly doable "on the side". They should have a whole drawer of maps already. The only reason i can accept why they are not doing it (for any aspect of the game...one person working only 1 day a week can put out far more and fix far more than is actually done) is:
    - a really really bad and buggy editing software
    - they are not allowed

In both cases they will probably never tell the truth to their customers while still in the company
    They might also suffer from the "high goals, no output syndrome", where you put "important priorities" so mugh higher than anything else, that actually nothing is done anymore and the lower priorities get piled up and block your spirit.

Suggestion:
    -Do a map routine as with daily quests, where you put a "mini of the day" map signable. Maps could range from copies of
    - silkroad pirate island
    - tesso tunnels
    - slaughterhouse cellar
    - xibalaku (this will make spawncamping a tad harder!)

When this works and your editor allows it, you can make player competitions and add those maps to the routine, if their fit the minimum standard.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 27th October 2015 at 13:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    You're right. If you ever made maps for a game yourself, you'll know that it is perfectly doable "on the side". They should have a whole drawer of maps already. The only reason i can accept why they are not doing it (for any aspect of the game...one person working only 1 day a week can put out far more and fix far more than is actually done) is:
    - a really really bad and buggy editing software
    - they are not allowed

In both cases they will probably never tell the truth to their customers while still in the company
    They might also suffer from the "high goals, no output syndrome", where you put "important priorities" so mugh higher than anything else, that actually nothing is done anymore and the lower priorities get piled up and block your spirit.

Suggestion:
    -Do a map routine as with daily quests, where you put a "mini of the day" map signable. Maps could range from copies of
    - silkroad pirate island
    - tesso tunnels
    - slaughterhouse cellar
    - xibalaku (this will make spawncamping a tad harder!)

When this works and your editor allows it, you can make player competitions and add those maps to the routine, if their fit the minimum standard.
    You have to remember when they said "some time ago" after updating dreamworld engine for AoC how they are getting new tools allowing them to create content at a much faster rate than before. ^^

They also have one map they said they never released because it's very buggy if i remember well or maybe it was never finished, who knows...

They already promised a dragon spine minigame map long before they even announced T6 pve raid coming for test live server.

We already have desert, jungle and dungeon minigame maps but nothing snowy mountain with the most popular soundtracks in the game? This is age of conan after all, of course it would not fit the dragon spine promise.

ps: I am an old modder and know mapping from the ceiling (where you end up when CC feared through one sided flat curve instead of polygon brush ) to custom everything (music, textures, shaders..) along curves, lights and shadow effects, scripts and triggers. I can adapt to different engines and tools, it's an old hobby. I used to have infography and 3d (realms) for passion already back in duke nukem 3d era but no matter how you turn it and how well made, modding is always considered amateur work and cant be sold as DLC or along a subscription unless the company will sign up a contract with the modder when the mod is proven to be extremely popular such as counterstrike and DotA.

TSW developers are busy so forget about any pvp updates.
    EOT

I'm not convinced by new maps for the sake of new maps. After a week they stop being new. The only thing that could be nice would be if that map would be designed to avoid the flaws of the current ones (fighting in front of ones rezpad 24/7).
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    I'm not convinced by new maps for the sake of new maps. After a week they stop being new. The only thing that could be nice would be if that map would be designed to avoid the flaws of the current ones (fighting in front of ones rezpad 24/7).
    Maybe so, but I'm sick of HV 10 in a row because people want win with caps than actually fight iout. Not that TT is any better, but 3CTF and one TT, come on.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    That is such a horrible way to look at things. That's like me driving around in a 40 year old GM car and somebody offers me a corvette and I go (Nah it's ok, after driving it for a few months, I will get bored and sick of it). What you said applies to anything. You could say that about all the dumb raid encounters they keep adding over the last 6 years.

Asking for a single new PVP Mini-Game Map is very reasonable and doable on Funcom's end. Suctum said it best, everyone is sick of the same old maps and let's face it, Sag is one of the worst map designs to ever be created and Totem Torrent isn't even a PVP map. It should be removed all together, because it's awful. Everyone avoids PVP and just goes for capping sides, beats down the totem and then clashes at the end.

Minis really are pethetic at this point. People ignoring their friends on other trams, people speed capping and being allowed to do so, and players who think winning is getting farmed on the pad while holding the flag. As much as objectives should make a mini engaging they ruin it as much because you can effectively win on objectives alone. It's not only a new map which is needed, it's a new game type. If you set the game type by map, then all the objective shores can just stay signing up for the original maps and the people who actually want to PvP can go to the new death match map.

Either way, making a new map is certainly not asking for much of anything. Ignore my spelling, I'm on a phonešŸ˜–
    Last edited by Suctum; 31st October 2015 at 14:25.
    Doomsayer 2008

That is such a horrible way to look at things. That's like me driving around in a 40 year old GM car and somebody offers me a corvette and I go (Nah it's ok, after driving it for a few months, I will get bored and sick of it). What you said applies to anything. You could say that about all the dumb raid encounters they keep adding over the last 6 years.

Asking for a single new PVP Mini-Game Map is very reasonable and doable on Funcom's end. Suctum said it best, everyone is sick of the same old maps and let's face it, Sag is one of the worst map designs to ever be created and Totem Torrent isn't even a PVP map. It should be removed all together, because it's awful. Everyone avoids PVP and just goes for capping sides, beats down the totem and then clashes at the end.
    No, what he says is he is driving around in a 40 year old red GM and someone offers him a 40 year old green GM. It would only be a meaningful upgrade if the green GM would have air conditioning and better mileage.

If the green GM has the same flaws as the red one, there is no point whatsoever to change just to have a new color.

"You could say that about all the dumb raid encounters they keep adding over the last 6 years."
    Haha indeed you can, it's very true!

You can also try to be happy with what you have and just ask for some variety but even that we won't get after their own promise so pvpers in this game are the "grandmasters of deceived hope", where is this achievement title for years of Age of Conan pvp dedication pretty funcom please? Bah, pvp doesn't represent more than 10% of that achievement system anyway so forget about the points...

Funcom absolute priority list is clear:

1) Cash shop boxes
    2) PvE raiding
    3) PvE instances
    4) B2P adventure packs
    5) Anything PvP

It will be ok, it always was for years. People don't come and people go, so be strong and for another year please keep your hopes up fellas before the plug puller will bring back balance to the pvp development debt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast