Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is wrong with this class??

Default What is wrong with this class??

I've been playing necromancer in pvp for 1.5 years now. I haven't changed my spec to anything that has changed the play style of my necro, but actually was good. It's not that the class is over powered or under powered; imo its average. There is only one good caster spec, something like this:

http://goo.gl/LaS9ly

There is only a few options you may want to switch around (more points in motd if you prefer), but other than that you have the best caster pvp spec there is. DON'T tell me bones of winter & touch of winter are good. If you feat that you will loose a root/snare breaker, 72 magic damage, and some armor/protection. In exchange for a snare that we already have and 25% increase to gelid bones (300-500ish damage, and that's being generous).

There are tons of spells that are useless: Parasitic soul swarm, draw forth the heart (other than shackled hearts), gelid bones (MAYBE vs. healers, healing affect sucks), life leech, deathly blizzard, unholy hands, and so many more. Those are just the ones from the top of my head. Does ANYONE else get pissed off by this? Classes like dt, barb, and sin (other classes i've played) have all different play styles for pvp. Necro has one good one. Everything else is "ok" or ****.
    United S.E.X.Y. Boys
    Fury PVP

Nickolous - pvp 10 necro
    Willows pvp 7 sin
    Chicke pvp 6 dt

Best DOTer, DWWer, and DOOMer in fury

Yes, skill tree is broken with many completely useless spell. Either they are crap because of the coef., or they are simply bad just because the raw damage value is too low. Somtime, it's also because the spell is flawed by design (e.g. a root breaking under his own dot). It's too bad, because some of them could actually be quite interesting.

Soul frost / Decay, for instance. Both acting in reverse : One to be cast at the very start of the fight, the other at the very end, when the mob is under 10%. On paper it's a neat concept, in game it's less interesting : both spell are crap because the mana consumption is too damn high for a very low damage, quite long cast and ridiculous return on the promised side effect (Mana / health gain barely noticeable. I'm not even sure that the mana gain from soul frost is enough to cover the mana cost of the spell even if cast at the right time).

Gelid bone could have been interesting with the end-tree buff but it's still lame as hell, and the points invested aren't worth it since Grip of Death as it is right now is not worth casting either.

All in all, yes, the Necromancer feat tree is a broken mess, and yes, slight adjustments / light revamp would be very welcome. But it doesn't seems to be on the calendar, despite the very old promise of mage revamp (HoX got it, though).
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

pretty much any veteran player who played class over 200 days has reported all known issues with full detail to devs they cant be bothered to fix class.

check testlive thread some of the classic broken features necromancer class has remain broken to this day.
    .pets dying randomly on sw
    .misplaced feats
    .useless feats
    .broken feats
    .useless spells
    .useless pet killing fear
    .pvp stats not afecting pets

all has been reported in detail not just from myself but from a lot of others who reported in private to followers of asura on test live and developers.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    pretty much any veteran player who played class over 200 days has reported all known issues with full detail to devs they cant be bothered to fix class.

check testlive thread some of the classic broken features necromancer class has remain broken to this day.
    .pets dying randomly on sw
    .misplaced feats
    .useless feats
    .broken feats
    .useless spells
    .useless pet killing fear
    .pvp stats not afecting pets

all has been reported in detail not just from myself but from a lot of others who reported in private to followers of asura on test live and developers.
    Isn't the dying pets an intended side-effect of spellweaving as a necro, similar to dmg vulnerability and mana drain? I haven't played my necro for years, but I feel like I've seen an debuff icon about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Isn't the dying pets an intended side-effect of spellweaving as a necro, similar to dmg vulnerability and mana drain? I haven't played my necro for years, but I feel like I've seen an debuff icon about it.
    nope its a bug wich has been unfixed for years and seemingly random
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Nickolous13 View Post
    Silence of the Dead in a pvp spec? You'd better put that point in either Unholy power or Unholy Fortitude since you've specced the Blighted Ones. Same with the point in Frost Reach, it could give you either more protection or Void.

But yeah, the trees have been broken for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    Soul frost / Decay, for instance. Both acting in reverse : One to be cast at the very start of the fight, the other at the very end, when the mob is under 10%. On paper it's a neat concept, in game it's less interesting : both spell are crap because the mana consumption is too damn high for a very low damage, quite long cast and ridiculous return on the promised side effect (Mana / health gain barely noticeable. I'm not even sure that the mana gain from soul frost is enough to cover the mana cost of the spell even if cast at the right time).
    Soul Frost and Decay were fine in 1.04, but were nerfed in 1.05 along with Grip of Death (this one was clearly overpowered back then.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    nope its a bug wich has been unfixed for years and seemingly random
    How do you know? 'Rebellious spirit' buff from spellweave sounds like it might kill of random pets. It always happens when a new stack of spellweave appears so could be that every time that buff has like a 5% chance to kill a pet.

I don't think devs even know at this point. Just like 'storm of arrows' had no proper documentation apart from 'can be triggered after archer miniboss dies'. They could try to remove 'rebellious spirit' from SW and see if that fixes the issue but if it's a part of intended design there is no reason to remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    How do you know? 'Rebellious spirit' buff from spellweave sounds like it might kill of random pets. It always happens when a new stack of spellweave appears so could be that every time that buff has like a 5% chance to kill a pet.

I don't think devs even know at this point. Just like 'storm of arrows' had no proper documentation apart from 'can be triggered after archer miniboss dies'. They could try to remove 'rebellious spirit' from SW and see if that fixes the issue but if it's a part of intended design there is no reason to remove it.
    its a bug its been reported for years no fix.
    please check testlive forum.
    i am sure if it was intended a dev would have said so when it was first reported years ago... on testlive
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

With all respect to devs but I honestly think they don't have a clue about this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    Silence of the Dead in a pvp spec? You'd better put that point in either Unholy power or Unholy Fortitude since you've specced the Blighted Ones. Same with the point in Frost Reach, it could give you either more protection or Void.
    That whole feat line in that spec is mostly for the 30% chill damage. I feat everything else in that tree that is useful but still needs more points to be feated. I did this on my phone so if I missed a point sorry.
    Last edited by Nickolous13; 3rd October 2015 at 00:32.
    United S.E.X.Y. Boys
    Fury PVP

Nickolous - pvp 10 necro
    Willows pvp 7 sin
    Chicke pvp 6 dt

Best DOTer, DWWer, and DOOMer in fury

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast