Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Overpowered PVP EXP Gain (PLS NERF)

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    If your just doing 1-2 minis a day, good luck on getting anywhere in pvp. Your simply not investing the time to get anywhere.
    Of course building up skill takes time. That's why casuals will never be elite players. But that doesn't imply that you need to create additional barriers (gear gap, AA gap, slow XP gain from the most accessible form of minigames) to keep casuals out.

How about some honesty here. If you like the system as it is, just subscribe to one of the two following statements:
    * I want to give advantages to vets to keep the noobs out - only people who are decent at the game should participate in PvP.
    * I want to give advantages to vets because I worked hard to get all that gear/AA, why should others have it easier?

Both are perfectly valid opinions (though I happen to disagree with them).
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    already known stuff
    I beg to differ with the first 4 words of your reply.

You probably didnt realize that i dont belong to the second category of players mentioned in my post.
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I feel bad about feeling good about that~

So cute, Moose getting schooled :d

But its still most funny to me that people are complaing for pve gear in pvp Imo hox t5 set is worth it, coz of ridiculous btd buff (still mostly for troll than real use tho). For rest classes pvp gear is the way to go, i didnt see any competent pvper using pve gear over pvp gear nowdays.

Full t4 pvp 10! (c)

P.S. Just recently played premades, few games in full t4 gear, then few in t3 pvp gear, and omje in full t3 pvp i felt like way way more stronger. PvE gear makes u super squishy and in any decent fight its waste of time.
    Last edited by Sarhal; 24th September 2015 at 16:47.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Quote Originally Posted by AggroMagnet View Post
    I beg to differ with the first 4 words of your reply.

You probably didnt realize that i dont belong to the second category of players mentioned in my post.
    Neither do I. But I grouped with multiple lowbie/noobs from a variety of guilds last event and these players were able to finish quests and win some events, so it's far from impossible as you said. And even if they get stomped there ate a multitude of quests they can finish even losing events.
    Doomsayer 2008

Aggromagnet thingie point was not that new players cant do any quests, but they are far from progression speed other can get.

Major reward is comming from winning quest, current rewards for participation is inadequate. So the winner takes it all. 70%-80% of pxp which u get on festival comes from Field of Slaughter which is even more sticked to victories. So new players ofcourse can do festival, but still they suffer to much here.
    Cripples gonna cripple

The idea that people would be ignorant of what the pvp festivals entail is a little silly. There is a sticky from our former game director in this subforum.

As far as finding groups, even though the player search is disabled in zone you can still search for groups in zone. There's usually more than one group that is short during peak times. And as far as progression goes, 1 bori book, 1 pvp candy and 1 win in any event will get you double xp. Combine that with a few vanquisher rewards and say the kali mementos worth 5k you could go from 0 to pvp 3 in a couple hours and 0 to 5 in a day or so. Only thing you'd be lacking would be the aas.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    Aggromagnet thingie point was not that new players cant do any quests, but they are far from progression speed other can get.

Major reward is comming from winning quest, current rewards for participation is inadequate. So the winner takes it all. 70%-80% of pxp which u get on festival comes from Field of Slaughter which is even more sticked to victories. So new players ofcourse can do festival, but still they suffer to much here.
    It's not ideal for some, but you can achieve more there than in minis during certain times of the day. I was grouping with people who never even had done minis before and after some explanation of how it worked and what their role in the group was they preformed decent enough to run off much better players even numbers, so it's not impossible, just less than ideal. Still better exp than minis though.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    PvP for those newbies is minigames only, that's the best settings for them. Because it's same number of players on each team, objective based, and random.
    It's not the best setting, that's just maybe what they think is the best setting but then that is a serious mistake. Pug minis are the most horrible pvp experience ever and are not rewarding at all.

In the pvp festival you can at least group up with friends and do something. In pug minis the lowbies either get farmed hopelessly (or just leech when they get on the winning team) and if they have a friend in the mini he's probably in the other team. Those lowbies won't even progress fast (compared to pvp festival) and they learn pretty much nothing about pvp. I see so many high levels on Crom who have played JS more than any other mini but are completely worthless pvpers. It's really sad.

There should be better participation rewards in the pvp events though, I agree, not just rewards for the winners. Although in team events you do get something even when not topping kills it's still a big gap.
    Last edited by kalston; 25th September 2015 at 07:36.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

I cant be bothered to start a flame war about honesty when i read some posts but at least the points have been exposed, now this discussion is mined by some tunnel vision "elitists" veteran pvp10 pve players as if it was not nearly a decade this game was released and long time forgotten in the most competitive pvpers mind because of hacks, exploits, broken code and unstable servers, content or lack thereof, no open world progression, class imbalances, broken pve/pvp AA and item progression.

At least don't turn random minigames into one way festival, it's the only reason they are still running and big guilds already manage to join with 3 or 4 people in the same minigame and manage to get 3 in same team by taking advantage of the low population while royally ignoring each other and trade random player kills trapped there like there is no objectives reward.

Go open world, tournament mode, khesh arena or ask funcom to make a new queue where you can sign as group so your bored veteran friends can come back not just to farm even more randoms in minigames without full AA and T3pvp/T4+pve gear while getting all the rewards but to fight between vets pvpers and people willing to face organized teams with the latest pve toys.

It's a game, meant to be fun dont forget, leave some space to casuals in pvp and give them all the tools to progress fast and fair to really enjoy their experience in this old mmo because they are not only making the largest part of any big mmo population but they can sometimes prove to be the best competition in the long run.

To conclude i don't see this discussion going anywhere without action from funcom anyway and they are too busy with T6 pve raid.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipope View Post
    I cant be bothered to start a flame war about honesty when i read some posts but at least the points have been exposed, now this discussion is mined by some tunnel vision "elitists" veteran pvp10 pve players as if it was not nearly a decade this game was released and long time forgotten in the most competitive pvpers mind because of hacks, exploits, broken code and unstable servers, content or lack thereof, no open world progression, class imbalances, broken pve/pvp AA and item progression.

At least don't turn random minigames into one way festival, it's the only reason they are still running and big guilds already manage to join with 3 or 4 people in the same minigame and manage to get 3 in same team by taking advantage of the low population while royally ignoring each other and trade random player kills trapped there like there is no objectives reward.

Go open world, tournament mode, khesh arena or ask funcom to make a new queue where you can sign as group so your bored veteran friends can come back not just to farm even more randoms in minigames without full AA and T3pvp/T4+pve gear while getting all the rewards but to fight between vets pvpers and people willing to face organized teams with the latest pve toys.

It's a game, meant to be fun dont forget, leave some space to casuals in pvp and give them all the tools to progress fast and fair to really enjoy their experience in this old mmo because they are not only making the largest part of any big mmo population but they can sometimes prove to be the best competition in the long run.

To conclude i don't see this discussion going anywhere without action from funcom anyway and they are too busy with T6 pve raid.
    Edit by Anzu: I, for one, am French, and I assure you I read and speak English just fine. Any attempt to debase a player or group of players solely because of their nationality will be infracted.

funny isn't it that pvp mini games "died" after they removed friend sign up, and it would not be "one sided" if they let us sign with 1-2 friends, I am sure the OPPOSITE TEAM has also 1-2 friends going together yes? yes pvp is played for fun and to compete, I do not sign mini games to wait my cd's go off from monastery or cus i got nothing better to do, and how exactly U have fun in mini game when u are CARRYING your whole team because they are all ignorant nabs that got no god damn clue what they doing.

"leave something for casuals" please, even if they play once a month they should know how to use radar, how their class works (how did they reach 80 if they don't. i wonder) they should know better not to attack conq which CLEARLY heals when u hit him? would it not be more idea to kill that demo behind him in spell weave nuking your whole group? tbh, has nothing to do with skill or being casual, has just to do with COMMON SENSE which seems to be dead in most people.
    Last edited by Anzu; 25th September 2015 at 11:39.
    The Law

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast