Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: customized waypoints

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    1: Nope.

2: yes.

Have fun
    Ok, this is very nice. Thanks for the answer, now I don't need to place all these damn markers myself xD

Default installation without aoc.exe

Is there a way to install this without using aoc.exe? aoc.exe meeses up with my startup...
    Last edited by chrizdc; 5th December 2016 at 07:28.
    RESOURCES-What is this used for?- Lists resources and their useage

Quote Originally Posted by chrizdc View Post
    Is there a way to install this without using aoc.exe? aoc.exe meeses up with my startup...
    well...

there are a few xml-additions where aoc.exe is needed to merge those with the originals - without aoc.exe this won't be happening.

what you could try out is having aoc.exe active one time to do the merge, and after that just copy over the merged xml files into either customized
    or even default if customized doesnt work -- I think there was a reason to use aoc.exe in the first place... but too long ago to remember the details.

just remember if u copied those over the original files that those mods may need to be redone after every update

---
    out of curiosity - why does aoc.exe not work for you? upon start it only suppresses those stupid intro pictures and stuff and the laucher
    - but if there is an update, the launcher will still be shown...
    - and you can still have the launcher or some debug info if you press certain keys upon start, just search the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Yorgomir View Post
    out of curiosity - why does aoc.exe not work for you? upon start it only suppresses those stupid intro pictures and stuff and the laucher
    I have no idea why but if i enable aoc.exe (activate mods) then game wouldnt start, there is a small window that comes up (I think its from aoc.exe, the font and design looks same)
    Last edited by chrizdc; 5th December 2016 at 07:29.

you have to run aoc.exe as administrator, otherwise it won't work

btw: aoc.exe hides the launcher and all that crap at startup, so after starting the game, it takes a while until u see the login screen

you have to run aoc.exe as administrator, otherwise it won't work
    of cpurse, as per the instructions, I run the aoc.exe as administrator. I set the .exe to run as administrator in properties, instead of right clicking - I'm sure that's the same.

btw: aoc.exe hides the launcher and all that crap at startup, so after starting the game, it takes a while until u see the login screen
    that's not the problem - the log in screen never comes up.

This is what happens:

First the error in the midle comes up, then when I click OK on it, that small window on the side comes up and thats it.

I may be mistaken, but there used to be instructions installing the WPs without using aoc.exe?
    Last edited by chrizdc; 5th December 2016 at 07:29.

Quote Originally Posted by chrizdc View Post
    First the error in the midle comes up, then when I click OK on it, that small window on the side comes up and thats it.

I may be mistaken, but there used to be instructions installing the WPs without using aoc.exe?
    Well, I always have all kinds of "Access Denied" problems when it comes to third party tools trying to access anything under Program Files...
    As I have the Steam version of Age of Conan installed, meaning NOT under Program Files, I don't have any of those problems.

Could you try the whole thing with Age of Conan installed somewhere else, maybe under C:\Games or alike (i.e. NOT C:\Program Files)!?

As for the second part of your question: I started the whole Waypoints project without aoc.exe (I didn't even know this existed back then)
    - but this was not very flexible, with all sorts of limitations (for details, you may want to follow the history of this thread).
    for instance, you would lose all your customizations if you ever add or delete any of the waypoints, which alone is a showstopper...
    With aoc.exe, it was so much more conveniant.

Note: if installing the game somewhere else isn't an option for you, look here - that's an earlier version of the waypoints without aoc.exe/custom icons:
    Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    Awesome work there on the maps, but since i dont like using 3rd party applications i made my own set based on icons already in game.

if someone else just want the maps i put them here:
    http://1drv.ms/1KGKm0P

(still bugged when adding waypoints but for some of us that is not a big problem)
    Last edited by Yorgomir; 14th August 2016 at 07:44.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    This is what I have in Strange UI (08.26.2015 update):
    DOWNLOAD
    File was deleted by owner or exceeded maximum storage time (100 days from last download).

Is there a new version?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast