Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Video]Ardashir Fort 11m35s

Default [Video]Ardashir Fort 11m35s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmEl3u00Ih4

A run trough Ardashir Fort on my el-horrible DT. Ended up getting mastertimer. Sad theres only a few finding these timers fun and interesting to play. Maybe if there was some leaderboard that includes which classes that were doing it, it might get bigger

Setup:

Guard
    DT
    Berzerker-barb
    NECRO
    POM
    BS
    Last edited by magnum92; 7th August 2015 at 23:14.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Isn't many people left with a desire to go for master timer because it rewards nothing other than achievement points.

Nice video though.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Isn't many people left with a desire to go for master timer because it rewards nothing other than achievement points.

Nice video though.

Its sad cause these timers have so much potential to bring competetive aspects in the game from raids even to hardmodes. Leaderboards would be insanely fun!

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    Its sad cause these timers have so much potential to bring competetive aspects in the game from raids even to hardmodes. Leaderboards would be insanely fun!
    Leaderboards would be one of the best thing that could happen in aoc.So scrap the group finder and give us leaderboards for both pve and pvp
    IVORY TOWER

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    Leader boards would promote imbalance in forming up optimal groups with certain OP classes. Sure every class has the potential to do great dps, but how many groups would choose a S&B guardian to preform the best possible time trial when a Dt can do 5X the dps and tank or a conq can do 2x the dps and tank. Its a nice idea and i support it, if they implemented a "King of the trials" title or something it would be fun.

While the Idea of a leader board isn't bad, you have to consider the down side also. Once you make it a competition, people will start to find and use any advantage they can. This would include exploits and 3rd party programs. Do we really want to open that can of worms?

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    Leader boards would promote imbalance in forming up optimal groups with certain OP classes. Sure every class has the potential to do great dps, but how many groups would choose a S&B guardian to preform the best possible time trial when a Dt can do 5X the dps and tank or a conq can do 2x the dps and tank. Its a nice idea and i support it, if they implemented a "King of the trials" title or something it would be fun.
    I understand how you think and I was thinking the same way, thats why there should be data avaible, setup of the group. Or a system where two of same classes etc would procc it. Guardians have advantages in some instances, for example in Tianan where guards can solotank everything without problems, while DT would struggle, also a guardian have sick add control, making up for the lack of dps with bunching add perfectly and keeping em stunned untill they're dead so dpsers can go full nuke even on 4-5 epic adds, not as easy on a dt.

[Youtube Channel]

Great video!

I was wondering, did you think it wouldn't be achievable with you as guard and Red as Dps? Or was it just because you enjoy playing DT?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    Great video!

I was wondering, did you think it wouldn't be achievable with you as guard and Red as Dps? Or was it just because you enjoy playing DT?
    Dunno, the dps-diffrence is not that big diffrence on my DT and Guard, mostly cause my Dt is bad. Could probably been possible, but I just felt like playing dt at that moment ^^

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post
    While the Idea of a leader board isn't bad, you have to consider the down side also. Once you make it a competition, people will start to find and use any advantage they can. This would include exploits and 3rd party programs. Do we really want to open that can of worms?
    They're already here ? So why not?
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast