Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Development letter for August.

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    And trolling again .
    When you don't even understand that term then its not my problem .

And yeah if you are not pvp4 you can't buy the most important parts except in the store
    You trying to prove me wrong ? I didn't say pvpt2 is much better than pvpt1, that's just another offspring of your imagination.

There are people you simply shouldn't use any energy to discuss with , that being said I will ignore your future posts

Ah..you are of that kind.
    I guess you just want an answer to the reply you wrote to my post.

" Pvpt4 gear ? So pvp1-3s would get even more slaughtered than now ? "

If veterans who been in the game for many years can finally get something new to play for pvp wise, for the cost of pvp lvl 1-3 get slaughtered ( ) even more...for another week or so until they get T1 main pieces.
    Yes sure, no doubt..

If they follow the stat upgrade scale from T1-T2-T3 ..the differences wont be much anyways.

Introduction of T6 is too long. The players leave the game. Our guild begins to break down...
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    Introduction of T6 is too long. The players leave the game. Our guild begins to break down...
    I agree, no new updates on TL for last month.

I'm expecting t6 to be live late September or possibly early October. All except 1 boss have been on test and I assume last one won't be on test for long until patch hits live. Possibly 1 week unless something is seriously ****ed up with the last boss.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    I'm expecting t6 to be live late September or possibly early October. All except 1 boss have been on test and I assume last one won't be on test for long until patch hits live. Possibly 1 week unless something is seriously ****ed up with the last boss.
    I also expect to see T6 in October, I'm thinking they are working on the gear stats, etc not the fights themselves.

Id be surprised if it were released this year honestly.

I don`t expect to see it released this year neither, but once it is on live server it will be interesting to see how many guilds will go there with increased difficulty and loot comparable to (nerfed and very easy) T4.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahaqa View Post
    I don`t expect to see it released this year neither, but once it is on live server it will be interesting to see how many guilds will go there with increased difficulty and loot comparable to (nerfed and very easy) T4.
    My prediction is all guilds who are clearing T5 head into T6. Other guilds working on T5 may attempt T6 for fun a few nights, and only push hard on it if they hear the first fight is relatively easy, easier than the T5 boss they are banging their heads against (Vistrix). Currently unknown is how the easy mode will effect things.

Guilds working on / clearing T5 who haven't cleared T3.5 will start working on T3.5 in addition to T5.

Other guilds who previously only did T1-T3, will step up to the next highest raid tier (most skipping 3.5). T4 guilds may move down into T3.5 in addition to T4.

I agree with Fass and Texan615, and believe T6 is somewhat right around the corner. But we'll probably see the raid nerfs come first, and then give a few weeks to fix all the bugs they create from the nerfs. Mid to late october, or even early november should be a relatively sane estimate of T6 release.

There aren't many people left working full time on Age of Conan. Since it was said in the letter:

"Our developers enjoyed a much deserved break in July but are back hard at work on Age of Conan!"
    That would incline there is more than one developer, but not more than two or three since work could not continue during the July break. So there is no reason to believe things will happen faster now than before. The fact there has not been appointed a new game director after Joel Bylos got reassigned puts an underline to the speculations of Funcoms priorities towards this game. Sadly, because Age of Conan is the only game that I know of on the market without the disco-ball light effects and cartoonish/manga style graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    The fact there has not been appointed a new game director after Joel Bylos got reassigned puts an underline to the speculations of Funcoms priorities towards this game. Sadly, because Age of Conan is the only game that I know of on the market without the disco-ball light effects and cartoonish/manga style graphics.
    It really bugs me how everyone equates 'no new game director' to mean 'Funcom's games are doomed to never get proper content', usually with the emphasis that AoC is even worse off from TSW after the GD left. Remember the entire Dev Team + GD have been responsible for working on all 3 MMO's.

In reality, no specific Game Director position is not going to change things appreciably. The tasks of a GD are being handled by the dev team and production is continuing on just like it was when Bylos was GD.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast