Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Prime Bear Training' for the win!

Default 'Prime Bear Training' for the win!

Hurrey! Today I've obtained 4th lvl Clan Vigdis (new scenario) and I want to buy 'awesome' three fastest bears. But you know what? I can't! Why? Because I bought normal version of scenario and GM in petition told me that's impossible Why you Funcom didn't give that riding on some vendor of clan? You release unfinished content, incredibly expensive, and now you force some players to buy CE edition just because they can't play fully of it. Hilarious and tragic... I don't buy it, moreover I will not buy any other scenario if you fix this problem.

Greets a veteran with five years' experience!
    Circle of Nine member since 20/10/2010
    Age of Conan player since 15/04/2009
    C9 Officer => http://www.c9-gaming.eu/

ToS FTW! Moar, moar power!

What makes you think you should be able to get the same benefits as the collector's edition of the pack?

The prime bears are just a fast as the other epic bears. The difference with the prime bears are they only have a different visual (more detail) but same speed.

If speed is all you care about, why didn't you stop at rank 3 then?

Here is a side by side comparison on the rank 3 bear and the collector's edition. I didnt have the polar version of the same visuals.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

That's the same stupid joke like on offers necklaces, why they didn't put triaing on the vendors? just because i must buy CE priceless thing? LOL

They didnt put it into the vendor because it's in the collector's edition pack. It would really kill the purpose of having a collector's pack if you can get the same items without the collector's pack.

If I missunderstood your first post you only wanted them because of the speed? Then why are you bitching when they arent any faster?
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    I can't comment too much on anything related to the business model, but the basic idea was to have the new mount bundled with the content access though; but I can make it clear what the content contains:

Immediate bear mount unlock (additional swift armored version with the CE, also access to Prime bears on the faction vendors).
    Access to the Shadows of Vanaheim permanent storyline and locations (not premium).
    Additional vanity helmet, tattoo and treasure chest with the CE.
    It has been stated by Cirity on forums that access to Prime bears only comes with CE version. It also says something like that on the pack itself I think.

What else did you think the difference was between normal and CE?

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    If I missunderstood your first post you only wanted them because of the speed? Then why are you bitching when they arent any faster?
    )) No, I just want to buy it. What's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    It has been stated by Cirity on forums that access to Prime bears only comes with CE version.
    If it's really and it will be, then I just wish them luck with sales of new scenarios...

Question Differences?

So is there any reason to buy the standard add-on?

I have not bought it yet, and know very little about it the add-on.

Rings still available for standard version? Possible for a brown bear mount; doesn't matter speed?

I don't know but this sounds to me that its like a "second premium status".
    You pay monthly fee --> you have to buy the scenario --> if you want to be able to buy all ingame items you have to buy the CE Version

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    What makes you think you should be able to get the same benefits as the collector's edition of the pack?

Because he is willing to pay for it and can not get it for a reasonable price?

The problem where he definitely is right is, that they practically charge you double, if you go for the normal edition, like the content and then want the collectors edition. If there would be an "update" option in the shop (which is what he means as i understand it) there would be no problem. Imo it is just plain stupid and wrong marketing to annoy people who actually want to spent money. You can not expect to be successfull when you punish people for BUYING a tryout first, like the content (assumingly) and then want everything, without having wasted the first buy.

There is not even harm done, if they added everything in the collectors edition seperately to the shop, for a price in total higher than that of the collectors edition. The point of collectors editions should be a bundle price, not some exclusive access. Still, if they choose it this way, it does not matter what a dev posts in the forums, what matters is how the purchase is communicated IN THE SHOP. If they have a "only exclusively available in this bundle" in the description of the bear ingame and in the shop description, it would be better also (i assume they have not, reading the OPs post).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 14th June 2015 at 13:37.

If you go to the announcement, it plainly says:

"You can also get the new Collector's Edition of Hyborian Tales: Shadow of Vanaheim. It contains all the new content plus several other exclusive and account wide items, such as the epic Prime Platinum Ice Bear swift mount, the Winged Mask of Bragi vanity helm and the Facemarking: Berserker Horns tattoo. The Collector's Edition also includes a Grand Treasure Chest, which can only be claimed once per account."

OP, you have zero argument here. You want the collectors edition without paying for the collectors edition. There was no ambiguity in what you were buying, nor any promise of access to the items clearly identified as CE items.

I don't follow what the complaint is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast