Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Hooray ? Consists of ... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Utogi View Post
    I like the arcade style as you put (please try skyforge to at least understand what im talking about) because if I move out of the way of melee im not still getting tagged for maximum damage 30 feet away simply because the finisher landed.... not a lot of skill with that at all.
    That's related to the combo root. Ofc you get full damage if you move away during the combo, because the melee is rooted for the duration of the finisher. Overall, I wouldn't say that this plays out in favour of the melee, since casters get some free time to reposition themselves, use a quick CC, etc.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Seriously? AoC has by far the best combat system. It's the only unique feature that sets it apart from the rest of the mainstream MMOs and you want to change it to yet another 5 button BS like in any other game? Well, no thanks.

And even if you were right, I highly doubt it's even technically possible at this point, not to mention the insane amount of time and resources it would require.

This game needs new players and a new direction, our time is over.
    Bye bye. Enjoy Skyforge.
    Pogecor - PvP 10 Guardian
    Micinecka - PvP 10 Priest of Mitra
    Pichalka - PvP 10 Assassin

I like the arcade style as you put (please try skyforge to at least understand what im talking about) because if I move out of the way of melee im not still getting tagged for maximum damage 30 feet away simply because the finisher landed.... not a lot of skill with that at all. .
    Well to be fair the combat in age of conan is similar to the arcade system you are referring to in respect to the last step in the combos. You are receiving full damage because you are in fact close enough to the target for him to tag you, exactly as if it were a one-button skill. What you are seeing is the animation, and what it sounds like you are asking for is not being damaged for the duration of the animation so long as you move out of the way. Funcom as successfully addressed this by debuffing how much you get hit for by how many tags the attacker misses, so if you are being hit for x-amount of damage and run 30 meters away half way through the finisher animation its your own fault for getting hit for each step in his or her combo. I may be misunderstanding, but it sounds as if you're defending a playstyle that has been the bain of frustration in melee combat since the begining simply because you are on the receiving end of the damage (introduce: kiting.)
    Last edited by Mysticblood; 10th September 2015 at 11:58.
    Anuhart
    Mysticblood
    Holyssmoke

Alienware Area 51 990x 4.30GHz
    Water-cooled Radeon R9 290X

fun fact, AoC was never supposed to be a pve game
    If AoC had been PvP only, I'd've never even started, let alone subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pogec View Post
    Seriously? AoC has by far the best combat system. It's the only unique feature that sets it apart from the rest of the mainstream MMOs and you want to change it to yet another 5 button BS like in any other game? Well, no thanks.
    What he said.

From what I saw, skyforge looks like flash-animated junk.

fun fact, AoC was never supposed to be a pve game
    Prove it or stick your "facts" where the sun don't shine...
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    Prove it or stick your "facts" where the sun don't shine...
    Well it is a fact, aoc was advertised as pvp game, combat system made for pvp, heal system made for pvp, but funcom wanted to go with mainstream bullcrap and tried to copy wow with khitai and failed horribly, result, dead wannabe pve game with poorly made and low amount of content, just because you are here to play pve does not mean this was made for pve
    now now, im not pve hater since I do it too, but im not fanboy who can't see the truth when its right next to your eyes.
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    Well it is a fact, aoc was advertised as pvp game, combat system made for pvp, heal system made for pvp
    This is a myth which has been debunked by Gaute in Slith's awesome interview:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaute Godager
    2. have you developed AOC as a PVP centric game or PVE centric? Or perhaps have you tried to reach some kind of optimal balance between those two types of content?

We said we tried to do both. But I guess we didn't really believe the game could stand on its own without good PVE, and felt that not many PvP centric games made it big, back then - so PVE drove the development. It changes with time. I might have made it differently today.
    Now now, I'm not a PvP hater (currently doing more of it than I do PvE), but if the original game director and vision owner says that the focus was on PvE, I find it difficult to prove him wrong...
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    This is a myth which has been debunked by Gaute in Slith's awesome interview:

Now now, I'm not a PvP hater (currently doing more of it than I do PvE), but if the original game director and vision owner says that the focus was on PvE, I find it difficult to prove him wrong...
    Thx for posting some facts Rath
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    Well it is a fact, aoc was advertised as pvp game, combat system made for pvp, heal system made for pvp, but funcom wanted to go with mainstream bullcrap and tried to copy wow with khitai and failed horribly, result, dead wannabe pve game with poorly made and low amount of content, just because you are here to play pve does not mean this was made for pve
    now now, im not pve hater since I do it too, but im not fanboy who can't see the truth when its right next to your eyes.
    pff. read Rath's post. This is not the first time he posted that link, now he actually provide facts...

Ps. I have been pvp'ing in various games since Doom1 so pls, spare me the crap.

I don't pvp in AOC since that part of the game in my opinion is a broken mess. There are plenty of better pvp games out there.
    and others...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast