Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AoC log file full of errors

Default AoC log file full of errors

So since I am still trying to solve this lag issue I contacted a GM, they said that I should sent them the log files and delete my Preferences folder so the Lags would disappear. But of course it didn't helped at all. So, the GM was telling me that in the Log files were a lot of errors that are affected by the RDB files which is not normal. He told me to delete some files and run the patchersetup again to solve this. I did it like he said but still, if I take a look into the AgeOfConan logfile there are thousands of errors. I asked the GM why the errors are still there but my ticked got closed.
    Has anyone else the "AgeOfConan"-logfile (is in the main directory as a .txt file) full off errors? And could that really be the issue that is causing the Mini lags?

I dont know if the error log file is ageofconan.txt or something else but I have a .txt file with 6435 lines with 1024 letters on each line.. And I dont have any issues.

What is the "mini lag" you are talking about? When does it happen?
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Have not heard of this problem before, the first thing I can think of is errors on the harddrive you got the game on.

Try to install the game on a different harddrive.

If you dont have a different harddrive, boot your system with a usb startup disk and do this command

chkdsk /f /b

Should find all errors and faults on your drive, if any.

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    I dont know if the error log file is ageofconan.txt or something else but I have a .txt file with 6435 lines with 1024 letters on each line.. And I dont have any issues.

What is the "mini lag" you are talking about? When does it happen?
    Yes it is this file. The GM said that there were too many errors in it but if the file shows the same for you it seems to be normal like this.
    These Mini Lags are very annoying, my latency suddenly jump up to 632ms just out of nowhere every 10 seconds or so. Sometimes you don't even see this lag happening on the latency/FPS display (FPS are totally fine it is the latency), it just stays at 123ms but still nothing is happening anymore. My combos get interrupted and disappear, my character gets teleported back (rubberband) a few meters, 0.5 sec casts do not appear on cast bar anymore (the basic thing: I am pressing buttons but nothing happens and then a second later everything happens at once), that completely destroys the gameplay. I already checked everything else (if there are ISP problems, background programms or something like that but everything is OK). The GM even told me to do some cmd commands (tracert to AoC IPs and so on) but they didn't show any problems (Well, GM didn't told me of any problems when I sent him the results).
    Last edited by xCodename; 13th October 2015 at 16:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Have not heard of this problem before, the first thing I can think of is errors on the harddrive you got the game on.

Try to install the game on a different harddrive.

If you dont have a different harddrive, boot your system with a usb startup disk and do this command

chkdsk /f /b

Should find all errors and faults on your drive, if any.
    I did this and no errors were found.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    I did this and no errors were found.
    I used to have constant game lag with Aoc/Vent with my old ISP (Comcast), but everything else would run without a thought. I internet tethered with my cell phone and the lag disappeared, but obviously used my data. I ended up dropping them because they didn't have a clue how to fix it.

Is there a way you can try another internet source?
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Yes it is this file. The GM said that there were too many errors in it but if the file shows the same for you it seems to be normal like this.
    These Mini Lags are very annoying, my latency suddenly jump up to 632ms just out of nowhere every 10 seconds or so. Sometimes you don't even see this lag happening on the latency/FPS display (FPS are totally fine it is the latency), it just stays at 123ms but still nothing is happening anymore. My combos get interrupted and disappear, my character gets teleported back (rubberband) a few meters, 0.5 sec casts do not appear on cast bar anymore (the basic thing: I am pressing buttons but nothing happens and then a second later everything happens at once), that completely destroys the gameplay. I already checked everything else (if there are ISP problems, background programms or something like that but everything is OK). The GM even told me to do some cmd commands (tracert to AoC IPs and so on) but they didn't show any problems (Well, GM didn't told me of any problems when I sent him the results).
    Try this program https://www.wtfast.com/ it might improve things and the basic is free. Just select aoc or make a custom game where you select ageofconan.exe and then you manually select an option nearby and see if that fixes anything. Could even select one on the east coast of murica.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Is there a way you can try another internet source?
    No sadly not.
    But all other games run totally fine regarding the latency only AoC having problems again... I am not sure what I could try out since I already did (I think) everything I could besides a new installation of the game.

Dont know what is wrong but I had the same problem as you 2 times in the past,I wasnt able to play at all because every few seconds I was getting these strange lag spikes while I could write in chat normally without delay or anything,my character was stuck and after some minutes of totall stuck I was seeing everything that happened in that period in fast forward.This problem both times that it happened to me it started occuring out of nowhere and both times it dissapeared in 7-10 days out of nowhere again.
    IVORY TOWER

Quote Originally Posted by zeuss View Post
    Dont know what is wrong but I had the same problem as you 2 times in the past,I wasnt able to play at all because every few seconds I was getting these strange lag spikes while I could write in chat normally without delay or anything,my character was stuck and after some minutes of totall stuck I was seeing everything that happened in that period in fast forward.This problem both times that it happened to me it started occuring out of nowhere and both times it dissapeared in 7-10 days out of nowhere again.
    Yes, the problem came out of nowhere (around 3 weeks ago) and sometimes just disappears (on Saturday and Sunday morning I could play totally normal, then on evening it got horrible again)...

@Fass I try that out but in the other thread some people said that this programm won't work for AoC anymore.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast