Thread: Returning player needing advice.

Default Returning player needing advice.

I've been away so long. I have an 80 HoX on rage, and i hopped on to find some pvp going on which was nice. But I've decided to roll a character on Crom which seems very active. Here are my few questions about leveling quickly. I just reached khitai as level 20. Should I be chugging xp potions the whole way? My main question relates to the alternate advancement system. Should I be using xp potions for AA also? Does pvp even happen around level 20? What am I suppose to do for my prowness points until then? Any general advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

First of all , rolling on crom was probably the best decision.
    Using XP potions for lvling is not wrong at all , but don't waste too much real money on the overprized stuff from store.
    You get asuaras blessing for free and +25% XP potions from vet trader , imo you should be fine with that

About AA: Using potions at low lvls is a big waste , you gain only very very little exp per quest/mobkill or whatever that you better keep them for end content (Hms , unchaineds , t4...)

On Crom there is absolutely NULL low lvl pvp , there are no minis and and everyone is flagged as blue in the open world
    On fury on the other hand you occasionally have the chance to get some pvp (not minis) in the open world and complete the daily pvp quests which will : 1) Reward you with a lot of exp ( packet delivery quest =90k exp for example) + pvp exp , mastery points and prowess .
    But the population on fury is pretty low so don't expect too encounter too many other players .
    On crom you can't do those quests ( except during pvp week which is for 1 week each month)

Deciding the server is mainly about your preference , if you are into OW pvp -> fury
    If you are an US you would be on a dead server tho , its "OK" if you are EU.

On crom you get a lot of pve and minis 24/7 , but you will level up slower in pvp levels and the server lacks some spice ...
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus-SUON View Post
    I've been away so long. I have an 80 HoX on rage, and i hopped on to find some pvp going on which was nice. But I've decided to roll a character on Crom which seems very active. Here are my few questions about leveling quickly. I just reached khitai as level 20. Should I be chugging xp potions the whole way? My main question relates to the alternate advancement system. Should I be using xp potions for AA also? Does pvp even happen around level 20? What am I suppose to do for my prowness points until then? Any general advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.
    Rage is dead, no need to play on this server in any way anymore. Don't even bother spending time into a character on this server, you can't get a full group to gain enough AA EXP or even gear.
    Use EXP Potions if you have to kill a large amount of enemies because the 100% only count for killed mobs and not for Quest EP (For example: When doing the rice sack quests in wild lands you need to kill around 150 mobs and they give some nice amount of EXP).
    AA EXP potions are most effective if used in hardmode dungeons on level 80 (Monastery or Vile Nativity for example). They also count only for mobs / bosses that means if you do a full Vile run you can get at least 1 AA Level or even 1 1/2 AA level for just one instance.
    PvP does not happen at level 20 or only if you talk to people and arrange something like that as a special event but nowdays low level PvP is dead (don't know whats happening on Fury but that server is (almost) dead too).
    I don't know what class your new character is (HoX again?) so I can't tell you what special AA talents you should lear but most common way is:

Blue Area:
    Pressing Strikes 5/5
    Decisive Strikes 5/5
    For Guard / maybe Conq and DT Elusive Nature for critigation (All Hardmode bosses do critical hits and they need to be mitigated)

Red Area:
    Rogues: Tainted Weapons (to remove healing on boss) and Finely Honed (to remove special shields on boss)
    Tanks: Resolve (to remove wreck effects on yourself)
    Healers: Steadfest Faith (to remove ruin effects from yourself and some players infront of you) and Celestial Gaze (small cone burst only if you have gear with a higher amount of Healrating)
    Mages: Unbinding Charm (to unroot you and another target infront of you) and optional the anti hate thing (don't know the name right now)

Silver Area:
    (don't know you class so can't tell you about that)
    Last edited by xCodename; 26th August 2015 at 01:20.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post

Blue Area:
    Pressing Strikes 5/5
    Decisive Strikes 5/5
    For Guard / maybe Conq and DT Elusive Nature for critigation (All Hardmode bosses do critical hits and they need to be mitigated)
    I've recently been playing a new conq, assassin and guardian and it's driven home just how much the critigation stuff helps. Wanted to add that Forced Engage, tanks only aa, also adds a lot of innate critigation chance.

Yeah totally forgot about Forced Engange.

For TS: Forced Engage (FE) is just another tool like "Goad" and adds a passiv bonus of critigation chance to your character if he is a Tank class.