Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AFK in Minis

Thumbs down AFK in Minis

There's a player on Fury who goes AFK in every mini I've played (we all know who he is: hint rhymes with knobvater). He taunts his team members and brags about it in Global chat. I have screenshots as I'm sure other players do. Today I petitioned GMs. Surely, this isn't the first petition. How can one player be allowed to ruin mini games for so many others, many of whom sub (like myself)?
    "Does it always smell like this?"

It's been what, years now? According to FC he does not break any rules and is free to do what he does.
    Yeah...
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Killnan View Post
    There's a player on Fury who goes AFK in every mini I've played (we all know who he is: hint -Edited by Mustaine: No.). He taunts his team members and brags about it in Global chat. I have screenshots as I'm sure other players do. Today I petitioned GMs. Surely, this isn't the first petition. How can one player be allowed to ruin mini games for so many others, many of whom sub (like myself)?
    The GMs use to respond to such petitions; you don't really see it anymore. Perhaps there's a good reason they don't take action as of late.

From time time I will go afk in a mini for reasons I should never have to explain to anyone. And I don't intend to. I pay a sub as well on [2] accounts. does that mean I have priority over a person with one account?

There's nothing stopping you from leaving a mini before it starts. If the unnamed player is on the opposing team; its a win for you.

Perhaps the support e-mail would get the traction you're looking for.
    Last edited by Mustaine; 13th June 2015 at 15:58.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    From time time I will go afk in a mini for reasons I should never have to explain to anyone. And I don't intend to.
    Unless you're the player named, this didn't pertain to your mini actions/reasons. No explanation necessary and hardly on topic.

I pay a sub as well on [2] accounts. does that mean I have priority over a person with one account?
    This is a non sequitur. Reread my post and perhaps a book on logical argument.

There's nothing stopping you from leaving a mini before it starts. If the unnamed player is on the opposing team; its a win for you.
    How about the 10 minute coward penalty? Do you play this game?

Perhaps the support e-mail would get the traction you're looking for.
    Finally, a suggestion worth reading. I'll do so promptly.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    It's been what, years now? According to FC he does not break any rules and is free to do what he does.
    Yeah...
    I just fear instead of fixing the reason he goes afk or introducing measures to reduce such peoples effect on mini outcome (these chars are sometimes deliberately used to spam chat and troll to reduce teamplay and drive easily provoked pvp elitists into a chatrage or giving up instead of fighting), funcom will listen to the wrong people and mess up minigame rules (like with an autokick)

If we had a working alternative queue for premade vs premade this would not be a problem and funcoms line of argumentation would fail, if players do so in non pug minis (because then it would be an easier to prove case of manipulation or botting). Also in proper pugs with proper focuses people one player could not have such an impact. But of course, if you are down to getting only 6 vs 6 minis with always the same people anyone not belonging to this core will be annoying (either labelled as bad player, noob or worse). The whole thing is a perversion of what pug minis should be (constant variation in gameplay instead of grind).

GMS can not and should not be forced to deal with such issues, because as with player vote kicking, farming and griefing, their actions are bound to be subjective and not just (just look at how people are treated differently in pvp petitions concerning using alts, farming and insulting others on global). Even if they try to do so. The way to go is to go for a better system design and be willing to do a few tweaks, if you do not invent the right wheel at first go.

As for the system changes:
    The solutions were all in the old forums and some still here in the new forum. Of course you would need to be allowed to implement them and have a programmer to do so (Which looking at how long guild renown is NOT fixed so far, they do not have one left who can even change a few numbers with a hex editor, god forbid writing a few lines of code).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 13th June 2015 at 16:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Killnan View Post
    Unless you're the player named, this didn't pertain to your mini actions/reasons. No explanation necessary and hardly on topic.
    I don't believe you should be complaining here. No explanation because even THAT other player shouldn't have to deal with the whining.

This is a non sequitur. Reread my post and perhaps a book on logical argument.
    Don't attempt to know what my "argument" is. Im just as entitled to respond here as u. I was simply saying that sub or not (YOU mentioned subs) ~ we play how we want.

How about the 10 minute coward penalty? Do you play this game?
    Now you're just getting angry. It'll be okay.
    You can, in fact, see the mini participants prior to entering. This, most ppl, know.

Finally, a suggestion worth reading. I'll do so promptly.
    Excellent ~ as you were.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Edit by Anzu: That was not useful.
    Last edited by Anzu; 13th June 2015 at 17:46.

Edit by Anzu: Moderation is not to be discussed on the forums. You can contact moderators or the CMs via private message.
    Last edited by Anzu; 13th June 2015 at 19:28.

I will never understand people who get out of their way to piss complete strangers. I can comprehend somewhat someone doing so now and then because: boredom, lack of imagination, anger, stupity, etc. but this guy has been doing only this on his toons. Nothing else.

In any other part of the game you can circumvent any kind of similar behaviour rather easily. With mini-games there is no easy work around besides abstinence but that's ubuesque. Since players have no way to discourage such moronic behaviour nor go around it, it should be funcom's job to protect the community from such behaviour.

There's no word strong enough to express the profound disdain i have for such people.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Edit by Anzu: Moderation is not to be discussed on the forums.
    Last edited by Anzu; 13th June 2015 at 21:45.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast