Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Yeah, I See The Issue With Jumping

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    The level of realism in AoC is 95% of the reason I play there rather than some anime flip with disproportionate weapons and garish, ridiculous armor.

Do you mean flipping through the air? Or the derogatory term for people from the Philippines? Either way, you need to edit that, I certainly took it the wrong way.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    The OP want's no jumping, or jumping at a high cost.
    Could you point out where I said anything about not wanting jumping?

In my original post, I said it looks ridiculous - it does; not when jumping for a reason, but the random jumping about, going in and out of attack mode while running around in random directions.

Then, in post #9, I said, "I simply noted that it looks ridiculous. They want to look ridiculous? Fine by me, but it doesn't change my opinion."

So, where did I say I didn't want jumping?

Then, once that is answered, where did I say I wanted a "high cost?" I simply said, "a stamina cost." I did not specify high or low. However, you try jumping around - in or out of armor - and see how long you can keep it up before you tire.

There is precedent in the game for tiring out; that's the bar you see when holding the Shift-key down when moving. So, why not the same for jumping? Do you think that jumping is not an extra expenditure of energy, much like running?

Please close the topic, it belongs on Test Live at best.
    Why? If one doesn't like the topic, one is not forced to read the thread. But, from other threads I've read in other forums - none of which is Test Live - it seems to be a common enough topic.

Do you mean flipping through the air? Or the derogatory term for people from the Philippines? Either way, you need to edit that, I certainly took it the wrong way.
    I had typed "flup" on my phone. Apparently, either my autocorrect changed it or Anzu did when it was edited.

As for being a derogatory word for Filipinos, I had no idea. However, I believe context would have, by no means, caused the reasonable reader to come away with that interpretation, even if the "flipping through the air" interpretation wasn't much better. At least the latter has a relationship to the game, whereas the former does not.

I believe it would take a bit of effort to think that I meant the derogatory term.

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    I had typed "flup" on my phone. Apparently, either my autocorrect changed it or Anzu did when it was edited.
    My only action was to merge your five posts. Any edit is highlighted.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    My only action was to merge your five posts. Any edit is highlighted.
    Then, it was my phone. I thought there might've been a slim chance that you did your edit on a phone and your phone's autocorrect did it.

Slim to none chance, but I wanted to cover all bases I could think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Giving some stamina cost to jumping makes sense, because it would add more skill and tactics into the movement overall.
    This make sense, some energy is drained for double tapping (lateral, forward,backward), so can be drained for vertical jump too.

Btw i can understand OP's feeling about jumping lol, but he cant pretend ppl stop doing it.

http://postimg.org/image/t6uhaoe2t/

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    It's because I'm a cat, like my fellow French moderators. We change any insult/name calling to dog calling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    I'm with the OP on this matter.

Retards jumping all over the place looks ridiculous, and it does indeed break my immersion, like some players who insist on their avatar looking completely wrong, with messed up faces, proportions and outfit.
    And to the people who would argue that one does whatever they want, just look at the witcher 3, would anyone play that master piece if Geralt and the main characters looked like disproportionate clowns ? I bet not.

Now in PvP, sure, it's sad that jumping all the time is a necessity, but well, it is how it is. In PvE though, if i see anyone in my group/raid doing that, i just kick the guy right away. I will not stand random clowns making my game look bad. It's already an insult to have to stand the sight of those clowns when passing by Khemi.

I really wish AoC was more stable and one could not jump aroud to abuse the desynch and latency. I also wish jumping would consume stamina, mana and energy in significant amounts, that, would be grand.
    Always a nice read
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234