Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Age of Conan: Destiny Quest Audio Adventure on YouTube!

Default Age of Conan: Destiny Quest Audio Adventure on YouTube!

Hello all!

I have started to upload a project on YouTube that took me 500+ hours to make. Something that started small and became very big (had I known what it entailed, I would've never started :-) It's an audio version of AoC's Destiny Quest, using 100% sounds, voices and music from the game. Think of it as a radio adaptation of AoC...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sru_...Y2w67tvRX54jsl

Since AoC's dialogue is voiced only for the NPCs (and not the player), it took a lot of editing to make it sound natural. I benefited from a sound extractor that gave me access to all the game files, many of which didn't make the final cut, that gave me a lot of choices when editing. This whole thing was made as a love letter to a game I have enjoyed very much, and as a way to forever remember the adventures of the Liberator of Tortage.

As I post this, I've uploaded the first 20 chapters, which brings us to the 2nd Volcano mission. The rest will follow in the next few days/weeks (57 more chapters just to finish the Destiny Quest, and then 17 more for the Godslayer Quest, for a whopping total running time of more than 7.5 hours!). I know it's not for everyone, but for me, listening to this on my iPod in bed at night is like having someone read me a fun and bloody bedtime story.

If you like it, don't hesitate to subscribe so you can receive notifications when the next chapters are up.

Cheers and happy listening!

(POM: Mitramiral, Necro: Necramiral, Barb: Cromiral)

its like discovering the game again, a great experiencie. thank you!
    meh...

This is great, thanks! I especially enjoy listening to audio books and content such as this while driving.

Wow, you did a great job with these.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Wow, you did a great job with these.
    Thanks for the kind words! I will upload some more tonight.
    Last edited by Conamiral; 20th September 2015 at 22:54.

That's great, thx! It reminds me of the CDs in AD&D box sets. ^^
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra

I have added 23 more chapters, which brings me to the conclusion of the Phoenix of the South quest. 34 more chapters to go until the Grim Grey God and Thoth-Amon are defeated... And then I'll post the Godslayer quest. And after that... well, I got 31 random quests to share. So basically, this will never end :-)

This is so awesome! Thanks for making this!
    Last edited by xCodename; 19th September 2015 at 13:05.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    This is so awesome! Thanks for making this!
    My pleasure. I did this project for myself only, but my girlfriend convinced me to put it on YouTube. And now that I know that others enjoy it too, it makes it all worthwhile.

This is amazing. I can't believe there's so much unused voice acting in the game files - especially considering how sparse voice acting becomes post-Tortage. Well done!

EDIT: interesting that there is dialogue supporting conqs, toses, poms as a class choice for Khitans. Especially the dialogue about poms, suggesting that there's some dark secret there.
    Last edited by Greyloins; 20th September 2015 at 12:43.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast