Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Funcom, whats going on ?

Default Funcom, whats going on ?

http://www.hegnar.no/bors/artikkel556356.ece

I translated this with google translator :

Last week it became known that the sale of Funcom Lego Minifigures Online has failed since its launch a month ago. It was stated that "proceeds from all games will not be enough to cover both operating costs and debt obligations" which is due in June 2016.

- In plain language, they say that they currently not have the ability to settle when the debt matures. A nonpayment will be the definition of default, known as a technical bankruptcy, says credit analyst Pål Ringholm in Swedbank to DN.

- Technical bankruptcy is of course a possible scenario ultimately, but the company has taken and will take steps to prevent that to happen. Everyone working in Funcom live for game development, and as a company it is something we have done for over 20 years. We work hard for there to be many, many more, says COO Ole Schreiner in Funcom.

Funcom had Q1 an interest-bearing debt of $ 12.7 million, which equates to 104.5 million kroner. Reder heir Hans Peter Jebsen is through the investment company KGJ. largest creditor.

Schreiner says the company looks at every available opportunity to deal with the situation, including the possibility of renegotiation of loan terms.

We, the fans and player of Age of Conan should know whats going on in Oslo....

Quote Originally Posted by doggy81 View Post
    http://www.hegnar.no/bors/artikkel556356.ece

I translated this with google translator ...

We, the fans and player of Age of Conan should know whats going on in Oslo....
    You're about a week behind the rest of us my good friend : [READ HERE]

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    You're about a week behind the rest of us my good friend : [READ HERE]

I really hope that they have finally learned from their mistakes. They should shut down this crap called LEGO and bring back the staff to AOC and TSW. AOC has still a chance to survive

Wait, Funcom FAILED at making a game based on a dying template, and platform people no longer care for?! Shocking.

If funcom wanted to be profitable they'd make a CoD or Halo clone and market it to ritalin addled 13 year olds.

The cash shop is absolutely horrid in AOC. When it comes to an MMO to play, as much as I love AOC, I would just much rather fire up GW2.

A, the content is free.
    B, No subscription.
    C, the cash shop isn't a complete rip off (biggest qualm)
    D, experience is on par, but of a different fashion

With the money I save with not having to pay a subscription, I still put into the game via the cash shop and some, which enhances the game experience. GW2 cash shop items are at a good price, while not handing you 'win' because you paid for an item.
    I know Funcom will never change anything, so I'll just sit on the side line being sad that this great game was butchered, they attempted to exploit the customers with such a terrible model (ridiculous cash shop pricing + sub), while using the revenue on other projects. Watching it die a slow death.

Other than the vanaheim pack, I see nothing wrong with funcom's shop/subscription model. You don't at all need to buy anything (other than rise of the godslayer) to be just as successful of a player as anybody else. For the most part, items in the store are reasonably priced to save the average user time (ok pvp armor is a ripoff too, but that's about it) that they could be spending elsewhere.
    In reality the only real problem has been funcom taking every penny earned on aoc and throwing it at **** money pit titles.
    Regardless, even BRC is more entertaining than gw2
    Wabajack, Demonologist
    Wabbajabba, Dark Templar
    Wabbaguard, Guardian
    Mastablastaa, Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Wabajack View Post
    Other than the vanaheim pack, I see nothing wrong with funcom's shop/subscription model. You don't at all need to buy anything (other than rise of the godslayer) to be just as successful of a player as anybody else. For the most part, items in the store are reasonably priced to save the average user time (ok pvp armor is a ripoff too, but that's about it) that they could be spending elsewhere.
    In reality the only real problem has been funcom taking every penny earned on aoc and throwing it at **** money pit titles.
    Imo the shop fails to attract the crowd between f2p and subbing, which SHOULD be the main target audience...
    What is wrong is the pricing and the product palette. Just a few examples:

- individual charbound items are far too expensive to be bought casually. If you want only vanity items, it is way better to just add up points to buy them accountwide. This is not an option for all items sadly, because the pricing for accountwide items is mostly acceptable.
    - access passes are not available for all dungeons/areas and cover usually only one instance, while a few bundles would make sense (for example: northern grasslands + pillars). All passes are way too expensive and too limited. A cost reduction by 1/10 and time expansion to 4 weeks is the least that is needed. As long as it is more expensive to buy all passes in shop than just subbing. These products should attract the crowd between f2p and subbing, right now the product is useless.
    - too few accountwide offers

It would not be as bad as you say, if funcom had better risk evaluation of the money pits...but they do not even know what treasures they already have. This is sadly not only a funcom problem, but system immanent, especially with stock market listed companies (you know something is wrong when a successfull launch of a game selling hundreds thousands of copies is considered a "failure" by ea or nintendo).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 2nd August 2015 at 08:47.

Quote Originally Posted by gcustoms View Post
    Wait, Funcom FAILED at making a game based on a dying template, and platform people no longer care for?! Shocking.

If funcom wanted to be profitable they'd make a CoD or Halo clone and market it to ritalin addled 13 year olds.
    I know I wouldn't want Millions of dollars of debt hanging over my company; usually bankruptcy, selling off all assets, and call it a good run while it lasted IS the way to go.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Wabajack View Post
    Woaw lol yeah seems the AoC f2p model is a total success, millions of players, aoc top #3 mmo.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Some info about wether the servers will keep running would be nice. Currently, customers cannot be sure if to spend any money on AoC, as may go down the drain all too soon. Thus, the insecurity is costing money.

It will, of course, not be possible to give any definitive answers. But at least a hint of what's going on should be possible.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast