Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reinstalled 5 times in one day, still cant run AoC

Default Reinstalled 5 times in one day, still cant run AoC

Hello, I was happily playing AoC just yesterday when I started to notice my game was crashing every hour or so when I had installed SweetFX. So I went an duninstalled SweetFX, and ever since then AoC has had nothing but issues.

First, I uninstalled everything that came with SweetFX, and then AoC would tell me every single time I launched it that my resource database could be corrupted and it was going to chec. Did this every time, no matter if it found something or not, the next time something was once again "corrupt".

Since this wasn't fixing itself, I then reinstalled AoC. First time I had it through steam and this time I used the download link on the My Account page. After I reinstalled the game, it patched and I got an errors saying that it can not find the games exes when they are sitting right there in the exact patch the error is telling me that there are no exes. It is also telling me that I have an issue with the localconfig.xml. I have followed the steps for the localconfig fix and it doesn't work. I have to repatch every god damn time I open it, download like 2 17mb updates and then it fails again. I have reinstalled this game 5 times now in the last 24 hours, 5 times..... I really shouldn't be having this issue with that many reinstalls, always with the same issue. Oh and every time I reinstalled the game I restarted my computer between uninstalling and reinstalling.

Here's an up-to-date LocalConfig.xml. Try pasting it in your own file and see what happens.

Code:
    <Config>
      <Self>
        <ConfigKey>Universe/Client/</ConfigKey>
      </Self>
      <Universe>
        <Client>
          <ClientFileName>AgeOfConan.exe</ClientFileName>
          <ClientFileNameDX10>AgeOfConanDX10.exe</ClientFileNameDX10>
          <HttpPatchAddr>http://aoc-eu-update.live.ageofconan.com/upm</HttpPatchAddr>
          <HttpPatchFolder>AoCLiveEU</HttpPatchFolder>
          <HTTPMaxConnections>5</HTTPMaxConnections>
          <PreferencesName>Conan</PreferencesName>
          <UseCorePhysics>False</UseCorePhysics>
          <ClientHttpPatchAddr>http://aoc-eu-gameupdate.live.ageofconan.com/upm</ClientHttpPatchAddr>
          <ControlHttpPatchAddr>http://aoc-eu-control.live.ageofconan.com/upm</ControlHttpPatchAddr>
          <DevName>conan</DevName>
          <UniverseVersion>2</UniverseVersion>
          <Languages>en,es,fr,de,ru,pl</Languages>
          <EnableOfflineLeveling>True</EnableOfflineLeveling>
          <EnableKhitanCharacters>True</EnableKhitanCharacters>
          <EnableAlternateAdvancement>True</EnableAlternateAdvancement>
          <EnableOfflineAaTraining>True</EnableOfflineAaTraining>
          <PatchVersion>x1e9b2fff14ba159479bf4e40cf1dac7f</PatchVersion>
          <UniverseAddr>dm09-nj4.ageofconan.com:7010</UniverseAddr>
        </Client>
      </Universe>
    </Config>
    Short cuts make long delays.

Yeah, that did nothing different as I suspected. I have tried this every time I reinstalled. I have even cleared my registry and removed all Conan files in the AppData/Local folder. I have removed any trace of this game being on my computer that I can find before installing and this error continues. Here is a link to an image of exactly whats happening with my Conan directory open in the background to show you how absolutely silly this is.

http://imgur.com/hGjSZ5G

As you can see clear as day in the image, I have both those files in that folder yet the game refuses to run. I am about at the point of just forgetting about this game, it is not even close to being worth this much ******** (6 reinstalls within a 24 hour period is absolutely absurd to play a game that was working before). So frustrated especially since I have searched the internet all over for this issue and everyone else was remedied by that localconfig fix, which coincidentally changes absolutely nothing for me.

Sigh.... And what do you know, the two days this week I had to play actually play this game, I am spending them trying to figure out why the game stopped working. All from removing files that weren't even in the god damned directory to begin with....

Looks like a fault in the file allocation table, or even a failing disk maybe. I would do a backup of the stuff on that drive regardless, and then do chkdsk /f /r very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Looks like a fault in the file allocation table, or even a failing disk maybe. I would do a backup of the stuff on that drive regardless, and then do chkdsk /f /r very soon.
    This hard drives like 4 months old, And I have installed other games since then TSW being one of them which works fine. It is simply this game that is causing problems, which is funny because its really the one I was wanting to play.

In the middle of reverifying broken data.... again. I really hope that this time, it fixes itself. I have tried every single other fix out there, tried both steam and the my account page downloads, nothing has worked.

Put the game on your E partition and see if that makes a difference. Even brand new harddrives can fail, and if it's a Seagate - you are screwed more or less. http://www.extremetech.com/computing...-the-data-good

Put the game on your E partition and see if that makes a difference. Even brand new harddrives can fail, and if it's a Seagate - you are screwed more or less. http://www.extremetech.com/computing...-the-data-good
    That didn't work either. Man this is frustrating, I don't get why its just not working now...

Try to launch ageofconandx10.exe as administrator.

maybe it's dumb, but it's worth the try ^^

Reading the whole article would be a good idea, since it says:

it’s not at all clear how applicable it is to every day consumers and would-buy reliability hawks. We can be reasonably certain that Seagate’s 3TB and 4TB drives don’t fail at anything like 25-40% in the real world
    A French website publishes a similar analysis from returned (defective parts in the first year of use) hardware every year, and the numbers aren't quite the same:

- Seagate 0,68% (0,69% previously)
    - Western 1,09% (0,93% previously)
    - HGST 1,16% (1,01% previously)
    - Toshiba 1,34% (1,29% previously)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

I had a similar problem with my machine one year ago! The problem was the file system!Suddenly he began to corrupt other programs too! the solution was simple: I formatted the drive and reinstalled everything!Eventually I had to change the disc (A Seagate 1.5TB)

currently this disc is only used for non-critical data!
    Last edited by marcos73tkd; 17th June 2015 at 18:52.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast