Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Extension on world boss?

Thank God, World Bosses are a scourge to this game. The less time they have is the better for the game.

Yes, the executioner wasn't working correctly the first day and many players waited in vain.
    But the world boss is just a bonus and this is Funcom you are dealing with, so don't bet on any form of compensation or prolongation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ythor View Post
    Thank God, World Bosses are a scourge to this game. The less time they have is the better for the game.
    Agree.

Funcom must think it is succesful because lot of people do them. Please realise all players hate doing them.

Remove all loot from Wb next month and see who does it for the mere pleasure of doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    F2P players can be paying customers. It was not an area open to only f2p players who never spent a dime...

And no, the boss was not active, because it did not respawn. Thus only the boss "script" was active, not the boss as intended...funcom can control the spawn frequencies.
    Professional work and a 1h downtime for server restart could have solved this in way less hours...

Actually for compensation i would prefer one free basic loot chest per char and a quest update, due to the lost chance...
    White Sands; one of the first zones open to all players; F2P included. Not sure where YOU were waiting for the world boss at. Maybe that's the prob; we were all in White Sands my man.

As for your understanding of the script; please enlighten me on this. How is it supposed to work? You have some keen understanding of the code? Each WB spawns differently. Sure, some spawn so fast it's ridiculous; but THAT shouldn't be an expectation. What's the WB purpose ... to get credit for a portent, thus moving towards the cloak. I highly doubt it's meant to mindlessly be farmed.

As for loot compensation; the idea of giving a chest for doing NOTHING is absurd.

+1 to get rid of WB
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    White Sands; one of the first zones open to all players; F2P included. Not sure where YOU were waiting for the world boss at. Maybe that's the prob; we were all in White Sands my man.

As for your understanding of the script; please enlighten me on this. How is it supposed to work? You have some keen understanding of the code? Each WB spawns differently. Sure, some spawn so fast it's ridiculous; but THAT shouldn't be an expectation. What's the WB purpose ... to get credit for a portent, thus moving towards the cloak. I highly doubt it's meant to mindlessly be farmed.

As for loot compensation; the idea of giving a chest for doing NOTHING is absurd.

+1 to get rid of WB
    As we said: "open to all players", this includes paying customers (f2p and premium), proving my point.
    About the script:
    Yes, i actually know funcom can spawn bosses manually. I also have been around since the first wb, including the first round on white sands (pre "more people" patch and "after more people" patch). As you say, each wb spawns differently, so this would mean the time is a variable inside the wb file(s). Meaning you can search for it and change it. My guess about the recent problem was, that somehow that variable was messed up or too high compared to the "old" wb file(s).

I totally agree with you about the mindlessly farming and would hope they would reduce the lottery factor (which they actually did with the portent relics to a point). I would not go so far to remove wb, but making it more like an addon, than the whole focus of the server, sounds more reasonable designwise.

A compensation is by definition not something "given for nothing". Just the existance of players who could have gotten that wb quest done within the bugged time, but missed it for this month, is enough to validate and legitimate such a step. If funcom thinks the customers deserve such a move, is a completely different matter. Especially if it is time-limited content for players with many chars and a real life to lead, this sounds far from absurd to me. By doing this, no one would get hurt, and no one could complain they "lost" something due to the bug (the chest, relic and quest update is the only thing you get for sure...everything else is lottery anyway).

It's funny how Funcom support Bori and think what Bori was success... and after few years Funcom agree with players what they fail with Bori. Same for World Boss. Good idea, fail execution. What next, Funcom blame players for "forcing World Boss"?

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    It's funny how Funcom support Bori and think what Bori was success... and after few years Funcom agree with players what they fail with Bori...
    Where are you basing this information from. I don't recall funcom ever saying such things.
    Last edited by Mustaine; 11th August 2015 at 17:46.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Wow

All I asked was whether Funcom was going to extend the world boss, and now we are on Bori?

Grin.

Anyway...I would think that a nearly full week of world bosses would have let everyone get a chance at getting their characters flagged. The only ones 'missing out' would be people on vacation or those of us who like mindless things to do (like farming quillins or doing vanaheim runs on alts) and use the world boss as 'videoyoga' stress release. Something that you can do solo and not spent a lot of brain power doing...it isn't like the world boss is a tier 4 boss or anything.

I play to relieve stress, and while I do raid the high end content (including tl), sometimes its nice to just solo things. Espeically when I'm falling asleep at keyboard (my main fatalities from quillins involve falling asleep from aoc self hypnosis farming those things).

Not that I'd complain about another purple box or two, you understand.

Quote Originally Posted by nikepilas View Post
    Agree.

Funcom must think it is succesful because lot of people do them. Please realise all players hate doing them.

Remove all loot from Wb next month and see who does it for the mere pleasure of doing it.
    You are wrong in so many ways...

All of the Portent World Bosses have the exact same spawn behavior. (I.E. Semi-Random timers). I can go into detail on the spawn mechanics if you really want.

That is true, I agree. It wouldn't be an appropriate compensation.
    Last edited by tapwater; 11th August 2015 at 18:36.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    You are wrong in so many ways...

Apologies ...
    Last edited by nikepilas; 11th August 2015 at 19:53.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast