Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dungeons make them solo also

Default dungeons make them solo also

make the dungeons so 1 person can do them .some people like to do alone and take there time doing them .also i have reported that that you have changed the articles of clothing on the tutnemtip in keshatta /added articles and you have also changed it when you leave the instance it automaticly resets /usea to take 15 mins to reset change it back the way it was . reason why i quit subscribing . quit making things harder ,its a game .

You have Forgotten city , The breach , Isle of iron statues dead man's hand and refugee of the apostate as solo dungeons
    +several old world dungeons.

I doubt funcom would waste any of their limited resources to take the mechanics out of any dungeon encounter just that some people in an MMo can enjoy the whole content , playing alone.
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    You have Forgotten city , The breach , Isle of iron statues dead man's hand and refugee of the apostate as solo dungeons
    +several old world dungeons.

I doubt funcom would waste any of their limited resources to take the mechanics out of any dungeon encounter just that some people in an MMo can enjoy the whole content , playing alone.
    Most dungeons you mention are premium, some require Khitai and Turan expansion even. Villas and slaughterhouse cellar are valid old world solo dungeons though.
    This does by no means make a workover for dungeon design, that would allow more variety in entering them, a waste of resources. It would not be much of an effort with current system even, to offer one group access (to solo dungeons as well...kind of the other way around of what the op wanted), one hardcore group access and one solo storymode access and one solo scaling grind access. You could even offer a pvp access in there too, whilst working on it. By far a waste of resources, imo.

Also a popular misconception about MMOs is, that they need to have mostly group content. It is an essential part, yes...but for stable population you need a good and healthy mix. AoC would have been empty years ago, if it only had raids or khitai groups to offer. Look at world boss...it is definitely a "massive" content with hundreds of players involved...but would a game with only that survive long?

Forgotten city and The breach are f2p content and require no expansion.
    The 2 Turan solo dungeons are f2p but require an expansion.
    So just refugee needs a sub+expansion.

As the OP was writing in General Discussion and not in f2p section he is definitely premium and therefore I assume he wants all khitai dungeons to be soloable as well.
    This would certainly be a waste of respurces
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    Forgotten city and The breach are f2p content and require no expansion.
    The 2 Turan solo dungeons are f2p but require an expansion.
    So just refugee needs a sub+expansion.
    FC and Breach are not f2p content. they not require expansion only sub.

i hear Aoc is an mmo could it be true?
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    i hear Aoc is an mmo could it be true?
    Successful MMO's blend multiplayer and solo play seamlessly, with the solo rewards being as good as the group rewards except for a select group of items that must be grouped for. Nevertheless the solo rewards allow full participation in the game, they just take longer to get than they do for a group.

AoC's downfall was to exclude solo play time from meaningful rewards and content. You need a large pool of players to make everything work in an MMO and if they are all finding things to do in between groups and raids you have that pool to draw on. If everyone is just waiting around for a Raid that never happens, they will not stay. If they spend 2-3 hours to do a Raid and get nothing mostly they won't stay either. Then you add in mandatory Teamspeak for Raids and AoC dies.

I play on Fury and Rage and no one does Raids at all anymore so there is no pathway for new players to advance except the PvP minis. That's not what AoC promises will happen and the minis are just a boring grind. I asked my guild on Fury if they ever did tier 2 and 3 Raids and they said no one is doing Raids on the server. This has been correct for the past month or so. It's a combination of no gear from Raids for new players and no need for older players who are geared. So there is a need for level 80 solo advancement in other than 24 player Raids which never happen.

I hate to be the one to say it, but it's an MMO.
    fun fact - the middle M stands for Multiplayer. Which is what most of the game caters to.

Even if one sees group/raid content as being the "true" purpose of MMOs, solo content is important:

1. To give people something to do while waiting / being available for groups. If a game has nothing to offer than group content, people have no reason to stay online if there's no group running.

2. Allowing to train / advance character (incl. Twinks) whithout a group. This is important - among other things - because of fixed group sizes. Imagine guild with seven people who only speak Zontarian being online. Six of them form a group. And the seventh one? If he has nothing to do solo, he'll fall behind in skill/equipment and so on.

3. Solo content is of big importance when population is low / time is too short to form a group. I can support the "fury experience" with the "Asgard experience" (now closed German language RP-PvP server). In its last months, you could log in in the morning, see a group looking for 2 people, come back in the evening and see the same group looking for the 2 same people.
    Last edited by Khaletohep; 24th August 2015 at 05:45.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Quote Originally Posted by gcustoms View Post
    I hate to be the one to say it, but it's an MMO.
    fun fact - the middle M stands for Multiplayer. Which is what most of the game caters to.
    Fun fact, the other M stands for Massive. Which was never the word defining AoC population.
    Last edited by Bibik; 24th August 2015 at 10:16.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast