Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Funcom, whats going on ?

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    It appealed to me. I'm sure to others too.

As for the grind, that was never meant to stay long. Just long enough to patch any remaining quick progression exploits that they didn't catch during development. But due to financial difficulties, the team was cut and they couldn't do what they planned for a long while.
    Same for me. In fact Khitai was the reason why I subscribed. Best part of this game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by elsunga View Post
    Same for me. In fact Khitai was the reason why I subscribed. Best part of this game for me.
    Wrong,you subscribed cause you had no choice as you...like many got scammed by buying kithai pack when you can only acess it as subscriber.(big scam) cheers
    oh..yeh kithai is a big nice part of this game but still part of the funcom scam..."funcom is dumb but not dumb".

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
    Wrong,you subscribed cause you had no choice as you...like many got scammed by buying kithai pack when you can only acess it as subscriber.(big scam) cheers
    oh..yeh kithai is a big nice part of this game but still part of the funcom scam..."funcom is dumb but not dumb".
    No. When I bought Khitai I knew very well it is subscription only. And I enjoyed it so much I bought subscription after 30 days period access. So please do not explain me what I did and why.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post

What baffles me the most though is that FC tried to conquer the asian market with RotGS, the guy who had this idea must know nothing of that market. I mean, we're talking about people who love western culture, looks and lores, and instead you're trying to sell them their own culture, looks and lores. Automatic fail.

In my opinion the marketing of AoC to the Asian market failed because AoC just isn't their style of game. They like colorful and incredibly huge armor and weapons. Quick twitch combat. Games like FF, Tera, WoW. AoC just isn't their style. I for one do love RoTG. Grindy or not.

Quote Originally Posted by elsunga View Post
    No. When I bought Khitai I knew very well it is subscription only. And I enjoyed it so much I bought subscription after 30 days period access. So please do not explain me what I did and why.
    whatever that makes u feel happy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatem View Post
    In my opinion the marketing of AoC to the Asian market failed because AoC just isn't their style of game. They like colorful and incredibly huge armor and weapons. Quick twitch combat. Games like FF, Tera, WoW. AoC just isn't their style. I for one do love RoTG. Grindy or not.
    Not that grindy,3 full months for full AA 24/7.
    The worst is pvp..which for me isn't pvp at all..is just a pve grind till pvp 10.

My advice would be to run urgently T6 bosses who are ready to live, rather than waiting until all the T6 will be ready.
    After news of Fancom bankruptcy, people no longer want to subscribe to. Give reasons they subscribe to. I am afraid that, in a few months will be very few people stay in game.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    My advice would be to run urgently T6 bosses who are ready to live, rather than waiting until all the T6 will be ready.
    After news of Fancom bankruptcy, people no longer want to subscribe to. Give reasons they subscribe to. I am afraid that, in a few months will be very few people stay in game.
    I expect T6 to release in the next month or 2. In any case, will only probably be 10 guilds doing it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
    No one has been scammed. People were presented with a clear choice. Buy the expansion and pay a subscription to maintain access to that expansion, or don't. The subscription isn't a lot of money in anyone's terms, a 12 month sub equating to £1.30 a week. My 11 year old son could afford that off his pocket money and you'd have to be a stingy tramp of the highest order to find that amount prohibitive. People who complain about tiny amounts of money like that are invariably still living at home with their mum who makes all the financial decisions.

FTP gives access to a lot of the old game...if you want to do the end game material (since khitai is basically 80 level things anyway), then you can FTP til lvl 80 and sub to get the higher tier things if you want.

FTPs can even get t1/t2 and maybe t3 gear (relics) now from the world boss.

But if you are going to play a game that heavily, then subscribing for the cost of a movie with drink/popcorn a month seems like a pretty good deal to me. Plus you can do forums 24/7.

There has to be some reason for people to subscribe and support Funcom. You get the best stuff by subbing.

I bought a bunch of 3 month game cards at one point for about 8 dollars each (gave them away to friends). And an annual subscription is about 8/month.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    People who complain about tiny amounts of money like that are invariably still living at home with their mum who makes all the financial decisions.
    Which describes a significant portion of the MMO fan base. $6 USD a month for a game you probably spend hours every week playing is a bargain.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast