Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Player (RP)

Default New Player (RP)

Hello, I just started playing AoC two days ago. I noticed the forums are a little slow but have already met some great folks in game. I am currently playing a Cimerian Bear Shaman named Taeryna. I am of course currently questing in Tortage but look forward to meeting any fellow Role players in game. Hope to chat soon.

I am still fleshing out all if my details and once done hopefully I can find a home in one of the active RP clans on the server.

Ta for now,

Taeryna

Woohoo!

Nice to meet you Taeryna.

You didn't say which server, but I'm guessing Crom?

Red face Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sendra View Post
    Woohoo!

Nice to meet you Taeryna.

You didn't say which server, but I'm guessing Crom?
    Thank you, Nice to meet you as well! Yes sorry Crom is where I am. I did manage to finish up Tortage, so I am a bit more mobile now!

Nice to meet you!

It's a good time to join in ... several guilds have some strong building storylines that are 'out in public'. At a minimum both House Merano and Red Lotus have been actively running two or maybe even three intertwining story lines that I've brushed against (thank you guys!). And there was just a wedding that fired off this past weekend with folk representing many guilds showing up (great job Aluraa).

I think there is more out there, but timezones can be tough to hurdle on weekdays especially. The Serpent's Head Inn in Khemi is used frequently as a place to do public RP as an "after action" or a "gather together" phase, and it tends to be the most frequented tavern RP place due to Khemi having historically easy access to most zones (much to the dismay of die-hard Cimmerians).

Again, time zones vary widely, so I hope we cross paths at some point!

Default Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by VenaRavenhair View Post
    Nice to meet you!

It's a good time to join in ... several guilds have some strong building storylines that are 'out in public'. At a minimum both House Merano and Red Lotus have been actively running two or maybe even three intertwining story lines that I've brushed against (thank you guys!). And there was just a wedding that fired off this past weekend with folk representing many guilds showing up (great job Aluraa).

I think there is more out there, but timezones can be tough to hurdle on weekdays especially. The Serpent's Head Inn in Khemi is used frequently as a place to do public RP as an "after action" or a "gather together" phase, and it tends to be the most frequented tavern RP place due to Khemi having historically easy access to most zones (much to the dismay of die-hard Cimmerians).

Again, time zones vary widely, so I hope we cross paths at some point!
    Thank you Vena! I have only ventured out of Tortage once so far, needless to say finding Khemi will be an adventure in itself. Look forward to meeting you in game as well!

Quote Originally Posted by VenaRavenhair View Post
    The Serpent's Head Inn in Khemi is used frequently as a place to do public RP as an "after action" or a "gather together" phase, and it tends to be the most frequented tavern RP place due to Khemi having historically easy access to most zones (much to the dismay of die-hard Cimmerians).
    The SHI is definately THE place to hang around and get casual RP contacts. But don't be shy, go and play with the people! I often see people coming in there, sitting alone in a corner and then leaving again without speaking with anyone in there.

Timezones are problematic, as already mentioned. Best times start with EU evening hours around 7-8 p.m. GMT, then slowly the US are taking over. There is a huge gap when it's finally night in America and already morning in Europe. But sometimes people are around even then.
    Set for president! Why vote for the lesser evil?

Quote Originally Posted by Illwariel View Post
    But don't be shy, go and play with the people! I often see people coming in there, sitting alone in a corner and then leaving again without speaking with.
    Very happy to get responses here, I am definitely not shy, though I am of course tactful in any initiated engagement . Still having fun roaming the world, I have completed all there is in Tortage and am now wandering aimlessly in Conach.

I am new to the realm and its lore, so I have been doing some homework to get the dish on cultures and history.

At this point I plan on sticking around, everything is new so it's been a lot of fun, is there any expansion that I actually need right away or can they all wait a bit?

Thank you for your response Illwariel!

Quote Originally Posted by Valourus View Post
    Very happy to get responses here, I am definitely not shy, though I am of course tactful in any initiated engagement . Still having fun roaming the world, I have completed all there is in Tortage and am now wandering aimlessly in Conach.

I am new to the realm and its lore, so I have been doing some homework to get the dish on cultures and history.

At this point I plan on sticking around, everything is new so it's been a lot of fun, is there any expansion that I actually need right away or can they all wait a bit?

Thank you for your response Illwariel!
    Nothing you really need right now. The main expansion is Rise of the Godslayer, which adds Khitai to the game, but that is almost all for level 80. (You will also need it go get access to the AA system - but that can wait until level 80.)
    There is also Turan/Coast of Ardashir for level 50-55, but that is quite optional.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikT View Post
    Nothing you really need right now. The main expansion is Rise of the Godslayer, which adds Khitai to the game, but that is almost all for level 80. (You will also need it go get access to the AA system - but that can wait until level 80.)
    There is also Turan/Coast of Ardashir for level 50-55, but that is quite optional.
    Thank you Erik! I am still running around Conall Valley, so I guess I can hold off a bit. Appreciate it!

Hello Taeryna. This is Jiahuo here, I know I'm late to the forum party (Damn all you other people *shakes fist*). I have to say that I am very glad that I bumped into you at the Serpent's Head Inn and look forward to seeing you more. If you ever need any help, do not hesitate to ask around, though all of the advice I see here so far has been stellar.
    "A wise old man once said 'You must find the way'. And I have found it. It is exceedingly simple. I will chop off your head. Then you too will know the way." - Diary of a Khitan Madman

Age of Conan Roleplay Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast