Thread: Run a 2nd copy of game

Default Run a 2nd copy of game

Hi, I want to run a second copy of the game client.

I copied the Age of Conan folder to a new directory and tried to open the second client, but i still get the message that i must run the game from different installation folders. Any suggestions on what i can try to get this working?

I tried deleting the copied folder, and starting over. Now, the second copy of the client starts but bugs out as simply a black screen.
    Last edited by bretthaney; 30th July 2015 at 23:33.

Are you starting from the copied folder and the original? If you are it should work.

I have my main account in the usual directory (programs x86)

I have a copied file in my documents in the game folder, with a separate shortcut to the conan patcher on the desktop

so you have to make sure that each folder is in a completely different section of the c drive from each other and each folder has it's own shortcut

Shaggy
    CROM-Shaggaliscus- lvl 80 brute conq- born may 2009, Shaggybear- lvl 80 BS, Shaghldr- lvl 80 barb, Shaggphyre- lvl80 dt, Shaggavasha- lvl 80 necro, Shaggypyro- lvl 80 demo, Shaggadelic- lvl 80 tos, Shagconian- lvl 80 guard, Shaggablehox- lvl 80 hox, Shaggyshaft- lvl 80 ranger, Sinfulshagga- lvl 75 sin, Shagga- lvl 6 pom

FURY- Shagginator- lvl 10 zerka barb

http://bloodnashes.guildlaunch.com/

If it doesn't immediately say "age of conan is already running" then it's working. Are you sure your PC can handle it?

Valar Morgulis!

Run both clients as an Admin and you should be just fine.
    This is how i do it on Win 8.1 (& Win 7 before) and so far there
    ain't no problems.

Tc
    Hawk
    "I have known many gods.
    He who denies them is as blind as he who trusts them too deeply."
    R. E. Howard - Queen of the black coast

Aerion Brightflame. One night, in his cups, he drank a jar of wildfire,
    after telling his friends it would transform him into a dragon, but the
    gods were kind and it transformed him into a corpse.
    George R.R. Martin - A Clash of Kings

AoC does not require you to run the game as an admin unless you installed it somewhere on your hard drive that you do not have write access to.
    I am Stian ingame...