Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Video] RIP Archfiend of Gore - 9manned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    You no longer get the +hate buff either from Brutal force cast, that wasnt in the patch notes. Dumbs down the fight a bit much but i guess its nessisary to encourage people to do it. That is one kick ass DT to hold agro off you Fass, nice.
    Incorrect. You see my hp? 10.4k. You only get hate buff when you drop below 50% but since I don't there isn't any hate buff :P
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Thats really cool, Fass!

This shows though, that Funcom missed on the adjustments here. Shouldn't be possible to 9 man a 24 man raid...
    Yeah, Funcom should go and increase the difficulty of T1 and T2 fights to stop them from being done by less than 24 people too! I've seen bosses die with less than 6 people!

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Yeah, Funcom should go and increase the difficulty of T1 and T2 fights to stop them from being done by less than 24 people too! I've seen bosses die with less than 6 people!
    but thats with far superior gear isnt it?

how many would it take to do this is say, full t3 gear only?

Quote Originally Posted by Melekaiah View Post
    but thats with far superior gear isnt it?

how many would it take to do this is say, full t3 gear only?
    6 or less. I saw it done back in the day when people weren't even full T3 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    Incorrect. You see my hp? 10.4k. You only get hate buff when you drop below 50% but since I don't there isn't any hate buff :P
    You are right! I remember the boss always doing more than 50% dmg to mages regardless of their hp and protection. With the dmg being nerfed from the boss its entirely possible (as seen obviously) to avoid it now.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    My point is that a raid is commonly referred to as a large band of people working together to get past an encounter. By removing key mechanics from fights, basically rendering it as a K6, voids the "raid" status. Yes, you would need top players to pull this off, but as the fight was earlier with blood pools, removing buffs, and deicide, will never be again. They could rather have nerfed the mechanics than removing them completely! Or made this the 12-man version, while 24-man version would have full mechanics but nerfed with 50% for example.

For many raids and instances, you can brute force the bosses down with superior dps, or overgeared tanks can solotank encounters where it is meant to be shared agression. I'm not advocating any hard limit of 24 people in raid to be able to do a certain raid. T1 and T2 was meant to be doable in blues and can't be compared to a higher tier with much better loot.

I see Funcoms point of making older content irrelevant, and thus tempting guilds over on the newer content. But they shoot themselves in the foot by removing mechanics. With these nerfs of earlier tiers, some encounters in T5 will be very hard for these guilds to get past. Suddenly many reasons to use targets target or visible castbars have been removed from game. But ok, I'll go for the reasoning that T5 is the new T3, and T6 is the new T4.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    ... I remember the boss always doing more than 50% dmg to mages regardless of their hp and protection. With the dmg being nerfed from the boss its entirely possible (as seen obviously) to avoid it now.
    Then you don't remember correctly, it was not the case that the boss was doing more than 50% dmg to mages regardless of their hp and protection (after 4.1.5, befor I don't know). Befor the nerf you could perfectly avoid it to get the hate buff with protection/hp and knowing how to play.

Anyway, great job! You didn't even debuff the boss...that must have been a huge nerf to the dmg and buffs of the boss! May I ask which gear you all were mostly using?

What do you mean not debuffed? I see a fully debuffed boss oO Or are you referring to some boss specific mechanic?
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    What do you mean not debuffed? I see a fully debuffed boss oO Or are you referring to some boss specific mechanic?
    They mean not clicking the bull horns to remove stacks from the boss, the potato has all 6 stacks the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    They mean not clicking the bull horns to remove stacks from the boss, the potato has all 6 stacks the entire time.
    Ok, that sounds like one of the things they nerfed.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast