Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The rough leather drop is BS

Default The rough leather drop is BS

So gold, silver, electrum, & copper are all over the freaking world but you have to go to specific areas and kill 20-40 beats to maybe get 1 rough leather?

This is absolute bull. You mean to tell me that no animals have freaking hides?

No, I'm not asking for a drop every animal killed but for the love of Crom this is BULL!

Instead of doing cool things I spent my day in the Purple Lotus Swamp killing gators and beakers - killed plenty - how much leather did I gather?

BULL!

Quote Originally Posted by cocandan View Post
    So gold, silver, electrum, & copper are all over the freaking world but you have to go to specific areas and kill 20-40 beats to maybe get 1 rough leather?

This is absolute bull. You mean to tell me that no animals have freaking hides?

No, I'm not asking for a drop every animal killed but for the love of Crom this is BULL!

Instead of doing cool things I spent my day in the Purple Lotus Swamp killing gators and beakers - killed plenty - how much leather did I gather?

BULL!
    Save yerself some time; Just buy it at the TRADER. You're welcome

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Go to Conall and kill wolves, wargs and boars. You'll get more leather that way. Gathering instances are only good to get 'green' leather.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    Save yerself some time; Just buy it at the TRADER. You're welcome

This is not a good encouragement, because if the drop rate is too low (easily compareable with the other resource growth and gathering rate statistically), then this will just encourage botting in the resource areas. Low and new players can simply not pay the ridicolous prices for rough leather at the trader as well.

Beaker respawn is around 5 minutes, you get 1-2 leather per swarm/spawn point, you can stay usually at a pair of points, because they respawn faster than you travel to other pairs of spawn points. So this means around 10-20 rough leather in about on hour.
    Tier 1 resources grow slow, with maybe 2% per minute, but there are at least 4 nodes in the resource zone and even more (usually full) in questing zones. Making it easily for 40+ harvestable in an hour. And for these resources you can make a route, not wasting time waiting or travelling much, resulting in 40+ of all node materials harvested in the zone. Maybe less, if you want them all per resource. Still far more than what you harvest by lootdrops.

So probably not the worst inbalance in the game, but one easily fixed, just double the drop rates for silk, all low tier leather etc..
    Or keep them included in the loot lists and not let all lvl80 animals drop the t3 leather always.

Dropchance in instances seem to be a tad higher as well. So for silk, you can try main system (but again, not more than 20 silk per hour there, because mobs take longer to kill). But rough leather you can also get from dark beasts in the tunnels under tesso (unless you handed in and finished the first quest part there).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 18th July 2015 at 07:09.

If you do the Cradle of Decay with an 80, you can run through there and loot the spiderwebs. There are 3 spiderwebs, which hold leathers. Sometimes you get lucky and there are brindled leather too.

Yeah it is crap indeed . Most animals in this game appear to have no hide . Lemurians only have 1 testicle . And some animals for a certain quest I don't remember exactly have only 1 or no eyes at all
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Edit by Anzu: Be constructive, or don't bother to post.
    Last edited by Anzu; 18th July 2015 at 14:53.

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    Yeah it is crap indeed . Most animals in this game appear to have no hide . Lemurians only have 1 testicle . And some animals for a certain quest I don't remember exactly have only 1 or no eyes at all
    Well, if you kill things you tend to do damage...maybe certain things got simply damaged and are not in a condition to be collected or sold anymore.

What would be logical is if you got a higher skill of "Skinner" profession, you can salvage more of the leather resources; a.k.a. higher drop rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    What would be logical is if you got a higher skill of "Skinner" profession, you can salvage more of the leather resources; a.k.a. higher drop rate.
    A great idea I've seen in a few different MMOs; but it would never see the light of day in the current environment.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast