Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: NEW interview with CirithGorgor - current state of the game

As much as would like to hear the answers to a lot of mentioned questions, I think Cirith is not the one who is allowed to give them.

E.g. T6 armor skin: I think he would really like to give every class a unique and adorable style, but I don't think that he is the one making the decissions about how much of his time he can spend on such things.

My questions would be more about his own work, people like to talk about what they are proud of, and I think I don't say to much if I say that he is not very proud of many decissions his superiors chosed.

O am confident Slith will not loose to much time at questions Cirith is not allowed to answer anyway.

Which Adventure Pack is next? Funcom likes to talk about items which make them money, which t6 is just an amenity to subbed players, as is crafting. I am sure we will see an another AP before anything is released, I want to know what it is.

I also want more information on Arena's, and what is their plan for balancing group vs. solo activities there? Cirith has been pretty good on releasing PvP changes, I have no doubt arena's will release, but what is in for it for players doing them?
    Last edited by Suctum; 8th July 2015 at 19:59.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Feadara View Post
    As much as would like to hear the answers to a lot of mentioned questions, I think Cirith is not the one who is allowed to give them.

E.g. T6 armor skin: I think he would really like to give every class a unique and adorable style, but I don't think that he is the one making the decissions about how much of his time he can spend on such things.

My questions would be more about his own work, people like to talk about what they are proud of, and I think I don't say to much if I say that he is not very proud of many decissions his superiors chosed.

O am confident Slith will not loose to much time at questions Cirith is not allowed to answer anyway.
    A dev NOT being able to tell us what he's been tasked with and time-frames? ~ what's the point of the interview then? Critic said "state of game" interview. Might as well put it on a different blog all together; Full-Sail college students page, perhaps.

If I were curious about what he's proud of :
    1) I would look up his LinkedIn page
    2) subscribe to his FaceBook page
    ... NOT go to a 3rd party page.

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

A while ago there was an incentive to make a new character, a free lvl 50 character was given to subscription players. Is there going to be another incentive like that. Given the months of grinding need to compete on "fair" levels can it be a free decked out toon? I bet you'd be surprised how many people will jump on that train.

Thank you all for feedback so far, I will use a lot of it.

I am submiting the questions on monday so last chance to post.
    Retired

Default Communication

After reading the forums for a while (especially the threads that have to do with possible improvements to the game), I would like to ask, why is there little (if any) communication from the Funcom staff (be it moderators or developers) on the forums acknowledging when an idea has merit?

The members of the community post ideas on a regular basis, not to harass -or- troll the developers, but to get their attention and attempt to make the game better/fix issues/more profitable. Yet there is rarely (if ever) any replies from an "official source". The lack of communication leads to (what I feel) is far too much speculation by players who may not still actively participate in the game (and only lurk the forums).

Is Conan really the unwanted/unprofitable step-child of Funcom that alot of the forum members seem to feel it is?

How does he feel about the current state of Guild renown? Is there any plans to perhaps reduce the costs to advance guild renown levels prior to any planned crafting revamp as to help existing smaller guilds to make progress in a game despite a small population? I feel this is important for the RP community, as currently it is difficult to maintain guilds that can enjoy the aspects of things that RP guilds greatly desire such as Guild Halls for privacy and dueling arenas to help hone PvP outside of minis and leaving guild to fight one another in one of the Border Kingdoms, all while remaining splintered among various guilds to maintain unique identities.

In spite of continued problems with the game and such, the game has made good progress. The long-awaited HoX revamp had me coming back to the game, for one. How does he feel about the changes to AoC in the last year, and what direction does he see the game going in a year?

has this interview been done yet? I'm interested in reading the responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester90 View Post
    has this interview been done yet? I'm interested in reading the responses.
    He's posting the questions Monday, we'll probably see the responses towards the end of this coming week.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Unutterable View Post
    He's posting the questions Monday, we'll probably see the responses towards the end of this coming week.
    Let me fix that for you

He's posting the questions Monday, we'll probably see the responses towards the end of this coming year.