Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: customized waypoints

...and updated screenshots in 1st post; marked the old ones as outdated and added pictures of how my Kheshatta looks now

all there really is left - and I want to do - is localize the texts... but I have no clue how to get the correct localization IDs :/
    - any Ideas?

p.s.
    for the "non-programers"
    'localization ID" is a certain text-sequence to write into the waypoint-XMLs - those will automatically be translated to the game's configured language
    - currently all the text always is in english only, no matter if you play the game in German, Norwegian or even Klingon...

that would be the last undiscovered area on this toppic, to have localized texts for all the normal/rare bosses, panoramas, milestones, achievements, just for anything...
    Last edited by Yorgomir; 20th August 2015 at 22:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorgomir View Post
    ...and updated screenshots in 1st post; marked the old ones as outdated and added pictures of how my Kheshatta looks now

all there really is left - and I want to do - is localize the texts... but I have no clue how to get the correct localization IDs :/
    - any Ideas?

p.s.
    for the "non-programers"
    'localization ID" is a certain text-sequence to write into the waypoint-XMLs - those will automatically be translated to the game's configured language
    - currently all the text always is in english only, no matter if you play the game in German, Norwegian or even Klingon...

that would be the last undiscovered area on this toppic, to have localized texts for all the normal/rare bosses, panoramas, milestones, achievements, just for anything...
    I don't think that exists but I can take a look later and see what I find. Don't get your hopes high tho.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Thumbs up

Thank you for the awesome work, followed your instructions and it works perfect
    IVORY TOWER

Awesome work there on the maps, but since i dont like using 3rd party applications i made my own set based on icons already in game.

if someone else just want the maps i put them here:
    http://1drv.ms/1KGKm0P

(still bugged when adding waypoints but for some of us that is not a big problem)
    Last edited by Civilix; 24th August 2015 at 08:56.
    I am Stian ingame...

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    Awesome work there on the maps, but since i dont like using 3rd party applications i made my own set based on icons already in game.

if someone else just want the maps i put them here:
    http://1drv.ms/1UX3OgU

(still bugged when adding waypoints but for some of us that is not a big problem)
    well, you still need aoc.exe to copy the XMLs over...
    - or you copy them to to %APPDATA%, like I started with?

in that case you will lose them once you add or delete a waypoint in-game

I don't like 3rd party programs too much, either - but aoc.exe is doing a pretty decent job here and losing the waypoints when doing it the "old way" is too risky imho...

small bugfix-update in Paikang:

- panoramas should be correct now
    - one Yun shrine was at wrong spot

or you copy them to to %APPDATA%, like I started with?
    Yes, i just put them in appdata and if i need to add waypoints i do it by editing the XMLs. Not for everyone, but if someone think of the same they dont need to do the base work with the files i added.
    I am Stian ingame...

Default done.

just uploaded the final archive for the time being

I have all the panoramas, treasures, targets of interest, shrines, rare bosses, excavator thingies and races by now
    - this download fixes a few last problems I found

I hope you all enjoy it and thx for the positive in-game feedback that I received so far

/Yorgo

I hope you all enjoy it and thx for the positive in-game feedback that I received so far

/Yorgo
    Very well done, Cheers!!

Found spelling error.

"Teemu of the Sun" should be "Teemu of the Frozen Sun"

Talork the Head Eater can also be found at 347,398 in EM.
    Last edited by smurfas; 30th August 2015 at 20:49.
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Default Enhanced UI

Xinopia (Tos)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast