Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Achievements - Halloween event 2015

Well, I give up, over 20 times done the quest and not a single rare boss

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    You've done the quest 20 times when the update was on wednesday and it has a 16 hour cooldown? What's your time travel secret?

Quote Originally Posted by gcustoms View Post
    You've done the quest 20 times when the update was on wednesday and it has a 16 hour cooldown? What's your time travel secret?
    easy -- 7 alts 3 times each.. or 10x2 etc..
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Yes I have 12 different alts and did the quest on them every day... but not a single rare boss spawned yet -.-

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    Boss #1

you have to be lucky to have him spawn (there is no placeholder). Once you reach the well, the quest updates and you have to defend yourself from infected villagers. The boss spawns in the Mitra temple as the last of those villagers.

If he doesn't spawn, delete the quest and zone out (you'll have to path out actually), pick up the quest again, enter zone and simply run to the well and start again.

I have found that mobs in these zones do respawn after logging out (I waited 2 mins, but 20 secs might be enough) even though system message says that your instance hasn't reset. However, boss #1 (and the other infected villagers) aren't "normal mobs", as they spawn from dead bodies on the ground only when the quest updates. Therefore they won't respawn unless you delete the quest progress.

I hope that makes sense.

Rinse and repeat until you get the boss.

Boss #2 & #3 have placeholders, but they won't spawn by simply killing the placeholder and waiting. You'll still have to log out and back in to have fresh mobs and hopefully the boss instead of the placeholder. I killed the placeholder before logging and relogging, just to make sure.

GL

Edit: just tried the respawn again for boss #3 and mobs didn't respawn after 2 mins, so maybe leave it 5 mins, or just path out, as Anubium suggests below.
    Last edited by hassanchop; 24th October 2015 at 05:12.

You can port out then talk to the quest giver and that will respawn the mobs. I did not get any rare bosses doing log out and back in, but first try on porting out/returning got second boss.

The third boss spawns at the altar where the last boss in catacombs spawns, not second to last room. I got the second boss with one port out/return: third boss with three port outs/returns. You have to refight the spawns but you start in the appropriate section, not at the beginning.

Must have multiple spawn spots then, cos I previously got the third boss standing in front of the spiked throne

Edit: oh wait...that is last boss room in normal catacombs
    Last edited by hassanchop; 24th October 2015 at 07:21.

I killed all three rare bosses several times on different toons before friday´s hotfix. Only the first one in Commons counted for achievement, the other two did not count.

After the hotfix I did only 2 runs so far and did not meet bosses 2 and 3.
    Honk if you love Brian

Ok I will try that deleting and redoing it, hopefully I have more luck and finally get a boss to spawn...

EDIT: Seems like the game just hates me again... still no boss and I deleted the quest all the time when the surviving part at the well was over... did this part now 7 more times but now it gets really boring.
    Item shop boxes won't drop the blue cloak (bought 9 so far and always green / blue 30 minutes morphs xD)... FC somehow hates me really badly this year
    Last edited by xCodename; 24th October 2015 at 15:54.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast