Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question to Developers in Regards to PVP Mini-Games

Default Question to Developers in Regards to PVP Mini-Games

Any idea when we will be seeing a new mini-game map or two? It's been 5 years and still it's the same 4 old maps with the addition of Sag.

What I thought would be a cool suggestion is, add 3 or 4 new maps and every 3 or 4 weeks, cycle in a new one and phase out an old one to keep things refreshed for people. Always have 5 running, but just keep cycling the maps one at a time. I think anything at this point would be better for this game then just the same crap every single day.

Also, when can we sign up for a mini-game with at least 1 single friend? Jesus
    Last edited by iCannon; 25th October 2015 at 21:13.

Quote Originally Posted by iCannon View Post
    Any idea when we will be seeing a new mini-game map or two? It's been 5 years and still it's the same 4 old maps with the addition of Sag.

What I thought would be a cool suggestion is, add 3 or 4 new maps and every 3 or 4 weeks, cycle in a new one and phase out an old one to keep things refreshed for people. Always have 5 running, but just keep cycling the maps one at a time. I think anything at this point would be better for this game then just the same crap every single day.
    It seems like you have really distorted view of how much funding is FC able to afford and how many ppl are still developing this game. 3 or 4 new maps, that really made me laugh.
    Pogecor - PvP 10 Guardian
    Micinecka - PvP 10 Priest of Mitra
    Pichalka - PvP 10 Assassin

New minigame maps will not increase pvp-fun when there are some people signing minigames and afk or just stand around or running in circles on the edge of map (so it can not be called "afking"), just to ruin others fun. At times when only 1 minigame is popping and this player is on, he is in every single minigame and no pvp is going, just flagbotting the one team and the conq-handicapped is waiting till the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsing View Post
    New minigame maps will not increase pvp-fun when there are some people signing minigames and afk or just stand around or running in circles on the edge of map (so it can not be called "afking"), just to ruin others fun. At times when only 1 minigame is popping and this player is on, he is in every single minigame and no pvp is going, just flagbotting the one team and the conq-handicapped is waiting till the end.
    That has nothing to do with new pvp maps being released. Just because somebody afk's doesn't mean you put a stop to all other content progress. The people that AFK usually know they are on the losing team against a bunch of geared out toons or there are more healers or better class make up. This kind of things happens in any MMO. I played approx 10 mini's yesterday, only 2 of them had afk's due to our team not having a total of 6 players at the start.

What I do believe would be beneficial to the game is allowing people to sign up with a single buddy. It's absurd to play an MMO and you are not allowed to play with friends... I've never seen anything like it in my life.

Now back to the maps. Having a new map or two would be refreshing for the pvp community and cycling them through every 2 weeks would make it even better. The cost for a new pvp map to be developed isn't very much, I have seen modders make better maps within a week. So there is no excuse from Funcom's end on not pushing to have it done, regardless of their schedule or budget.

LoL has only 3 maps and most players just play 1 and the game has around 30million players.

Aoc doesn't necessarily need a new map , but a new game mode. A deathmatch where you get actually rewarded for pvping and not for babysitting a flag
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

A new map wouldn't hurt, but my suggestion is to extend the PvP event to the entire 3 weeks where there's no World Boss (1st week WB, 2-4 weeks PvP event).

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    LoL has only 3 maps and most players just play 1 and the game has around 30million players.

Aoc doesn't necessarily need a new map , but a new game mode. A deathmatch where you get actually rewarded for pvping and not for babysitting a flag
    Hate to break it to you, but a new map would make things interesting.

Really would not take that much effort to make some mini maps. Especially if they were the same mechanics we already have. We need new minis for sure.

LoL is a game massively played in the third world because from the cyber cafe costing $0.2 per hour there they dream to be pro players. From this it became popular and people now play it just because other people do, the same way people play WoW or use facebook and youtube where millions of people dream of Justin Bieber popularity although his singing skills are questionable compared to his look toward western teenage girls.

Making a new map seems easy enough however in reality, the designing part is only the funny part because behind that you have testing and compiling taking even more time and a pro company usually cannot afford to rely on it's playerbase in other ways than feedback and it's not just some pve scripted boss mechanic. However with the size of AoC minigame maps it would be faster than designing a full pve raid for sure!

The problem with griefing is a vicious one because if you introduce a player tool like gw1 did for simply reporting a player who is leeching then the player is getting coward shame once the minigame ends it will also promote a different kind of griefing like if some casual players actually playing and not leeching dont want to leave the group to let exploiters form a premade with setup advantage and often third party tools (like interrupt bots in gw1) just for farming random legit players purpose they will vote report them and do the same the next game that if there are enough players to start another anymore.

Solo arenas can be a solution for some of the more individual skill oriented players, an "AA and gear balanced across the players game mode with group sign-up queue" Unchained minigame would do wonders, preferable also is more GM attention but I imagine it's very difficult to ban a customer or a group of exploiters who paid for just having fun in the game even if griefing random friendly or casual players (who are the largest pool of players) in pvp because as a GM you need to justify your action to your boss, tagging the player(s) with coward shame after intensive warning if the griefing is really obvious, repetitive and game breaking for many individuals is probably more realistic.

The company actual policy for AoC about hacking tools and the use of them is also problematic but one thing at a time i guess lol.

Asking for a new map 7+ years later I don't think is asking too much...
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast