Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a single target conflagration

Quote Originally Posted by Herpo View Post
    I'm a new player too (lvl 54 atm) and trying to look around for some specs tree to try.
    This one will be another that I will try.
    What kind of spell rotation should I use to start a combat and to be a good group member?

If I were you I would start with these:

You can try this:
    http://goo.gl/zJe55N

Or this:
    http://goo.gl/7rvTsT

Devouring Flames, Demonic War and Unholy Hate is not a must have.
    Conflagration 38 is more than enough at lvl80. You can start the Havoc side to fill up now.
    Do not spend points to mana recharge on Conflagration. For soloing is totaly unnecessary.

Your Hellfire Stream is now your only debuff on enemies. Later you will get the Shock, and you can use them both at start, till you put up 5 stacks on enemies.
    Start with Shockstrike or Fires of Gehenna from range and finish it with Waves of Flame when they are close. Use Detionation after Waves of Flame when you are on trouble and you guaranteed a huge knockback on any enemies in front of you.

Oh and one more thing: your Fires of Gehenna is stacking up to 5 times when you hit 5 with it, till you reach the plus 108.4 fire damage on it!
    The electrical side hits bigger, the fire side hits more.
    Last edited by Vyky; 6th August 2015 at 14:49.
    Vykthor (Barb) - Vykthorya (Demo) - Vyko (Guard) - Vyky (Pom)

"No Fear! No Limits! No Equal!" / SENNA /

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    If your soloing why do you need cacodemon. I find it rather a waste of a perk unless in a serious t4+ raid or your 6 man demands it. RoF absolutely should be the first thing you get, it has the most utility for pve and pvp. And why not go for Renegotiation? Why should everyone do the exact same thing, again, with anything less than k6 gear it won't really matter. PVE T1-T3 caster gear for the most part is terrible now, your spec doesn't really matter too much for T1 and T2, as long as you SW and hit buttons you do damage enough.

BTW, PoD, enjoy incinerate ticks eating up 50% of your charges, it's not that big a loss not having it.
    Where is it mentioned that OP is a new player or it is solo usage for build?
    Gear has nothing to do with build choice. It's not like if under 1200 magic dmg you can't use a hybrid build... Renegotiation has it's limites uses, +10% crit dmg is decent but compared to the cacodemon buff and that it hits harder, I struggle to see your arguments for Renegotiation. If as you say it is soloing build, and you want him to use pacts and SW, he'll die plenty of times from Demonic Payment. T1-T3 gear lacks a bit crit/hit ratings but there is no problem doing decent damage with that gear. Incinerate and Intense Heat do steal some Pact of Dread buffs indeed, not much you can do about that except not feating it and using shock strikes.

About Waves of Flame, don't even think about putting it on hotbar before Ring of Fire is trained. You got a better version in Havoc called Thunderclap...

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Where is it mentioned that OP is a new player or it is solo usage for build?
    Gear has nothing to do with build choice. It's not like if under 1200 magic dmg you can't use a hybrid build... Renegotiation has it's limites uses, +10% crit dmg is decent but compared to the cacodemon buff and that it hits harder, I struggle to see your arguments for Renegotiation. If as you say it is soloing build, and you want him to use pacts and SW, he'll die plenty of times from Demonic Payment. T1-T3 gear lacks a bit crit/hit ratings but there is no problem doing decent damage with that gear. Incinerate and Intense Heat do steal some Pact of Dread buffs indeed, not much you can do about that except not feating it and using shock strikes.

About Waves of Flame, don't even think about putting it on hotbar before Ring of Fire is trained. You got a better version in Havoc called Thunderclap...
    Cacodemon is worthless outside its group buff, who cares about the tiny bit more dps it does. Besides, Avenger can possibly do more because of the small splash area it has and how many mobs are stacked up. Who would use WoF without RoF at least 4/5? Why would you ever tell someone to even think about speccing Thunderclap? No, no, no, you don't ever spec Thunderclap for anything, for any reason. It is a terrible ability, and wasting more than a point in Wicked Bolt to get there is even worse advice than telling someone to actually feat Thunderclap.

Gear has everything to do with build choices, if you have crap gear and are raiding you need mana abilities like Overload. Likewise, if you have a 12% crit chance what does it matter if you spec PoD, your crit chance is so low that more than likely incinerate stacks will eat most of it, and if not how often will you crit with SB or SS? You really think it's equal between someone with a 25% crit chance and a 12% crit chance with PoD?

Demon payment from SW? I said SW in T1 and T2 (as in your in a raid), not solo. I would assume you would have ongoing blue heals so what would it matter. DO ever you read what I write?
    Last edited by Suctum; 6th August 2015 at 11:32.
    Doomsayer 2008

Cacodemon is worthless outside its group buff, who cares about the tiny bit more dps it does. Besides, Avenger can possibly do more because of the small splash area it has and how many mobs are stacked up.
    Aiaiaiai... Worthless actually... Cacodemon IS the best demon pet for Demonologists and you can't argue against it, except of PvP reasoning. Renegotiation should be the last of the silver perks trained, after Ring of Fire, Bindings of the Skylord, Cacodemon.

Who would use WoF without RoF at least 4/5? Why would you ever tell someone to even think about speccing Thunderclap? No, no, no, you don't ever spec Thunderclap for anything, for any reason. It is a terrible ability, and wasting more than a point in Wicked Bolt to get there is even worse advice than telling someone to actually feat Thunderclap.
    The guy above my post suggested this. Look at the quote below this line. If you ever read what I write, I'd never recommend using WoF before RoF 4/5 or even maxed. Thunderclap is actually quite good at doors in Sheng, if rest of group there are noobs. Permakb on Runners is great. But that is the only situation, and I mentioned it because it is just as terrible as a non-perked Waves of Flame, though with a knockback effect as bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyky View Post
    If I were you I start with these:

You can try this:
    http://goo.gl/zJe55N

Or this:
    http://goo.gl/7rvTsT

and finish it with Waves of Flame
    Gear has everything to do with build choices, if you have crap gear and are raiding you need mana abilities like Overload. Likewise, if you have a 12% crit chance what does it matter if you spec PoD, your crit chance is so low that more than likely incinerate stacks will eat most of it, and if not how often will you crit with SB or SS? You really think it's equal between someone with a 25% crit chance and a 12% crit chance with PoD?
    By trading T2 gear for Brittle Blade gear, you will lose 1500 mana, eventually the "non favoured" Scarlet Circle gear, and gain 700 mana. Most Demonologists needs Overload in any build, at least I do in any build, in T4/T5 gear. There are no demos with 25% crit chance without potions. By using T2 gear, a Demo loses roughly 3 - 3.5% crit chance from comparing with K6 gear. Not exactly a staggering amount.

Demon payment from SW? I said SW in T1 and T2 (as in your in a raid), not solo. I would assume you would have ongoing blue heals so what would it matter. DO ever you read what I write?
    Well, sorry for getting confused, for in the start of your post you say soloing, and by the end you say T1-T2. And spellweaving should be a natural thing when not only raiding, but also in solo play and instances.

Really, Suctum, what's your problem. Having a bad day, and trying to make arguments where there are none?

I'm tired of pvers giving awful advice and not being challenged by experienced players that know better.

It doesn't take pages of biased parses and a bunch of fake theory crafting to make one credible. I can tell you, with 100% certainty, there is never a situation where you would need thunderclap. It has been bad since day 1. It will always be bad. Cacodemon? Why do you think that this is needed. You only need it for time trials, or serious t4 and t5 runs. It's not an absolute thing you need, I hardly ever run that trash perk. Demon avenger with it's aoe offers the best utility, and really the damage from caco vs. Warlord is very nominal unless compared over a very long fight. Solo caco is simply a waste of a perk. PvP, worthless. I always run a crit pot, so yeah, 25% crit chance seems pretty normal. If you pvped more you would find running pots as second nature. And t1 gear only 3% less critical chance than bb gear? Are you accounting for weapons and accessories? There is much more than a 3% variance I assure you.
    Last edited by Suctum; 6th August 2015 at 13:39.
    Doomsayer 2008

Default :)

Thank you all!
    Guards are the best.

I'm tired of pvers giving awful advice and not being challenged by experienced players that know better.
    And I'm tired of pvpers giving awful advice and not being challenged by experienced players that know better.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    And I'm tired of pvpers giving awful advice and not being challenged by experienced players that know better.
    Advice is always more credible when you excel at both aspects if the game, not just one.
    Doomsayer 2008

Advice is always more credible when you excel at both aspects if the game, not just one.
    Always more credible... I'm gonna stop feeding the troll.

That escalated quickly.

I love hypocrites xP. And yeah don't feed the troll.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast