Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: #Fury needs a dedicated PREMADE day a week#

Yes, Please tell!
    I didn't know <100 was even possible from europe. I'm at 100-150 on a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    Yes, Please tell!
    I didn't know <100 was even possible from europe. I'm at 100-150 on a good day.
    Same for me . Mostly between 130 and 170 . On some days it is very unstable and goes down to <90ms for half a sec, followed by a red bar and a game freeze . Then you can just lag out and wait a day.

Was trying Battleping and WTFast , to at least get rid of the red bars and gamefreezes . However none of these programs seems I can get to work with AoC
    Last edited by slackjoint; 7th November 2015 at 18:09.
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

There is no secret really and it's not a matter of a speed either. It's just that my provider is giving me a perfect route to the AoC servers. I get 9ms to Google (8.8.8.8) right now and was getting 25ms before (same provider, different location) - that translated to about 97ms to AoC servers so there's nothing shocking here (82+15=97), the overall improvement in latency just makes it easier to drop below 100.
    Some days I've had to use a VPN to get my ping back because the routing would go nuts (but not often), it's likely I'll sometimes need it here too since it's the same provider.

If you can ping a server based in London at 20ms or less, then it shouldn't be a problem to have sub 100ms on AoC. Someone living in London with fiber should have no problem getting something like 75ms either, unless their provider sucks. The fastest EU/US links are between New York and the UK in any case*. If you have 15ms to London and 150ms to AoC for example, that's purely your ISP messing with you, and that's what I'd use a VPN for (Battleping, WTFFast etc. are VPNs although very game-oriented).

Of course in game ping looks a little different, but then it's clearly not a very accurate meter either - I can see it drop to something stupid like 40ms sometimes - which is obvious ******** since that would defy the laws of physics. Still right now in game it's mostly hovering in the 90-100ms range. I think it might represent network latency + server or client latency or something like that but I bet no one from FC knows anymore. It is clearly affected by server load but I have a feeling it is also affected by the clients performance (such as when it shows a clearly wrong low value when the client freezes because it's loading assets or w/e).

Pinging dm09-nj4.ageofconan.com gives a good idea of what your real ping is like, though there are several more IPs that are used by AoC's servers and they tend to each give slightly different results (which explains why you can be laggy in a zone and not in others).

*last I checked the fatest link is 59ms from New York to London - built for traders though
    Last edited by kalston; 7th November 2015 at 19:18.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

pinged that ip and got 82 ms, wish i had that in game :')

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10240]
    (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. Alle rechten voorbehouden.

C:\Users\Pim>ping dm09-nj4.ageofconan.com

Pinging dm09-nj4.ageofconan.com [37.18.192.43] with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 37.18.192.43: bytes=32 time=82ms TTL=53

Ping statistics for 37.18.192.43:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 82ms, Maximum = 82ms, Average = 82ms

C:\Users\Pim>

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    There is no secret really and it's not a matter of a speed either. It's just that my provider is giving me a perfect route to the AoC servers. I get 9ms to Google (8.8.8.8) right now and was getting 25ms before (same provider, different location) - that translated to about 97ms to AoC servers so there's nothing shocking here (82+15=97), the overall improvement in latency just makes it easier to drop below 100.
    Some days I've had to use a VPN to get my ping back because the routing would go nuts (but not often), it's likely I'll sometimes need it here too since it's the same provider.

If you can ping a server based in London at 20ms or less, then it shouldn't be a problem to have sub 100ms on AoC. Someone living in London with fiber should have no problem getting something like 75ms either, unless their provider sucks. The fastest EU/US links are between New York and the UK in any case*. If you have 15ms to London and 150ms to AoC for example, that's purely your ISP messing with you, and that's what I'd use a VPN for (Battleping, WTFFast etc. are VPNs although very game-oriented).

Of course in game ping looks a little different, but then it's clearly not a very accurate meter either - I can see it drop to something stupid like 40ms sometimes - which is obvious ******** since that would defy the laws of physics. Still right now in game it's mostly hovering in the 90-100ms range. I think it might represent network latency + server or client latency or something like that but I bet no one from FC knows anymore. It is clearly affected by server load but I have a feeling it is also affected by the clients performance (such as when it shows a clearly wrong low value when the client freezes because it's loading assets or w/e).

Pinging dm09-nj4.ageofconan.com gives a good idea of what your real ping is like, though there are several more IPs that are used by AoC's servers and they tend to each give slightly different results (which explains why you can be laggy in a zone and not in others).

*last I checked the fatest link is 59ms from New York to London - built for traders though
    I just checked mine, got almost 30 ms to Sheffield servers where it is about 30 miles to Sheffield from my home, must be that my internet provider sux or smth else
    Sarcopthes- main, retired barb
    Rugewit - young beast, bs

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcopthes View Post
    I just checked mine, got almost 30 ms to Sheffield servers where it is about 30 miles to Sheffield from my home, must be that my internet provider sux or smth else
    You can get under 100? 😃😃 i am around 130-150 going under 100 would be a nice thing!!
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    If you have 15ms to London and 150ms to AoC for example, that's purely your ISP messing with you, and that's what I'd use a VPN for (Battleping, WTFFast etc. are VPNs although very game-oriented).
    Plz , I live in France, if I use a VPN, then, at start, I have to choose a VPN server.
    What is the best for the AOC : to choose the VPN server near me ( in EU, Paris or London) or choose the VPN server in US, New York for example ??
    how it works ?
    FURY

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcopthes View Post
    Then you should still be able to get decent latency on AoC servers, around 120 or so. For example when I am at my parents place I get 30ms to Paris, 40ms to London and my latency to AoC servers is still no higher than 110-120ms.
    If you get 200+ms like you said before that is purely a routing issue, something a VPN can fix. Assuming you don't have anything else that could be the culprit (bad wifi, badly performing PC etc.). Like I said before I'm pretty sure your PC's performance (particularly CPU) affects the in-game latency display (which does not necessarily mean the latency itself though!), I can't find any other explanation for the numbers reported by some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Battleaxe View Post
    Plz , I live in France, if I use a VPN, then, at start, I have to choose a VPN server.
    What is the best for the AOC : to choose the VPN server near me ( in EU, Paris or London) or choose the VPN server in US, New York for example ??
    how it works ?
    Either Paris or London but not New York. Generally the closer the better.

I will check with VPN , my pc surely doesnt help, its only 4gb ram intel i5 2.5ghz, nvidia geforce gt 620M.
    I am also confused about server choice though as it seems to be opposite to what you said m8 : in Battleping there is information 'we suggest to choose a server close to the game you are playing' , I would understand it should be server close to aoc servers so somewhere in US (?!).
    I hope it will help when I will get fibre next month

Quote Originally Posted by Willd View Post
    You can get under 100? 😃😃 i am around 130-150 going under 100 would be a nice thing!!
    no m8 30 ms is fastest connection I can get to closest servers to me, which has nothing to do with aoc. I have horrible aoc connection and try to do smth to fix it.
    Sarcopthes- main, retired barb
    Rugewit - young beast, bs

I'm not sure why they would say that. For example if you connect to a VPN in the US while living in Europe that means you still rely on your ISP to do all the work from your home to the other side of the Atlantic. When I have routing issues they usually happen before my packets even leave Europe (can be seen by using winmtr or a traceroute) so I always pick the servers closest to me to bypass my ISP as much as possible and rely on the VPN's network instead.