Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Funcom, whats going on ?

Default FiG

Quote Originally Posted by Leif0311 View Post
    Recent interview with Funcom CEO Rui Casais:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...-aware-of-that
    On that same site (got nosey and perused a bit) there's a game funding site that's got potential; called [FIG] ~

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Through the years of developing high-end massively multiplayer online games, we have created one of the most robust and flexible technology platforms in the industry. It's got everything you need to develop and operate an MMO: content creation tools, rendering, network components, billing and community tools, and everything else you need to take an MMO from A to Z.
    And yet, FC cannot bother to assign just the couple of resources necessary to make decent content for AoC on a regular basis. So much for that awesome platform.
    Vanaheim fiasco, T5/6 gear can't have 12 sets of armor, just to name the latest wtf moments.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    And yet, FC cannot bother to assign just the couple of resources necessary to make decent content for AoC on a regular basis. So much for that awesome platform.
    Vanaheim fiasco, T5/6 gear can't have 12 sets of armor, just to name the latest wtf moments.
    They still seem to have their heads too high in the clouds to even give a honest analysis to investors of MILLIONS. Speaks a lot about the mindset. As player you have grown accustomed that you are not the "target audience" compared to shareholders, but this is too much marketing speech to be taken seriously and imo just looking at what they actually have to offer would have been enough and more honest to say.

What they have are 3 MMO games with unique setting and playerbase. Alll three games work and at least 2 have already paid off and are generating income. At least two look very beautiful and all three have something unique about the character design and handling. The writing is very good for MMOs and till 2011 the grind and design in AoC was reasonable. All AoC for example needed was a better system for pvp "handling" and gameworld expansion (even now there are levelling ranges more favoured than others, there is not much random generated content, almost no player generated content at all). They have proven to be able to create beautiful looking, written and atmospheric games even in the MMO sector. Funcoms strength were the writers and creators, humans...not some argueable engine with questionable synergy. Sad.

It was funcoms idea of neglecting 2 in favor of 1 and setting up needless competition for players in these three. What they forgot is, that real life players have only limited time...you simply can never play 3 games with grind (even with "wonderful state of the art engine" and lots of content) at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    The irony is that there is quite a bit of rather polished content in the game files which is not used, and could probably be built upon to create new content. And I'm not just talking about the areas outside of the invisible walls, apparently there are even unused instances. The German forum has quite a lot of detail on this. I'm not even sure how much Cirith and Pyzerius know about this stuff, considering that they only joined in 2009...
    Last edited by Rathothis; 19th August 2015 at 08:29.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    They still seem to have their heads too high in the clouds to even give a honest analysis to investors of MILLIONS. Speaks a lot about the mindset. As player you have grown accustomed that you are not the "target audience" compared to shareholders, but this is too much marketing speech to be taken seriously and imo just looking at what they actually have to offer would have been enough and more honest to say.
    Investors, within a private company, NOT listed on the stock market... makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    The irony is that there is quite a bit of rather polished content in the game files which is not used, and could probably be built upon to create new content. And I'm not just talking about the areas outside of the invisible walls, apparently there are even unused instances. The German forum has quite a lot of detail on this. I'm not even sure how much Cirith and Pyzerius know about this stuff, considering that they only joined in 2009...
    If they actually make a dungeon or something out of that gate in conalls valley that you can click on but goes no where (been like this since the start), I'll be a subscriber for life. LOL

There is evidence everywhere where they planned on adding content. And I wouldn't be surprised if allot of those playfields exist but are just unfinished. (Example: entrance to thoth amon was clickable and content in those playfields that existed - and never used - efore T2 was even finished.)
    Last edited by Mysticblood; 19th August 2015 at 16:19.
    Anuhart
    Mysticblood
    Holyssmoke

Alienware Area 51 990x 4.30GHz
    Water-cooled Radeon R9 290X

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    Have anymore info on this? a thread link?

Quote Originally Posted by krippa View Post
    Have anymore info on this? a thread link?
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...Hyboria/page35

Post #342
    After the 1st. and 2nd. (which are displayed in the thread) picture you can see:

- Character Creation Screen from "outside", the story behind the sinking slave ship was almost a full scene, the ship got attacked by two other aquilonian ships. In a beta video of the character creation you can see the scene which was supposed to be displayed when starting to creation a character: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLlkNoVHwBY

- Ymir Temple in Ymir's Pass which never got completed (right behind where Ymir's Son stands in the open world there was supposed to be a gate to the temple)

- (next 5 pictures) An alternative version of the aquilonian / cimmerian PvP Map (not really confirmed but you can see small defense towers), it seems like there were special maps for PvP zones planned. First 2 pictures seem to be for aquilonian are and next 3 for cimmerian area, it got some guild city buildings (defense towers / walls) as well as some standard cimmerian building huts)

- Alternative map of Khemi - more detailed and larger temple districts / a special "water temple"

- (next 6 pictures) A very detailed map of fort Venarium (where the Cimmerians (even Conan with his father I think?) fought against the Aquilonians). Looks like it's created with outdoor locations as well as a village (which has similar buildings to Conarch, maybe they dumped the idea of Venarium and created Conarch?) and a aquilonian fort

I am not sure if the actual developers know about those "almost ready" maps. (since they could have been planned a long time like 2007-2006 and the actual devs work only since 2009 here) It would save much time when creating more X-Packs because they are aready very detailed and well created. If those maps are not deleted yet, maybe we could tell the devs that these maps are still somewhere in the game files just that they could finish these maps to create high quality X-Packs without much time and ressource efford.
    Last edited by xCodename; 19th August 2015 at 22:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticblood View Post
    If they actually make a dungeon or something out of that gate in conalls valley that you can click on but goes no where (been like this since the start), I'll be a subscriber for life. LOL
    In fact people who are able to look for new tactics, has long since T4. If people have T4, then 90% of them will go to the new dungeon only to a few times just out of curiosity. I doubt that in new dungeons will be something better than T4. ...maybe 1 ring like Unchained dungeons, to get it need farm dungeon 150 times ))
    Last edited by Ernests; 20th August 2015 at 07:37.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...Hyboria/page35

Post #342
    After the 1st. and 2nd. (which are displayed in the thread) picture you can see:

- Character Creation Screen from "outside", the story behind the sinking slave ship was almost a full scene, the ship got attacked by two other aquilonian ships. In a beta video of the character creation you can see the scene which was supposed to be displayed when starting to creation a character: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLlkNoVHwBY

- Ymir Temple in Ymir's Pass which never got completed (right behind where Ymir's Son stands in the open world there was supposed to be a gate to the temple)

- (next 5 pictures) An alternative version of the aquilonian / cimmerian PvP Map (not really confirmed but you can see small defense towers), it seems like there were special maps for PvP zones planned. First 2 pictures seem to be for aquilonian are and next 3 for cimmerian area, it got some guild city buildings (defense towers / walls) as well as some standard cimmerian building huts)

- Alternative map of Khemi - more detailed and larger temple districts / a special "water temple"

- (next 6 pictures) A very detailed map of fort Venarium (where the Cimmerians (even Conan with his father I think?) fought against the Aquilonians). Looks like it's created with outdoor locations as well as a village (which has similar buildings to Conarch, maybe they dumped the idea of Venarium and created Conarch?) and a aquilonian fort

I am not sure if the actual developers know about those "almost ready" maps. (since they could have been planned a long time like 2007-2006 and the actual devs work only since 2009 here) It would save much time when creating more X-Packs because they are aready very detailed and well created. If those maps are not deleted yet, maybe we could tell the devs that these maps are still somewhere in the game files just that they could finish these maps to create high quality X-Packs without much time and ressource efford.
    Some of those I didn't even know about, makes me wanna cry thinking of all the potential...
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.