Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dungeons make them solo also

Frankly, it would be cool if one could visit all the dungeons in solo.

One could get some blue gear from it, but that would look like the epic version, and some pots, pets social stuff, whatever.

That way, one could learn the geography of all the dungeons before joining for the group/raid version of it. That would help newbies a lot, i'm sure of it.
    And it would also give many players cool places to visit.
    Some people also like to make videos of beautiful places in game and sometimes it's hard with a dungeon/raid, but if you can go in alone and clear the instance, then you can do your stuff on your own without any issue.
    I can only see positives out of it.

But the probability that FC is going to work on this is 0, so whatever.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesaint View Post
    I play on Fury and Rage and no one does Raids at all anymore so there is no pathway for new players to advance except the PvP minis.
    damn fury still alive?? lol.
    how dare you to pve on pvp server ROLL CROM!
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Fun fact, the other M stands for Massive. Which was never the word defining AoC population.
    Well the word massive is relative, for example - compared to the number of people in my house, the AoC population is pretty massive. Compared to the European Union, probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    damn fury still alive?? lol.
    how dare you to pve on pvp server ROLL CROM!
    AoC is built around PvP combat and Robert E. Howard's lore-filled Hyborian Age. I hate the Energy Bar because it destroyed the PvP realism by allowing players to hop around like leap-frogs in combat, but hopefully Funcom will restore combat and movement's linked cost to balance. AoC PvP has become a real joke. Something you might see in an arcade game.

Anyway, you Quest to be able to PvP. There is no need for the best purple gear to PvE. However the two elements drive each other. So when there are no Raids going, solo players still need an access point to the content or they can't play AoC. After awhile they realize the game is not working and they leave, leaving AoC with much lower numbers of players than those who are actually very interested in playing. Best medicine for Funcom's woes is AoC working very well for player's. There are nearly as many Howard fans out there as Tolkien fans and they wait for a working Conan game.
    Last edited by Bladesaint; 25th August 2015 at 16:27.

Edit by Anzu: That was not very subtle.
    Last edited by Anzu; 26th August 2015 at 00:03.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesaint View Post
    AoC is built around PvP combat and Robert E. Howard's lore-filled Hyborian Age. I hate the Energy Bar because it destroyed the PvP realism by allowing players to hop around like leap-frogs in combat, but hopefully Funcom will restore combat and movement's linked cost to balance. AoC PvP has become a real joke. Something you might see in an arcade game.

Anyway, you Quest to be able to PvP. There is no need for the best purple gear to PvE. However the two elements drive each other. So when there are no Raids going, solo players still need an access point to the content or they can't play AoC. After awhile they realize the game is not working and they leave, leaving AoC with much lower numbers of players than those who are actually very interested in playing. Best medicine for Funcom's woes is AoC working very well for player's. There are nearly as many Howard fans out there as Tolkien fans and they wait for a working Conan game.
    We got the energy bar, because the movement and resource management was inbalanced...some classes could move faster than others and due to game design, after some threshold you could sprint indefinetely. Also they wanted to disengage statbased pool like stamina from running mechanics.
    Their solution was to keep AAs involving running (that were responsible for the inbalances as well), give each class different basic run values and link stamina to energy bar through the "dash" ability again. In addition they kept the problem of a threshold with indefinetely running by not fixing the percentual drain and linear regen problem.
    So basically we got a different set of inbalances, weird new bugs and a new annoying gui feature...but the issue that should get solved, did not get solved in the big picture.
    Since 2009 i was annoyed that AoC violates some of the basic combat mechanics...like armor slows you down and heavy weapons are slower, but hit harder. Just compare the combo dps and scaling. And the idea of giving ARMOR tenacity values is just ridicolous. My first issues could be solved by clever item stat design (e.g. armor = defensive value boost, weapons/bracers/shields/cloaks = aggressive stat boosts and jewelry being a jack of all trades statwise). But recently we got a completely inbalanced pvp gear revamp instead (just weigh, evaluate and compare the pure item stats).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12