Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hooray ? Consists of ... ?

Default The Last Hooray ? Consists of ... ?

Everyone know it is getting down to the wire with all of the games from Funcom.

As a player, what would you want funcom to do as a last hooray to try and gain players again ? (besides banning me :P )

remove pvp ranks from gear and make all pvp gear monetized. 3
    Would like to see some kind of anti cheats initiated.
    Make sieges more accessible to all players and not just guilds by creating some kind of Bori region that does more about fighting each other then mining and altars.
    When Bori was introduced it was a lot of fun with full guild vs guild, but that has diminished, so reinventing the zone would be a suggestion great mid term goal.
    Listen to the community (period) This is it, this is coming to an end, what else can go wrong by listening to the peopoe who have loved this game since 2003's firstnews blurbed that a conan mmo was being made.
    Last edited by Utogi; 8th September 2015 at 18:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Utogi View Post
    Everyone know it is getting down to the wire with all of the games from Funcom.

As a player, what would you want funcom to do as a last hooray to try and gain players again ? (besides banning me :P )
    "remove pvp ranks from gear and make all pvp gear monetized. 3 "

This may fill in the gear gap. But I suspect alot of outrage. I honestly wouldn't care anymore.

"Would like to see some kind of anti cheats initiated. "

Game engine doesn't support it. Would take resources to create that they don't have.

"Make sieges more accessible to all players and not just guilds by creating some kind of Bori region that does more about fighting each other then mining and altars."

Lag-tastic failed bug fests. No thanks.

"When Bori was introduced it was a lot of fun with full guild vs guild, but that has diminished, so reinventing the zone would be a suggestion great mid term goal.
    Listen to the community (period) This is it, this is coming to an end, what else can go wrong by listening to the peopoe who have loved this game since 2003's firstnews blurbed that a conan mmo was being made."

I would support a overhaul of this to make it fun for competition, but again unless you have a 1 dollar idea, it will never happen.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    "remove pvp ranks from gear and make all pvp gear monetized. 3 "

This may fill in the gear gap. But I suspect alot of outrage. I honestly wouldn't care anymore.
    Only if they offered full T4 raid gear with their instant lvl 80 character offer, this may fill the gear gap with pvp T3 gear and T5 and T6 raid gear. But i suspect a lot of outrage too.

Or hey, they could make all PvP minigames subscription only!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Or hey, they could make all PvP minigames subscription only!!!!
    my opinion making content less accessible is not the right direction at this point and time.

I tried to play AoC just few hours ago and the thing that is strikingly different between Aoc and the other games I'm playing is combat.

Simply put, this combat system is dated and broken.

A last Hooray wish would be to make the combat more action based with click action combos system like skyforge. Simplify the button rotation and stream line the entire combat system into a really fast paced action mmo, like it was originally intended from the 2004 footage. Reworking the combat system would in my opinion bring a lot of people back to atleast check out the new combat mode. Skyforge combat is ridiculously fast paced and extremely competitive, I think it would be amazing style of combat in AoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Utogi View Post
    my opinion making content less accessible is not the right direction at this point and time.

I tried to play AoC just few hours ago and the thing that is strikingly different between Aoc and the other games I'm playing is combat.

Simply put, this combat system is dated and broken.

A last Hooray wish would be to make the combat more action based with click action combos system like skyforge. Simplify the button rotation and stream line the entire combat system into a really fast paced action mmo, like it was originally intended from the 2004 footage. Reworking the combat system would in my opinion bring a lot of people back to atleast check out the new combat mode. Skyforge combat is ridiculously fast paced and extremely competitive, I think it would be amazing style of combat in AoC.
    I just took a look at a Skyforge combat video, and it appears to just be a simple spamming click combat game similar to Diablo 3.

Not only could Funcom never make that drastic of a change to AoC's combat system, but I believe almost the entire player base would revolt and quit at having the combat system dumbed down like that.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    I just took a look at a Skyforge combat video, and it appears to just be a simple spamming click combat game similar to Diablo 3.

Not only could Funcom never make that drastic of a change to AoC's combat system, but I believe almost the entire player base would revolt and quit at having the combat system dumbed down like that.
    I disagree respectfully. I thought the same thing, less buttons, mouse combos , it was so simple ? With how the game is skill based and not level based, it actually an amazing system. I would suggest trying it before writing it off, because I was thinking when I firs tried the skyforge system, "what a load of crap, .." now that I have 8 classes unlocked I see the beauty in the simplistic complexity of "skill synergy".

Age of Conan was on the write track in the pre alpha stages, I would love to see the game redone to that initial idea of that Conan world. Aiming the bow, mounted combat ect. I think all those things work with a new modern combat system. It would give AoC a new pair of legs and a fresh feeling.

Pre-Alpha, Alpha and even into the beta this game has sooooooo much potential. It makes me sad to see how poorly it lived up to that potential.

I still love the game. For me it's still the best out there until an actually decent sandbox game hits the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarundr View Post
    Pre-Alpha, Alpha and even into the beta this game has sooooooo much potential. It makes me sad to see how poorly it lived up to that potential.

I still love the game. For me it's still the best out there until an actually decent sandbox game hits the scene.
    this was one of the things a long the way that got me excited : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc4EHT7H3v4

THe game was so close to be the first true action based mmo,, and now action based mmos are becoming the norm..
    Last edited by Utogi; 9th September 2015 at 05:08.

Thanks for posting! Ah, the memories.

edit*
    Watched too many old videos I'm sad now :'(
    I want THAT game!
    Last edited by Jarundr; 9th September 2015 at 05:36.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast