Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Expansion Access

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Sub for a month and see if you like it. If not, cancel it so you don't get charged again. Its only 15 bucks, I dare you to find another game though that has been as fun as Aoc.
    That's kind of my plan at the moment, I've hit up a three month sub and i'm going to give it a whirl and see how it goes, if I still enjoy the game i'll probably stay subbed and get a yearly sub during the next offer.

Just need to work out what to do about guilds, I own a small guild with a full T1 city (minus only inner walls), with a dozen or so members who each only probably log in every few months to check up on the game, so I will probably be looking for a guild, but i'm not sure what to do with the one I have, i'd hate to waste the work we put into building the city.
    Ashareth: Assassin (80) - Tsong: Ranger (80) - Ashoreth: Dark Templar (80) - Belidos: Conqueror (80)
    Ashorath: Guardian (52) - Asharoth: Priest of Mitra (80) - Asheera: Tempest of Set (80)
    Asharath: Bear Shaman (5) - Asharatep: Demonologist (80)

Quote Originally Posted by Asharoth View Post
    That's kind of my plan at the moment, I've hit up a three month sub and i'm going to give it a whirl and see how it goes, if I still enjoy the game i'll probably stay subbed and get a yearly sub during the next offer.

Just need to work out what to do about guilds, I own a small guild with a full T1 city (minus only inner walls), with a dozen or so members who each only probably log in every few months to check up on the game, so I will probably be looking for a guild, but i'm not sure what to do with the one I have, i'd hate to waste the work we put into building the city.
    Keep the guild on an alt. Then you can bring your main wherever. Lots of people have toons in old/dead/solo guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Keep the guild on an alt. Then you can bring your main wherever. Lots of people have toons in old/dead/solo guilds.
    Wouldn't worry about a guild city that's not even T1 built. You can farm enough material for T1 in one evening, solo. You'd only keep it for that little bit of extra 'bank' space, and only if you have the permission to access it. Otherwis, park all your toons in your preferred guild and participate, learn and grow!

Yeah, that's probably what I will do, it just seems such a waste to let it sit there doing nothing. Just need to relearn my characters, POM seems pretty straight forward, but I remember being able to tear through multiple mobs in Khitai on my assassin, however last night my sin was seriously getting his ass handed to him by single mobs.

Also, i'd like to say how pleasantly surprised I was, I decided to start a new character to get used to the mechanics again and while running through Tortage the game actually feels really healthy player wise, I was actually having to race against other players to get click items because there were so many people about, and I actually formed a full group to kill red hand in the dungeon so we could all get credit because we were stealing each others kills. It really shows to me that the game is still health and well populated, despite what I had been hearing here and on other game forums. Granted it's not wow busy or even close to it's hay day, but there's still more than enough people running around to make it feel busy.
    Last edited by Asharoth; 27th October 2015 at 08:46.
    Ashareth: Assassin (80) - Tsong: Ranger (80) - Ashoreth: Dark Templar (80) - Belidos: Conqueror (80)
    Ashorath: Guardian (52) - Asharoth: Priest of Mitra (80) - Asheera: Tempest of Set (80)

Quote Originally Posted by Asharoth View Post
    Yeah...
    Also, i'd like to say how pleasantly surprised I was, I decided to start a new character to get used to the mechanics again and while running through Tortage the game actually feels really healthy player wise, I was actually having to race against other players to get click items because there were so many people about, and I actually formed a full group to kill red hand in the dungeon so we could all get credit because we were stealing each others kills. It really shows to me that the game is still health and well populated, despite what I had been hearing here and on other game forums. Granted it's not wow busy or even close to it's hay day, but there's still more than enough people running around to make it feel busy.
    With the achievement system; there are a few people trying to level toons to get "purists" achievements. But FYSA ~ many people still run through the lower level content to just get off Tortage and then PL in Kheshetta(sp). By no means is the game dead. I can still find groups to hang with quite frequently.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    With the achievement system; there are a few people trying to level toons to get "purists" achievements. But FYSA ~ many people still run through the lower level content to just get off Tortage and then PL in Kheshetta(sp). By no means is the game dead. I can still find groups to hang with quite frequently.
    Talking of achievements, had to laugh last night when my pom found an npc with something about achievements in his tag, I though let's have a look see what this is all about and spoke to him, nearly an hour after I had gone through all his options I was still being spammed with a continuous stream of achievement notifications lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sloejinn View Post
    Already paid them for their product.
    and you need to keep paying for the service.

This is the latest in a long line of miserable tramp threads. The cost of subscribing is pennies a day and even the worlds most homeless man could afford it. So what it really comes down to is bitter stinginess from sections of modern society who think they're entitled to goods and services for the tidy sum of sweet FA. I can guarantee if someone tried to suggest that they give their own services for nothing they'd take umbrage with that notion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post

This is the latest in a long line of miserable tramp threads. The cost of subscribing is pennies a day and even the worlds most homeless man could afford it. So what it really comes down to is bitter stinginess from sections of modern society who think they're entitled to goods and services for the tidy sum of sweet FA. I can guarantee if someone tried to suggest that they give their own services for nothing they'd take umbrage with that notion.
    Then it must be a miracle that other products out there like Guild Wars 2 mange to survive without subscription, one only has to buy a game once. Or SW TOR which switched from subscription to f2p model and currently gets more and more expansions, also with some unorthodox movements like single player stories and stuff.
    What people like you fail to see is that Conan claiming to be a f2p product locks about 70% of the content from the f2p players, even the oldest instances and raids some of which you have no other reason to visit than while leveling. For everything above everyone has to not only purchase expansions (Khitai and Turan) but pay every month for playing them. On the top of that you have an item shop which rather fits f2p games than ones with subscription (not to mention how overpriced some things are), which has all kinds of boosts and services (potions, rings, additional feat and so on) which nobody "forces" you to buy but everyone is encouraged to do, and many do.
    Add to that a "content packs" like Vanaheim for which you have to pay again and you can pretty much see a most broken model in the market which pretends to be player friendly with f2p offer, but in fact requires monthly payments and occasional ones for new (like Vanaheim is actually new ...) content and with item shop that totally does not suit this.

Besides, your claim of of the cost "in pennies a day" is very relative, check the average income per day for countries like India or China which are pretty big markets. It can be a very low price if you are person living in a western Europe or United States, but there are also other places with different economical situation. I'd also think you should be a little bit more tactful with such comments.

And last point, what services exactly you think of when you speak of Funcom ? Because the subscription is pretty much the same, but amount of employees, servers and content is multiple times lower than 3-4 years ago. Considering the difference in the development statues of AoC and TSW I had a bad feelings that large part of subscription actually goes for TSW or the "smart" ideas like Lego. I dont see too many services they provide us anymore. And no, by no means I'd expect them to give everything for free. Just to make this system a bit more realistic and user friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post

Money has absolutely nothing to do with this, if you had actually read the thread instead of assuming then you would have seen that I already said that I would be paying a subscription anyway (and am), the issue is what is called where I work a "double drop", where you pay for something then have to pay again to use that something, it's like taking out insurance on your car only to be told when you have a claim that you have to pay again for them to process the claim, it's a matter of principle not money.

**edited
    So that this doesn't hurt anyone's feelings.

Last edited by Mustaine; 17th December 2015 at 01:03.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast