Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Master of the Trials

Default Master of the Trials

Anybody has the title yet? Doesn't seem like there is someone interested at all. Definitely never saw anyone with it ingame.

Because it's currently impossible without exploits.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

No one has it, I (and my group) miss 3, but have all the veterans (the ones we've recorded are located on my channel here and Morialas channel here). The 3 we miss are Crowmen, Iron Tower and Cavavans, those are getting nerfed a bit next patch so we'll get the title then. Not sure of anyone else (maybe some COE and X.Legion groups?) that have given a serious go at them.

Raid timers are meh, we tried those in the first few weeks but most people stopped caring pretty quick, the boss timers are fun though, instance timers not so much.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Another problem with caravan raiders is that it is very flawed as a time trial.

The way we usually get a good time is by resetting a dungeon all evening until we can do it all optimally with our eyes closed. The problem with Caravan is that it has a 20 hour lockout if you kill something. On top of that the boss that is by far hardest is the last one so all time before that might be for nothing if you fail there. All in all that dungeon is pretty discouraging imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    No one has it, I (and my group) miss 3, but have all the veterans (the ones we've recorded are located on my channel here and Morialas channel here). The 3 we miss are Crowmen, Iron Tower and Cavavans, those are getting nerfed a bit next patch so we'll get the title then. Not sure of anyone else (maybe some COE and X.Legion groups?) that have given a serious go at them.

Raid timers are meh, we tried those in the first few weeks but most people stopped caring pretty quick, the boss timers are fun though, instance timers not so much.
    For Den of Crowmen the strat is same as with Abyss. Have the tanks click on all the nests and bring the adds to group with Necro using book to stun the adds untill they all die, go to boss and kill at a casual pace and easy master timer. Of course if you fail on killing adds just reform the group and try it again. Doing it the normal way killing 2-3 adds at a time isn't possible with the time given at the moment. The ones that give groups the most problems (from what i have seen)are Coils Master timer and Caverns Raiders master timer, cant wait to see how those are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    For Den of Crowmen the strat is same as with Abyss. Have the tanks click on all the nests and bring the adds to group with Necro using book to stun the adds untill they all die, go to boss and kill at a casual pace and easy master timer. Of course if you fail on killing adds just reform the group and try it again. Doing it the normal way killing 2-3 adds at a time isn't possible with the time given at the moment. The ones that give groups the most problems (from what i have seen)are Coils Master timer and Caverns Raiders master timer, cant wait to see how those are done.
    Im guessing you havent completed Den of Crowmen instance-master-timer like that, you're only theorycrafting? Cause pressing the eggs at the same time wont make them come at the same time, they will come 2 and 2 which will make a tome useless, and it will become too much to handle. Coils mastertimer is actually pretty easy btw, so just go do it with a good group
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    For Den of Crowmen the strat is same as with Abyss. Have the tanks click on all the nests and bring the adds to group with Necro using book to stun the adds untill they all die, go to boss and kill at a casual pace and easy master timer.
    You obviously have never tried Den veteran/master.

As for the master timers overall, we miss the same than the other groups, den, IT and caravan.
    But i'm afraid not much is going to change about it, because the last time i reported the issues with those dungeons and their master timer, the dev said they could eventually have a look at it but it was not planned.
    So basically they don't care, and since there are only maybe 15 players on the entire server who seriously try those master timers, nothing will change.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    But i'm afraid not much is going to change about it, because the last time i reported the issues with those dungeons and their master timer, the dev said they could eventually have a look at it but it was not planned.
    So basically they don't care, and since there are only maybe 15 players on the entire server who seriously try those master timers, nothing will change.
    Those 3 are all changed on Testlive . Should be on live in one of the next patches.

I think IT is possible btw with some extreme class stacking like 3 tos and 2 demo or something like that but that's just silly. Annoying part with IT is all the stupid trash that chain CCs you without even giving CC immunities. That really spoils the fun in that one for me.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 13th August 2015 at 07:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    Time trials are not that interesting for most parts of the player base. Said it before they introduced them, still say that now.

http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/show...l=1#post601149

There'll be some player who enjoy time runs, but introducing mechanics just for that was a waste of resources. Everybody has a watch to stop time if he or she wants to without the game having to do that for us. Videos of unusually well done runs can be posted without ingame timers, too. And even those interested in that kind of challenge will loose interest after having succeeded once, and maybe even feel worse after that, for most of the following runs will be slower.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    Time trials are not that interesting for most parts of the player base. Said it before they introduced them, still say that now.

http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/show...l=1#post601149

There'll be some player who enjoy time runs, but introducing mechanics just for that was a waste of resources. Everybody has a watch to stop time if he or she wants to without the game having to do that for us. Videos of unusually well done runs can be posted without ingame timers, too. And even those interested in that kind of challenge will loose interest after having succeeded once, and maybe even feel worse after that, for most of the following runs will be slower.
    Its also content that have been keeping me and my friends busy for hours. It wouldn't been the same thing if we clocked it ourselves no. Go to whitesands and come up with your own quests, I'm sure u don't need the game to do that for you either.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast