Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Extension on world boss?

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    Finding an investor who is willing and able to get the finances under control AND/OR combing the classifieds for a new job is probably "priority".
    I don't think the dev team has that responsibility. They just continue doing their normal jobs.

As for the arguments back and forth on whether or not people like World Bosses, it is obvious that people are on both sides of this matter, and endlessly contradicting each other is going to lead nowhere.

The world boss is there for a whole week. No need to extend it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lleilwin View Post
    I have managed to PvP, RP and even K6 during this wb-week.
    The only raids I haven't seen called out in global are the usual T1 and T3,5 (Oh and T5 but I've not seen a call-out for that one yet)

So saying content is 'killed' might be exaggerating just a tiny wee bit.

I'm not against wb, but 1 evening spent on it is all I can handle, frankly, so after that it is playing as usual
    I did a t1 sweep, and w2 during this wb week.

And Requiem Nex filled t5 with guild so that's why you didn't see the pug for that.

Reduce WB to 1 day a month.. you can get your fail gear by actually doing T1 raids.. and pst me ill give you all the electric boogie you want

For what it's worth, here is the opinion of a player returning to the game after about a 6 year absence. I guess that makes me, for all intent and purpose, a new player. The WB killed all gameplay outside of single player questing for a week (for me). I was completely frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Talonas View Post
    For what it's worth, here is the opinion of a player returning to the game after about a 6 year absence. I guess that makes me, for all intent and purpose, a new player. The WB killed all gameplay outside of single player questing for a week (for me). I was completely frustrated.
    After a 6 year absence you went from a 100.000 players game to less than 5000. If you seek fun & activity you should find another online game.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

It is interesting how much I see statements like this. Many people say all group content stops for a week, but I see groups advertised and filling in Global all the time while farming the WB. It may be a bit slower to fill / start, but it isn't all gone. There are enough people complaining about the WB that you should easily be able to fill many groups with just those like minded individuals who dislike the WB.

Let those who enjoy the WB continue to enjoy them.

I understand your sentiments. This is absolutely true and should have been addressed by the game developers. There have been many offers (an account-wide lockout for the a world boss kill, no power loot from bosses, etc.), but it appears that Funcom decided to go down the casual slope (Age of Conan: Watered Down). You might be very disappointed to learn about other changes as well.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

World boss brings a lot of players out of the woodworks to do it. If a new player gets t1/t2 gear and wants to go to raids...that's why raid leaders should be screening people for t4 plus raids. T1/t2/t3 raids are old school and t3 and up is going to be nerfed.

Raid leaders can boot out people who don't show their gear, want to do high end content in greens and blues, etc etc.

But if we did a poll in game, I would bet a nickel that the vast majority of players like the world boss. If they want to do one kill/month for the cloak or they want to farm it for rares for alts or some such, then that's their business. If the ones doing wb are that 'lousy' anyway, then you probably won't want them for raids or sixmans anyway.

I enjoy world boss and will farm it when and as I want to. Solo mindless grinding is relaxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    But if we did a poll in game, I would bet a nickel that the vast majority of players like the world boss.
    I would bet the exact opposite, based on the fact that in my guild, everybody dislikes the WBs because it kills actualy ingame activity, dungeons/pugs decrease dramatically and even minigames slow down to a glacial pace, it's horrible.
    There is not one single player i know who enjoys that content.

I would go as far as saying that when the raid nerf hammer reaches live, the WB mechanic has to change so we just kill WB once every month, and the rest of the time, people can play the actual game by doing cool dungeons and raids.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234