Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Quest colassal waste of time

Default Halloween Quest colassal waste of time

My Necro went through the Khemi dugeon and quit when he couldn't kill the snake (Oh great joke you don't kill the snake you just survive till a door opens), try to return and you have to start over. Try the Tarantia quest, hours later a Ranger can't kill the boss, Rangers can't heal self or shoot fast enough the dozens of adds, if you fall in the pool you cant get out and die from poisen. What should be fun for all is a colossal waste of time, oh I'm sure if you've played the game for years and know all the tricks it's easy. Really do a lot of people have hours to spend on what should be a 20 minute quest then surprise the jokes on you, can't be finished. We'll just skip the warewolf quest, I'm sure it's just a screwed up (unless you know the tricks). What makes this worse is that I bought the AA and have feats reasonably spec'd by the net. Have superior gear. How would an average spec'd ranger do, unless they upgrade the strength of the mobs according to the gear you are wearing? (like the fags at WOW do, which is one reason our whole guild quit). I'm sure if I had t5 gear, or if I tried with my conq or BS or even Necro they probably could do well. Same issue with Vanaheim, my level 40 Conquerer had no problem getting to the blue mountain while it was impossible for the BS, until after hours of frustration I just kept poisoning the boss and running away until he finally dies ( I killed everything in the level including the mamoths but the boss, 1 hit kills when Im at half life , again with AA and good gear.
    Last edited by xdandeman; 24th October 2015 at 01:24.

Not sure what your problem is but these quests are far too easy if you ask me...
    I did all the quests several times with my characters (I have all classes on level 80) and had no real problems while trying to kill the bosses... my ranger actually did it with a meele spec (and I was not switching to bow) and I still had no problems.
    What about health potions? Use them and if you get too low on HP you kite the boss and I don't know what your problem with the adds is, there only spawns one at a time which is a minion and almost a instant kill for a ranger.
    Just watch the casts, react on big AoE and avoid it -> boss will be dead in no time.

Seems like FC needs to do some more nerfs to everything in the game... still too hard... I want the key for the gate behind Saddur in /claims ! :P

The snake is Set by the way , if you can't avoid stepping into those pools or to kill those minions don't even bother with killing an ancient god
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by xdandeman View Post
    My Necro went through the Khemi dugeon and quit when he couldn't kill the snake (Oh great joke you don't kill the snake you just survive till a door opens), try to return and you have to start over. Try the Tarantia quest, hours later a Ranger can't kill the boss, Rangers can't heal self or shoot fast enough the dozens of adds, if you fall in the pool you cant get out and die from poisen. What should be fun for all is a colossal waste of time, oh I'm sure if you've played the game for years and know all the tricks it's easy. Really do a lot of people have hours to spend on what should be a 20 minute quest then surprise the jokes on you, can't be finished. We'll just skip the warewolf quest, I'm sure it's just a screwed up (unless you know the tricks).
    The one above beat me to it but yeah ranger is definetly amongst the slowest when it comes to fire rate (a demo has everything instant in comparison) when using a bow and mostly single target but you can use a ranger sword with a shield and voila, deft stab spamming your static pve mobs 3 by 3 with good positioning, evade buff and traps.

Default adds are almost as tough as boss

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    Not sure what your problem is but these quests are far too easy if you ask me...
    I did all the quests several times with my characters (I have all classes on level 80) and had no real problems while trying to kill the bosses... my ranger actually did it with a meele spec (and I was not switching to bow) and I still had no problems.
    What about health potions? Use them and if you get too low on HP you kite the boss and I don't know what your problem with the adds is, there only spawns one at a time which is a minion and almost a instant kill for a ranger.
    Just watch the casts, react on big AoE and avoid it -> boss will be dead in no time.

Seems like FC needs to do some more nerfs to everything in the game... still too hard... I want the key for the gate behind Saddur in /claims ! :P
    I tired to take out the adds, they added more than I could kill. Lev 71. see edit above.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post

The newest is actually not bad, seems they learned or listened to some feedback. It was fun to play and not as long as the older ones. Also it is nice, that they seem to offer the new event quests from the older years.

What they all suffer from (more or less) designwise is repetitive combat, linear design, forced scripted timesinks and being now a solo experience. It is sad, that they so easily scrap content like the older quests, that actually made people revisit zones and group up...and let them do it at their leisure (1 year time, if you got the quest).

What you mean about too easy, might be linked to the problems i mentioned. It is not easy to balance the difficulty in solo without scaling, if your classes are not balanced and the scripts are the same, regardless of class. So some have it easier than others. Also the normal mobs are rather easy, here any class can use their strengths as in normal gameplay...but the scripted boss fights can be tough, up to impossible (i mean mainly the khemi questline). And with the rewards usually only coming after the final boss (the werewolf quest is an exception), it can be literally a waste of time or at least very annoying. This design can be fun though in the first run, but becomes tedious and annoying very fast when you do it with multiple chars.

Thing is how you want these events to be. I do not favour the "challenge" approach. Such is fitting for permanent content, not for time limited stuff. It should be mainly atmospheric, diversion and offer fitting rewards. That's why i find the new questchain quite good, even though the werewolf quest offered more optional sideloot.

As said, the current event seems again a lot better than last year, but it is still linear and solo-timesinkish...not ideal for an mmo event. Why not let the instances scale with group and let them done as group? This was better in the old scrapped events, they really offered something for everyone (a quick solo part, visiting standard zones (mainly good for open pvp) and a group part). Also the old quests could be done at customers leisure...only prerequisite was that you went online during the event time and start the quests. A better approach imo...
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 24th October 2015 at 01:53.

Default They can't please everyone, but should be new player friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    The newest is actually not bad, seems they learned or listened to some feedback. It was fun to play and not as long as the older ones. Also it is nice, that they seem to offer the new event quests from the older years.

What they all suffer from (more or less) designwise is repetitive combat, linear design, forced scripted timesinks and being now a solo experience. It is sad, that they so easily scrap content like the older quests, that actually made people revisit zones and group up...and let them do it at their leisure (1 year time, if you got the quest).

What you mean about too easy, might be linked to the problems i mentioned. It is not easy to balance the difficulty in solo without scaling, if your classes are balanced and the scripts are the same, regardless of class. So some have it easier than others. Also the normal mobs are rather easy...but the scripted boss fights can be tough, up to impossible (i mean mainly the khemi questline). And with the rewards usually only coming after the final boss (the werewolf quest is an exception), it can be literally a waste of time.

Thing is how you want these events to be. I do not favour the "challenge" approach. Such is fitting for permanent content, not for time limited stuff. It should be mainly atmospheric, diversion and offer fitting rewards.

As said, the current event seems again a lot better than last year, but it is still linear and solo-timesinkish...not ideal for an mmo event. Why not let the instances scale with group and let them done as group? This was better in the old scrapped events, they really offered something for everyone (a quick solo part, visiting standard zones (mainly good for open pvp) and a group part). Also the old quests could be done at customers leisure...only prerequisite was that you went online during the event time and start the quests. A better approach imo...
    Often I am asked if I want normal or epic mode, Seems like they do offer a choice on some areas. Too often they think it's funny to throw an elite in like the chicken handler, that was funny one time. Too many quests I have to wait 20 levels to complete, I'm sure they plan getting a group on it. Sometimes I do but as a new player I'm interested in learning the game, and have a good guild, but they can't assist in a solo dungeon. When our old guild contacted WOW as to WTF we were told that since "many' player had uber gear and used uber buffs they made the dungeons uber tough. So many of us who were casual players went elsewhere (the ladies didn't like CONAN). But what ever. ( I got suckered back in for a free 30 days and it was worse than SOS so I went and found AOC>.

I'm not sure why people think the new Halloween quest is solo. I ran it with a friend on multiple characters today. If you and your friends get in a group together, then all start the quest, it shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure one person zones in first to start the instance and then everyone else should get put with their friends when zoning in. You can even do this to set the level of the instance to something low. Have a level 20 start your instance, and the rest of the group zones in, then every mob is level 20.

Quote Originally Posted by xdandeman View Post
    My Necro went through the Khemi dugeon and quit when he couldn't kill the snake (Oh great joke you don't kill the snake you just survive till a door opens), try to return and you have to start over. Try the Tarantia quest, hours later a Ranger can't kill the boss, Rangers can't heal self or shoot fast enough the dozens of adds, if you fall in the pool you cant get out and die from poisen. What should be fun for all is a colossal waste of time, oh I'm sure if you've played the game for years and know all the tricks it's easy. Really do a lot of people have hours to spend on what should be a 20 minute quest then surprise the jokes on you, can't be finished. We'll just skip the warewolf quest, I'm sure it's just a screwed up (unless you know the tricks). What makes this worse is that I bought the AA and have feats reasonably spec'd by the net. Have superior gear. How would an average spec'd ranger do, unless they upgrade the strength of the mobs according to the gear you are wearing? (like the fags at WOW do, which is one reason our whole guild quit). I'm sure if I had t5 gear, or if I tried with my conq or BS or even Necro they probably could do well. Same issue with Vanaheim, my level 40 Conquerer had no problem getting to the blue mountain while it was impossible for the BS, until after hours of frustration I just kept poisoning the boss and running away until he finally dies ( I killed everything in the level including the mamoths but the boss, 1 hit kills when Im at half life , again with AA and good gear.
    don't get me wrong, but sounds like you are just bad...
    meh...

In before someone posts "L2P"
    Retired

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast