Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Development letter for August.

Default Development letter for August.

Read it
    here
    http://www.ageofconan.com/news/month...te_august_2015

Discuss it here.

Not much new information except they are considering keeping t5 Setbonus on t6 plus a generic t6 buff unless I missunderstood
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

https://video-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hv...a8&oe=55E5963D
    disco is coming back prepare for the blondes in tight outfits and men with staches and high heel boots
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

So nothing new, and they talk about the 3rd and 4th bosses, mmh, is sezmra aware we've already worked on the 5th one too, that the 3rd and 4th are not even available right now since the 1st and 5th ones have been tweaked and brought back and are being tested right now ? Basically there is only 1 boss left to be seen, everything else has been already tested and received feedbacks from the raid teams.
    And from what i see, T6 is far from being ready when it comes to encounters balance.

I feel like if any player raiding on TL had made the monthly letter, it would have been more insightful and informative for the playerbase.

Anyway.

I reallty fear the worst about the T6 set bonuses.

The ones from T5 gear were really bad for some classes, and linked to completely useless and equally bad combos. I'm thinking about counterstrike for jugg guards, i could not have been more unhappy about this one.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

"Realistically, creating twelve separate sets of visuals is simply not feasible with the resources available to us."

If this game were TSW, it would be. Honestly, how much longer would it take?

This will be the last tier for this game that has any artwork to be new. Why can't they take the time to make it nice instead of always cutting corners. It really is pathetic.
    Last edited by Halfdead; 1st September 2015 at 13:22.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

not even the manpower to design 12 different sets?! arent u ashamed? i hope someone buys that game and gives some love it. it deserves that.

Quote Originally Posted by Filter3 View Post
    not even the manpower to design 12 different sets?! arent u ashamed? i hope someone buys that game and gives some love it. it deserves that.
    be happy what u get dear, funcom is completly bankrupt, I doubt I ever go t6, but props for 1-2 guys still working
    The Law

i've been following development letters ever since aoc-launch and i very much appreciate those honest words in this one.

"Realistically, creating twelve separate sets of visuals is simply not feasible with the resources available to us."

Is this the same company that wants to tackle new AA, new weapons and combos for all classes and crafting revamp?
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post

Is this the same company that wants to tackle new AA, new weapons and combos for all classes and crafting revamp?
    They probably took away the one computer with the editor software on it and locked it away in the TSW or lego office

Seriously: If that statement is believed to be even somewhat true, you should think of investing a bit in good editor software and outsource some creative processes to the community.

Well, both Cirith and Pyzerius are content designers / encounter scripters. I suppose they have to negotiate really hard with the TSW team (nominally the "live games" team) to get visual artists / graphics designers to dedicate a few hours to AoC.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast