Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yeah, I See The Issue With Jumping

Default Yeah, I See The Issue With Jumping

...and, it does look moronic. I never really saw any until the other night when I was in Khemi.

I had stopped in that big flat area by the water to adjust my character's stats from just leveling up and there were these three rabbits running like crazy, jumping up in the air, swinging swords and basically going schizoid all over the place.

I really noticed how one's immersion in the game is ripped to shreds by that.

Other players behaving like they want to is one of the things you can not controll in a MMO. You can like it or dislike it, for some people this is part of a living, moving world, some people get all mad about non-rp behavior.

I think the best way to deal with it is to embrace it. Players on a mount at the traders? Well, they are unpolite warriors who don't know better. Players jumping around like crazy? They are bloodthirsty killers with too much energy, or just show offs who can not controll their powers.

Actually, I myself like it very much to watch the moving crowd at the harbor in Khemi. That is the place a lot of pvpers are waiting for the next mini to pop, it is a known place to see a lot of pvpers, and I prefer their energy filling the place over a static environment. That is exactly the place where the world is not empty, but crowded most of the times. I enjoy watching them jumping around, showing off, burning down strawmen or throwing mangos from the rooftops at people. For me it means even more immersion, because I am not alone, and the harbor and marcetplace is a fitting place for shady characters to go crazy. Even the guards don't care, as long as no one plays with fire, of course .

And just to clear things up: The talking on the forums about jumping mostly means combojumping, which is an entire different thing than just jumping around.

ban people who move , breath or talk! as lord utog commands!
    lets all stay static for the rest of our time . GG
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

*Locked in an epic battle of wills the two mighty warriors have stared each other down for three days straight now. Who will emerge victorious? As they seem evenly matched I believe it's simply going to come down to whoever wants it the most.*

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    ...and, it does look moronic. I never really saw any until the other night when I was in Khemi.

I had stopped in that big flat area by the water to adjust my character's stats from just leveling up and there were these three rabbits running like crazy, jumping up in the air, swinging swords and basically going schizoid all over the place.

I really noticed how one's immersion in the game is ripped to shreds by that.
    Why don't you tell them to respect your feelings?

Tell them you are not a noob and don't let them feel you like that and that you thought you could control all people for 14 euro a month. Tell them you bought God expansion.

They will understand. Bye

Easy with the ranting please.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Agreed, as a Demo I would appreciate it if mele classes could just stand still while I attack them. Movement is preventing me from getting 40 kills each mini, thank you.

I agree with the OP. The combo jumping is stupid. It never used to be a problem back when I played years ago (2008-2011). I guess it's something new that cropped up after the sprint revamp? The only time I'd bunnyhop was before the sprint revamp when I was swimming because then you wouldn't lose any stamina.

I don't rage at players who do it because ultimately it's up to Funcom to fix it. If they don't put in a code fix it's going to continue to exist.

I wouldn't count on it though - minigame, renown system, lootbox, invisible horse, fatality and res bug all still aren't fixed either.
    Last edited by krippa; 7th July 2015 at 21:17.

Snippy responses aside, I don't care if they look silly or not; that's their issue. I simply noted that it looks ridiculous. They want to look ridiculous? Fine by me, but it doesn't change my opinion.

Is this thread about combo jumping, or just jumping between animations? Either way, combo jumping (the animation exploit) does very little, most people do it to show off. It might give you the slightest edge depending on latency, but whatever. It's not a big deal, you still can't mold combos together even if you do combo jump.

Now, just jumping around between white its, players should enjoy that. It's much easier to predict where players will go when jumping as you can't change direction mid jump. Why would anyone complain about that?
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast