Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Please revamp the F2P Model.

Default Please revamp the F2P Model.

The F2P model is very poor executed .
    That you have to be subbed to access ROTG expansion is the worst idea. Buy it and gain unlimited access.
    We are forced to pay a sub to gain access to major parts of the game, we should have the option for a micro transaction.
    This game deserves a better model than the current one.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneus2212 View Post
    The F2P model is very poor executed .
    That you have to be subbed to access ROTG expansion is the worst idea. Buy it and gain unlimited access.
    We are forced to pay a sub to gain access to major parts of the game, we should have the option for a micro transaction.
    This game deserves a better model than the current one.
    You can get access to dungeons by micro transactions

The f2p model is the worst in the industry. Its free to play but if you want to try any sort of pve forget it. Also you can buy the khitai expansion pack but you will be unable ot enjoy any of it without actively subscribing. funcom should fire everyone and take it back to the drawing board.
    Con is never a dump stat!

Quote Originally Posted by Fistthumper View Post
    The f2p model is the worst in the industry. Its free to play but if you want to try any sort of pve forget it. Also you can buy the khitai expansion pack but you will be unable ot enjoy any of it without actively subscribing. funcom should fire everyone and take it back to the drawing board.
    True,its a fake f2p model...basicly a scam! :P

My suggestion would be,try RIFT MMO ,why?simple...
    (http://www.riftgame.com/en/)

1.Cross-server tech
    2.Total f2p (u can buy credits from other players with in-game gold if u need so)
    3.U can acess everything in game either if u chose to be f2p or to be premium(premium get some nice stuff but nothing p2w)
    4.PVP IS AWESOME!
    5.Achievement system is AWESOME!
    6.Open world rift raids/open world nightmare raid rifts/Instance nightmare raid rifts
    7.Imba standard instanced raids
    8.Adventure raids at any level
    9.IMBA crafting!
    10.Game is alive,either in US or EU.
    11.Devs actually hear people on forums and update the game in a nice pace accordingly with such feedback and so on.
    12.No fps loss crap
    13.Imba dungeons with imba dungeon finder with normal/hard /nightmare difficulties.
    14.U can transfer characters for free for other servers(7 day cooldown per/character after transfer to be able to transfer again with each one)
    15.SO MUCH MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    16.RIP AOC!

cheers
    Last edited by Tiberivs; 26th July 2015 at 12:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post

1.Cross-server tech
    2.Total f2p (u can buy credits from other players with in-game gold if u need so)
    3.U can acess everything in game either if u chose to be f2p or to be premium(premium get some nice stuff but nothing p2w)
    4.PVP IS AWESOME!
    6.Open world rift raids/open world nightmare raid rifts/Instance nightmare raid rifts
    9.IMBA crafting!
    11.Devs actually hear people on forums and update the game in a nice pace accordingly with such feedback and so on.
    12.No fps loss crap
    13.Imba dungeons with imba dungeon finder with normal/hard /nightmare difficulties.
    14.U can transfer characters for free for other servers(7 day cooldown per/character after transfer to be able to transfer again with each one)
    16.RIP AOC!

cheers
    Rift was ok, dc universe online is much better albeit a different atmosphere. Superhero vs fantasy/magic Great pvp and minigames and an excellent f2p model. Funcom could learn a lot from trying other mmos out and "borrowing" ideas.
    Con is never a dump stat!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post

1.Cross-server tech
    4.PVP IS AWESOME!
    9.IMBA crafting!
    12.No fps loss crap
    16.RIP AOC!

cheers
    Sure, if you are into power rangers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=75&v=anp2auWG9o4

I doubt that would appeal to AOC playerbase
    Retired

Yeah f2p model sucks, why should developers get paid for their work? I mean it's just a game, supported by a company. Companies don't NEED to make money, right?

In all seriousness, the f2p model is great. You clearly weren't here for the old one. Only available dungeon was Onyx Chambers, 2 raids, 2g cap, only available classes were Guard, PoM and Demo.

You always hear this story of AoC being the worst F2P title out there & "How dare they, I paid for that expansion and my sub has lapsed so I cant play it!!"

Yeah kind of sounds similar to any sub based game, WoW? Buy an expansion, sub lapses, tough your now only a F2P player an can mess about with lvl 20 toons.

While I think that AoC needs to address its business model as whole, its F2P model is one of the better ones for a game as fully fleshed out as it is, if you like then sub, if not then you can still get to max level, play pvp, enjoy all the old world content.

As for the mention of Rift, I would say its one of the better F2P games out there, essentially WoW but free but dont kid yourself into thinking that the grass is greener. Trion have shifted their business to one similar to Cryptics/Perfect World with BiS being in lockboxes or behind geographical time frame grinds. The game is good fun but Trion are not.

F2P model sucks, compared to others :

- Shop is rarely updated with new stuff -or decent quality ones, yes i look at you poorly textured vanity gear- and don't get me started on thoses lottery boxes. Most of the vanity stuff is 3-4 years-old and still at the same price. When you expect using a cash shop, you have to update it often.
    - Prices are stupid, microtransactions with access pass that cost way more than a sub ? Ok, sounds like a scam.
    - Money don't go to support the game, i remember Nusquam saying that they would prefer selling special items with their shop instead of crowdfunding AoC, now i know why... it's to get more money for TSW !
    - Daily discount (10%) don't stack with premium discount, so basically, it's a daily deal only for F2P users. First time i see a restriction for premium users xD. Looks like they avoid cumulative discount on their precious items.
    - RoTg access limited to premium users+ buying pack, dragonspine limited to premium user w/o pack, shadow of vanaheim/turan limited to pack buyers, what a mess. Obviously they don't have any long-term vision of their marketing strategy.
    - Restrictions are the only way to push you at premium. There's not much positive incentives to be subbed, only reason is to unlock access and limitations. 200 points per month is ridiculous compared to others titles, esp. TSW from the same company.
    - Premium points are fading with time, without anything to see it (and don't tell me such tool doesn't exist, since i know GM/assistance can see it). Why ?
    - No weekly/monthly free items (for premium users) to tease/push people to visit the shop. Nope.
    - I still love how they release the "ultimate bag" at full cost every year

It's not because the old one was way worst that the current one is nice. I really think they don't care at all of it. 2010 F2P model was rushed like many of others things (dreamworld, servers merges) that year cause TSW was on his last year of developpement.

Could explain why it's f2p but still less populated than any other Mmo.
    Last edited by Bibik; 27th July 2015 at 14:13.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

I think the F2P model is great. The only reasons I'm subbed is for the character slots and the inventory boost. Well, and to assuage my conscience by paying for something I'm enjoying .

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast